Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I can help with some of your Q's:
  • Disney calls these "Polynesian Poolside Patios"
  • You can rent full day (10AM-7PM) or half day (10AM-2PM or 3PM-7PM)
  • Rates change seasonally and I can't find what I paid back in the fall, hopefully someone else knows (like maybe $70 for the day?)

I just booked one (like last week) for 6/2/18 and it was available so it seems they're not *super* popular. It was around $76 for the full day. I am doing this to ensure we will have a great time at the pool - I need shade but my partner is practically a reptile with how much he loves the sun. This way we can both be at the pool all day! Totally worth it in my opinion.

Add me to a Poly stay! After booking three different resorts, I finally made the decision and cancelled the two others (CR and AKL). This will be our family’s first trip to WDW. We live in CA and are DL “vets” I suppose. I will going to WDW in April for a work conference so not too fun but at least I’ll get an idea of the area before we go as a family.

My family will be staying November 26-December 2nd Club Level at the Polynesian. We did end up signing up for Disney dining plan. We hope to attend a MVMCP while we’re there! Soooooooo excited!!

Add me to a Poly stay! After booking three different resorts, I finally made the decision and cancelled the two others (CR and AKL). This will be our family’s first trip to WDW. We live in CA and are DL “vets” I suppose. I will going to WDW in April for a work conference so not too fun but at least I’ll get an idea of the area before we go as a family.

My family will be staying November 26-December 2nd Club Level at the Polynesian. We did end up signing up for Disney dining plan. We hope to attend a MVMCP while we’re there! Soooooooo excited!!

The Poly is an amazing resort, you will love it! Have fun with all the planning :goodvibes.

I know you go through security screening (either boarding the Monorail or at TTC if you walk) to get on the Monorail to EPCOT. Do you go through a second screening to enter EPCOT still?

We were there in November and the Monorail still dumped into the bus/car entry area for a second security screening.

Thanks!

I know you go through security screening (either boarding the Monorail or at TTC if you walk) to get on the Monorail to EPCOT. Do you go through a second screening to enter EPCOT still?

We were there in November and the Monorail still dumped into the bus/car entry area for a second security screening.

Thanks!

We were there in January and, yes, we went through a second screening at Epcot.

Thanks!

Yes, unfortunately the trip to Epcot via Monorail requires a double screening. I’ve made it a point to go bagless to Epcot so I don’t have to mess with that security line, which at times can be pretty long (especially in the AM).

We were there in January and, yes, we went through a second screening at Epcot.

Yes, unfortunately the trip to Epcot via Monorail requires a double screening. I’ve made it a point to go bagless to Epcot so I don’t have to mess with that security line, which at times can be pretty long (especially in the AM).

Thanks! I was originally told the implementation would eventually separate the Monorail from unscreened others but I’m guessing it is what it’s going to be at this point.

We will be staying in a Lake View Villa in April.

Thanks! I was originally told the implementation would eventually separate the Monorail from unscreened others but I’m guessing it is what it’s going to be at this point.

We will be staying in a Lake View Villa in April.

Yeah, I would LOVE to see that happen, but Disney doesn’t seem to want to reconfigure that area to make it happen. It is an odd mix of paths right there and it must be more than they want to mess with, I suspect.

I keep hoping a more substantial entrance plaza redesign is in the works for the Epcot changes coming down the road.

We will be there this same time! It will be our first Poly stay too.

Hate to even ask this it's been discussed so much...but I'm still not clear to me on how much is ok to put in a TP room request in an effort to keep it simple.

We'll be CL GV in Hawaii. Our strongest request is a ground floor room. But...coming in a close second are rooms more in the middle of the building so as not to have the end "landscaped" areas right off the patio - it's especially thick near the lounge. Middle room numbers (if Tikiman's floor plan is up to date) would be 1522-1531.

But tied for a close second is we don't want an accessible room due to the shower clean up involved.

