Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks tNolan and jenn for directions. I hadn’t entered the hotel information yet so I didn’t see the request room button.
One other question is standard view on tp the room type standard room/deluxe studio?
That seems to be all they are offering in the list, but I think ordinary standard view is something like, standard view/2 queen beds. Which of course is not on the list. Pretty sure deluxe studio is a bit higher on the price list than just standard view. Maybe someone more experienced on here can help!

Does the Polynesian have connecting rooms? We really need two connecting rooms, not just adjoining for our upcoming stay and as I have started searching online, I'm mainly seeing info about adjoining rooms. If so, do you know of a site that will show me which rooms are connecting? Thanks!

Does the Polynesian have connecting rooms? We really need two connecting rooms, not just adjoining for our upcoming stay and as I have started searching online, I'm mainly seeing info about adjoining rooms. If so, do you know of a site that will show me which rooms are connecting? Thanks!
http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/ and click on longhouses. They will have floor plans that show connecting and non connecting rooms.

We really need two connecting rooms, not just adjoining for our upcoming stay

Keep in mind that you can request connecting rooms but they are not guaranteed from what I was told in making my reservation. I don't know how successful people have been in getting their request for connecting rooms but as you can see from the floor plans there are quite a few.

How does the Poly club level compare to main building GF club level?
Ive stayed Poly CL and SL CL so not main building but...

The ambiance is way more relaxed at Poly and the view from the lounge is incredible.. That being said I liked the food a little better at SL CL. I enjoyed the food at Poly CL but felt there was a bigger variety at SL CL
I still would choose Poly over GF just for that amazing view and relaxing ambiance

Thanks tNolan and jenn for directions. I hadn’t entered the hotel information yet so I didn’t see the request room button.
One other question is standard view on tp the room type standard room/deluxe studio?

That seems to be all they are offering in the list, but I think ordinary standard view is something like, standard view/2 queen beds. Which of course is not on the list. Pretty sure deluxe studio is a bit higher on the price list than just standard view. Maybe someone more experienced on here can help!

Disney changed the room categories that are available to book at the Poly recently (read back a few pages in this thread for more info). Touring Plans has not updated their room categories to match Disney's new categories. The closest option to "standard" on the TP room finder will be "garden view", but keep in mind some of those rooms (especially those with the more desirable views) have been recently reclassified by Disney. Don't look at the standard view deluxe studios unless you have reserved a DVC studio as it won't be helpful in making your room request.

I always suggest deleting everything about location in the touring plans form and explaining in plain English what you want. For example, touring plans will fill in something really hard to decipher like "3rd floor, NE facing room like 3167, 3165, 3163, 3161" but if the room assigner at the Poly doesn't have one of those rooms to give you, they won't know what you liked about that room. So I would encourage you to delete all that and write something like "we would love a view of the monorail" or "we would really like to have a balcony/patio" or "we would really love a room close to the grand ceremonial house" - whatever it is that's important to you. Just make sure what you ask for is available in the category you booked - so, for example, if you did not book a club level room, don't ask for Hawaii building as they probably won't be able to do that for you (unless they just happen to have a lot of pixie dust on hand).

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Just curious what the success rate is of a room request via Touring Plans? I have a subscription but have never tried it. We booked via an agency - will it complicate things if I put in a request via TP?
Also, how far in advance should you submit your request via TP?

Last edited:

Just curious what the success rate is of a room request via Touring Plans? I have a subscription but have never tried it. We booked via an agency - will it complicate things if I put in a request via TP?
I don't have a lot of experience with this but I can tell you what happened when we used it. I put in my request and wrote a note in the area about wanting a room with a king bed and not needing to be close to our second reservation because they were adults. I even stated the most important thing for us was a king bed. I also wanted a high floor, ninth or higher. We were staying at the Contemporary tower with DH and I in one room and DD and friend in another. What we got were connecting rooms on the eighth floor with two queen beds. So we didn't get anything we asked for.

As far as when to put in your request it is about 2 weeks before you leave. You can do it sooner but that is what TP recommends on their site. If you go to your dashboard on their site there is a list on the left hand side of the page. It gives you a checklist with dates of when you should be booking things before your trip and other tips. I hope that helps. I personally don't think their room request works any better than calling a CM and telling them over the phone. I don't plan on using it this trip.

Keep in mind that you can request connecting rooms but they are not guaranteed from what I was told in making my reservation. I don't know how successful people have been in getting their request for connecting rooms but as you can see from the floor plans there are quite a few.
I know. It won't be make or break if we don't get them connecting, but the logistics of everything would be a 1000X easier! Hoping for some of that disney magic!

