Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the Poly bungalows... trying to decide between a few villa options at different resorts.

In the queen room in the bungalow, can a pack n play fit when the Murphy bed is also in use?

The bedroom seems pretty tight based on video tours but I can’t quite tell. We are trying to avoid having anyone sleep in the living room.

We just came from our very first stay at the Poly and yes we stayed in a Bungalow. Wow, are they nice. To answer your question, yes there is room for a Pack n Play.

Hi guys!

Me and my fiancé (from Norway and Iceland respectively) are coming in jan/feb for our first trip as DVC members (yay!). We're staying for 18 days, split between savannah view at Jambo and Lake view at Poly. How do you get to give requests about rooms, and what should I be requesting based on your experiences?

:thanks:

Magnus // recent DVC member from Norway // Next trip will be on from January 30th to February 17th 2018!

Officially booked! Nov 24-Dec 1, 2018 in a standard room, for our 6th stay at the Poly. Heads up - DO call if the room category you want isn't available for your length of stay but does appear to be available for the individual nights. And DO question then if they say not available. Over the last month or so, I've played around with different date combos, single dates, etc. and it was clear standard rooms were available for each night of our stay. But would not let me book that 7 night package. Called and he saw the same thing. Offered lagoon view, theme park view or club level. I had to tell him it appeared there were standard rooms available. He did the same thing, played around with the dates and could see the same. He booked them separately on a courtesy hold and then put me on hold to talk to guest services. Phone wait was 38 minutes but he tried chat and within 10 minutes, was able to book the whole 7 night package. I have no idea why Disney does that, and he didn't really either. Said it didn't make sense since it is just a regular rate, no discounts, etc. I have a feeling it has to do with rate changes or trying to not have rooms open for 1 night in between longer stays or something. Either way- Call and see what's up if something doesn't look right!

I just booked Poly for March 9-14 after learning that the GF Beach Pool was going to be closed for the duration of our trip. We're all so excited! Poly was our first choice anyway, but we originally went with GF because it was a little less expensive for our dates. The savings was NOT worth it without a pool with a water slide though! My six-year-old is delighted to be staying at the "Lilo and Stitch hotel" with the "volcano" pool!

The only available room category was the new "Pool or Marina" view, and I'm not sure what building to request since TP doesn't have the photos of the new category yet. I know this might be tricky given the pool view category, but we'd like a room that's not too noisy and that has a balcony. Any suggestions for what building to request? TIA!

Hi guys!

Me and my fiancé (from Norway and Iceland respectively) are coming in jan/feb for our first trip as DVC members (yay!). We're staying for 18 days, split between savannah view at Jambo and Lake view at Poly. How do you get to give requests about rooms, and what should I be requesting based on your experiences?
We stayed on the 3rd floor of Moorea with the Lake View and LOVED IT. Great view of the fireworks and the Water Pageant. I requested an Upper Floor, then called and asked specifically for the 3rd floor.

We had a lockout too. Maybe that's the issue? We could hear every word coming from next door (the other side of the lockout). It was a little weird, and we made sure we were extra quiet since we were pretty certain it worked both ways. But the real problem was the mornings. We are normally up at the crack of dawn, so maybe we wouldn't typically notice, but this was a more relaxed weekend for us. Both mornings around 6 AM we could hear what seemed like everyone in the hallways making their entire day's plans. They were so loud, it sounded like they were in our room. I even got up to make sure somehow our door wasn't open. They were definitely not whispering, but I still don't think we should have been able to hear them so clearly. That building has to be older, and perhaps that is the real issue. Next time, if we stay in that building, I'll definitely request to not have a lockout room, and will probably have to peek my head into the hallway and tell people to move it along....

But that IPA in the lounge was pretty awesome...
I am definitely asking for a non-connecting room my next trip!

The Pool view rooms are Samoa and Fiji. Either is nice. I would just emphasize patio or balcony and see where you land.

Niue and Rarotonga also have rooms that face a pool. Do we know those aren't included in the marina/pool view category?

Either way, I agree that with this room category, I'd just focus my request on patio or balcony.

Hi guys!

:thanks:

Magnus // recent DVC member from Norway // Next trip will be on from January 30th to February 17th 2018!

Sounds like an amazing trip! For room requests I always use the contact form on the DVC Member website to send in my request. Make sure to include your reservation number. It always takes some days, but you will get back a reply confirming that they added the requests.

My family and I just booked a theme park view room for September. It'll be our first time at the Poly and we are so excited! My parents are coming with too, and my father wants to do the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Is it as good as it seems?

I love SOA! I've been twice, it's been a couple of years so I'm thinking we may do it again next year when we stay at Poly over Labor Day.

I just booked Poly for March 9-14 after learning that the GF Beach Pool was going to be closed for the duration of our trip. We're all so excited! Poly was our first choice anyway, but we originally went with GF because it was a little less expensive for our dates. The savings was NOT worth it without a pool with a water slide though! My six-year-old is delighted to be staying at the "Lilo and Stitch hotel" with the "volcano" pool

Glad you were able to switch due to the GF pool closure. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

My family and I just booked a theme park view room for September. It'll be our first time at the Poly and we are so excited! My parents are coming with too, and my father wants to do the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. Is it as good as it seems?

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! It's been awhile since we've done SoA, but we enjoyed it as we found the food very good and the show cute. Hope you have a great trip :).

I did SoA in August and it's a super fun show. I enjoy the food (especially the chicken...) and the 2nd half of the show with the traditional island dancing is incredible. FWIW, I recommend the later show - 8:15, I think - over the earlier one.

Is there typically a meet and greet for Lilo and Stitch around Christmas time? Does anyone know any details from previous years? I thought I saw something a while back. We will be there the week after Thanksgiving this year and I'm trying to decide if I should cancel our Ohana breakfast and replace with another character breakfast. Not a fan of the new ham and pineapple dish and Stitch not going around to the table anymore so if we could see them another way I might cancel.

I can’t believe after two years of planning and three years since our last trip, we leave for Disney tomorrow afternoon!!! We are driving so plan to stop at the Florida border tomorrow night. By noon on Saturday I plan to be drinking a lapu lapu in our oasis patio while watching my kids play in the pool:yay:! I couldn’t be more excited for our first Poly stay!

Is there typically a meet and greet for Lilo and Stitch around Christmas time? Does anyone know any details from previous years? I thought I saw something a while back. We will be there the week after Thanksgiving this year and I'm trying to decide if I should cancel our Ohana breakfast and replace with another character breakfast. Not a fan of the new ham and pineapple dish and Stitch not going around to the table anymore so if we could see them another way I might cancel.
I believe the resorts only have characters in the few days leading up to Christmas. I don't recall ever hearing about regular M&Gs any earlier in the season than that. We were there the week after thanksgiving in 2015 and there definitely weren't that year.

Niue and Rarotonga also have rooms that face a pool. Do we know those aren't included in the marina/pool view category?

Either way, I agree that with this room category, I'd just focus my request on patio or balcony.

Since the built the Oasis Grill/Bar area, I can't imagine that they would call Niue or Rarotonga pool view because all you can see is the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter