Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

what is the shortest amount of time anyone has experienced their ME luggage tags arriving after calling to say they were never received?? asking for a friend named me. :)

If you don't receive your luggage tags, you can still use the luggage delivery service. Drop your luggage off at your home airport. When you arrive at the Magical Express desk at MCO, give the person at counter your baggage claim tickets. They will make sure your luggage will magically appear at your resort.

Hi,
Sorry, dumb question, I'm sure.
I received the tags for our stay at Coronado Springs and the resort name is correct under my name, however, the initials in the Mickey head are "AK". Is that a code for for the transport and not the resort?
Thank you!

Hi,
Sorry, dumb question, I'm sure.
I received the tags for our stay at Coronado Springs and the resort name is correct under my name, however, the initials in the Mickey head are "AK". Is that a code for for the transport and not the resort?
Thank you!
Coronado springs is an Animal Kingdom Area resort, I think those initials are for which resort area the resort you are staying at is in - MK, EP, or AK. So I think you’re fine!

Our plane is scheduled to land at 9PM, if we get delayed at all at what point should I consider grabbing our own luggage? What do they consider landing before 10? Whatever is listed on the arrival boards?

Just looked at our Magical Express tags, AK is on our Mickey head and we are staying at POP. Above the Mickey head in a little smaller print is Pop Century". So you are good to go with the tags.

You put the yellow luggage tags on your luggage before leaving your home airport if you'd like your luggage delivered to your resort. If your plane is scheduled to arrive at 9 pm, your luggage will not arrive in your room up to three hours later. If you would like your luggage before that time, I would suggest you not put the yellow tags on the luggage. You would then have to claim your luggage at the airport baggage claim. Then you would proceed to the Magical Express area and your luggage will be stored under the bus.

Our plane is scheduled to land at 9PM, if we get delayed at all at what point should I consider grabbing our own luggage? What do they consider landing before 10? Whatever is listed on the arrival boards?
Landing before 10:00 means at the gate and luggage being off loaded before 10:00.
The employees get off work at 10:00 so if you are at the gate after that you will need to go retrieve your bags if you don't want them spending the night at the airport. They will go to the luggage carousel. If left too long, baggage claim office employees will get them and store them.

If you don't go get them they will go to each baggage claim office and retrieve them in the morning.

I just need to double check this information. This morning I changed my resort from Caribbean Beach to Wilderness Lodge. The cast member I spoke with said for my luggage tags to just scratch out Caribbean Beach and write Wilderness Lodge and when they scan my tag it will make it to the correct resort. Is this accurate information? I really want to utilize the tags and not have to bother with picking up my luggage but I don't want my luggage lost.

I just need to double check this information. This morning I changed my resort from Caribbean Beach to Wilderness Lodge. The cast member I spoke with said for my luggage tags to just scratch out Caribbean Beach and write Wilderness Lodge and when they scan my tag it will make it to the correct resort. Is this accurate information? I really want to utilize the tags and not have to bother with picking up my luggage but I don't want my luggage lost.
Yes, that is correct. The confirmation number is the same so when they scan that and pull up the info it will show your correct Resort. Crossing out the name is just in case someone goes to read the tag and not scan it. They are SUPPOSED to scan them but sometimes get lazy and just read them.

Yes, that is correct. The confirmation number is the same so when they scan that and pull up the info it will show your correct Resort. Crossing out the name is just in case someone goes to read the tag and not scan it. They are SUPPOSED to scan them but sometimes get lazy and just read them.

Thank you for your help!

Landing before 10:00 means at the gate and luggage being off loaded before 10:00.
The employees get off work at 10:00 so if you are at the gate after that you will need to go retrieve your bags if you don't want them spending the night at the airport. They will go to the luggage carousel. If left too long, baggage claim office employees will get them and store them.

If you don't go get them they will go to each baggage claim office and retrieve them in the morning.

I feel like I might just grab it myself depending on how close to 10 we land! lol thanks!

Our flights completely changed, including airline, so I called & changed our Magical Express details today. Just got my mail, and we received the tags for our original Magical Express reservation today as well. Will they send new tags? I'm not sure what information is encoded in the bar codes of the original yellow tags, but nothing other than the flights and arrival/departure times have changed. We're still arriving and departing on the same days & staying at the same resort. It's very probable the CM answered this question, but I must have been zoning out. Our trip is in late September. Thanks in advance!

Our flights completely changed, including airline, so I called & changed our Magical Express details today. Just got my mail, and we received the tags for our original Magical Express reservation today as well. Will they send new tags? I'm not sure what information is encoded in the bar codes of the original yellow tags, but nothing other than the flights and arrival/departure times have changed. We're still arriving and departing on the same days & staying at the same resort. It's very probable the CM answered this question, but I must have been zoning out. Our trip is in late September. Thanks in advance!

You're fine. The tags you have are all you need. The only thing on the bar code is your Disney resort confirmation number. If that didn't change, then those tags are good.

In reality, DME doesn't really care about your arrival flight time - other than to give them a general idea of how many people will arrive each hour. It helps them plan out how many buses and staff they'll need.

Steve

You're fine. The tags you have are all you need. The only thing on the bar code is your Disney resort confirmation number. If that didn't change, then those tags are good.

In reality, DME doesn't really care about your arrival flight time - other than to give them a general idea of how many people will arrive each hour. It helps them plan out how many buses and staff they'll need.

Steve
Thanks!

We'll be using DME in Sept for the first time in several years and was curious approx what the return pick up time is? We have a 4:40 pm flight on a Fri. Is the pickup around 3 hours prior or more like 4? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!