We got our requests honored about 80% of the time using touring plans room fax. Sometimes they just don't have the ability to place you where you ask, but you can always visit the front desk to ask about the possibility of moving if you get assigned a room that won't work for you. It never hurts to ask the worst they can do is simply not honor it!

Some of the TA discount rooms are in blocks of "undesirable" areas of rooms (based on what I heard on a podcast unaffiliated with this site), so you may just focus on the basics (no second floor, no connecting room, etc)

Morning.
Staying cl at the Poly the last week in August. I think we will be taking advantage of the extra f passes.

Suggestions please!
We will do 4 days of parks. Originally we were going to skip HS, but since my daughter saw it on GMA yesterday I guess we should do TSL.

So you can only do extra fast passes on 3 days correct? Can you do 4 days of 6 f passes.
So which 3 parks do you think it would be beneficial for?

We are doing MK, Epcot, HS and Animal Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!
Hopefully you are getting some help in the other thread, but wanted to mention that you can get the extra FPs for as many days of your trip as you’d like - 3 is just the minimum. If you have park hoppers, you’ll be able to book your FPs in different parks, so you can FP the new TSL stuff multiple days as well. Since you’ll have a 30 day jump on everyone, you should have no trouble getting them in any (or every!) day of your trip!

Can anybody give me any info about renting a cabana at the Oasis pool? How much is it for the day? What is provided? Is there waitstaff to order food and drinks? How do you make reservations? Do you think it is worth it?

We are checking out on July 26th, but we decided to have a pool day and leave in the evening. I thought it would be nice to have a "home base" since we will be checked out of our room. Any thoughts?

Can anybody give me any info about renting a cabana at the Oasis pool? How much is it for the day? What is provided? Is there waitstaff to order food and drinks? How do you make reservations? Do you think it is worth it?

We are checking out on July 26th, but we decided to have a pool day and leave in the evening. I thought it would be nice to have a "home base" since we will be checked out of our room. Any thoughts?

Hi. I can help with some of your Q's:
  • Disney calls these "Polynesian Poolside Patios"
  • You can rent full day (10AM-7PM) or half day (10AM-2PM or 3PM-7PM)
  • Rates change seasonally and I can't find what I paid back in the fall, hopefully someone else knows (like maybe $70 for the day?)
  • I consider these "no frills" cabanas - it doesn't come with anything but chairs and a shelter (which depending on the time of day may not provide that much shade)
  • You can order food/beverage from the attendant walking around the Oasis Pool, but the attendant is not specifically dedicated to the Patios
  • Reservations can be made by calling: 407-WDW-PLAY
Here are some photos for reference. Hope this helps!

IMG_9632.JPG

IMG_9633.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG

Oasis Cabanas.JPG

Hi. I can help with some of your Q's:
  • Disney calls these "Polynesian Poolside Patios"
  • You can rent full day (10AM-7PM) or half day (10AM-2PM or 3PM-7PM)
  • Rates change seasonally and I can't find what I paid back in the fall, hopefully someone else knows (like maybe $70 for the day?)
  • I consider these "no frills" cabanas - it doesn't come with anything but chairs and a shelter (which depending on the time of day may not provide that much shade)
  • You can order food/beverage from the attendant walking around the Oasis Pool, but the attendant is not specifically dedicated to the Patios
  • Reservations can be made by calling: 407-WDW-PLAY
Here are some photos for reference. Hope this helps!

View attachment 303470

View attachment 303471
View attachment 303472

View attachment 303473
Thank you so much! That is very helpful, and the photos are really beautiful! I will consult with the fam.

One more question, How far in advance would you recommend reserving a Polynesian Poolside Patio?

One more question, How far in advance would you recommend reserving a Polynesian Poolside Patio?

If I'm not mistaken they can be booked 180 days out. I'd probably go ahead and book just to be sure.....there are only three of them, so they could easily book quickly.

FWIW, we've done these on a check-out day like you're considering and it worked well.

Also, you do have to pay up front but there is a one day cancellation policy with a full refund.

If I'm not mistaken they can be booked 180 days out. I'd probably go ahead and book just to be sure.....there are only three of them, so they could easily book quickly.

FWIW, we've done these on a check-out day like you're considering and it worked well.

Also, you do have to pay up front but there is a one day cancellation policy with a full refund.
That sounds great. I think we might do a half-day, 10-2. I could relax by the pool all day, but I could see the rest of my family getting bored after a while and wanting to move on and do some shopping before we hit the road. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter