Disney's Parks Chief Bob Chapek Emerges as Strong Contender to Succeed Iger

I'm very nervous about that. Why does Disney need 21st Century Fox Studios anyway? Are they trying to erase Walt Disney's legacy? I hope not.:scared:

I'm very nervous about that. Why does Disney need 21st Century Fox Studios anyway? Are they trying to erase Walt Disney's legacy? I hope not.:scared:
They are not looking to erase the legacy of Walt. Now personally it’s not my favorite acquisition but they seem to be after the films mostly. I think part of it is adding to their library for their upcoming streaming service.

Am I the only one who is sick of Iger? He has finally been starting to figure some things out for the company, but I feel like he is just power hungry at this point. The man should be out already and he caused one of the best executives to leave the company in Staggs. Tom should have been trained by Iger in the media side of things and then taken over, but he just couldn't give up his position.

I think you are too fixated on this concept. Content is king right now for all the new over the top services. This is all about garnering enough content to make Disney's OTT service robust, as well as gathering the regional sports networks to try and bolster ESPN. It has very little to do with anything Walt would have known about. Frankly, we live in a world that Walt would not have been able to imagine in terms of screen based entertainment and how it is delivered. No one who lived in the pre-cable, let alone pre-internet age, can imagine the challenges facing a modern entertainment company. As the world continues to change, Disney will need to continue to evolve to compete. Walt's legacy, such as it still exists, is in the classic characters and family friendly, immersive theme parks he created. Those characters and parks will continue to evolve, but their roots will always be Walt's legacy.

I think you are too fixated on this concept. Content is king right now for all the new over the top services. This is all about garnering enough content to make Disney's OTT service robust, as well as gathering the regional sports networks to try and bolster ESPN. It has very little to do with anything Walt would have known about. Frankly, we live in a world that Walt would not have been able to imagine in terms of screen based entertainment and how it is delivered. No one who lived in the pre-cable, let alone pre-internet age, can imagine the challenges facing a modern entertainment company. As the world continues to change, Disney will need to continue to evolve to compete. Walt's legacy, such as it still exists, is in the classic characters and family friendly, immersive theme parks he created. Those characters and parks will continue to evolve, but their roots will always be Walt's legacy.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!