When I phoned in my resort reservation, I asked for ground floor as my only request. So suggestions on how to word the additional requests in the "box that comes up on TP? Their example shows:
Bldg Hawaii,Flr 1,S-facing room.Exmple:1523,1524,1525,1526,1527,1528

In the comment box below should I put "NOT an accessible room"? I read somewhere that you shouldn't write what you DON'T want to avoid confusion but I have no idea what to call a non-accessible room so say what I DO want. I feel as soon as the assignor sees the word accessible, then that's what we'll get.

Suggestions appreciated - thanks.

Hello! We have been to Disney numerous times, but never stayed at the Poly. Is there a booking category that can guarantee me a balcony? We would like to have two connecting rooms with my dad, but a balcony is a must for him. Thanks for any Information!

"Hello! We have been to Disney numerous times, but never stayed at the Poly. Is there a booking category that can guarantee me a balcony? We would like to have two connecting rooms with my dad, but a balcony is a must for him. Thanks for any Information!"

For guaranteed balconies (or a patio) and an almost 100% guarantee that you will have connecting rooms , go for the DVC studios. Either rent points way ahead of time or through Disney direct (HINT - renting points is a lot cheaper !) All studios have balconies (or a patio) ,and all the studios connect to each other in groups of 2 . It would be almost impossible for them to over look the request for connecting rooms . Thats how they were built .

We will be there next week in a studio with our DVC points. We have stayed in most of the Poly longhouses , and we like the studios the best ! (well except for maybe the Hawaii CL building , lol ) .

Last edited:
"Hello! We have been to Disney numerous times, but never stayed at the Poly. Is there a booking category that can guarantee me a balcony? We would like to have two connecting rooms with my dad, but a balcony is a must for him. Thanks for any Information!"

For guaranteed balconies (or a patio) and an almost 100% guarantee that you will have connecting rooms , go for the DVC studios. Either rent points way ahead of time or via cash (renting points is a lot cheaper !) All studios have balconies (or a patio) ,and all the studios connect o each other in groups of 2 . It would be almost impossible for them to over look the request for connecting rooms . Thats how they were built .
Thanks so much for the reply, I appreciate it!

Hate to even ask this it's been discussed so much...but I'm still not clear to me on how much is ok to put in a TP room request in an effort to keep it simple.

We'll be CL GV in Hawaii. Our strongest request is a ground floor room. But...coming in a close second are rooms more in the middle of the building so as not to have the end "landscaped" areas right off the patio - it's especially thick near the lounge. Middle room numbers (if Tikiman's floor plan is up to date) would be 1522-1531.

But tied for a close second is we don't want an accessible room due to the shower clean up involved.

When I phoned in my resort reservation, I asked for ground floor as my only request. So suggestions on how to word the additional requests in the "box that comes up on TP? Their example shows:
Bldg Hawaii,Flr 1,S-facing room.Exmple:1523,1524,1525,1526,1527,1528

In the comment box below should I put "NOT an accessible room"? I read somewhere that you shouldn't write what you DON'T want to avoid confusion but I have no idea what to call a non-accessible room so say what I DO want. I feel as soon as the assignor sees the word accessible, then that's what we'll get.

Suggestions appreciated - thanks.

I would ask this in the CL thread too, but my gut reaction is to send your request to the CL cast and don't fool with touring plans for this stay. Maybe my faith is misplaced but I feel like CL cast are much more used to getting very specific requests like this. Also if you are looking for a shower/tub combo instead of the accessible bathroom (honestly I didn't look into this issue so I don't know if the accessible leaking shower problem baths also have a tub) I would say "requesting a room with a tub" versus "not accessible" for the reasons you mentioned.

In general I delete everything out of the top box ("Bldg Hawaii,Flr 1,S-facing room.Exmple:1523,1524,1525,1526,1527,1528") and write in something like "first floor, middle of hall, with bathtub" and then in the second box explain what I want "we really love to enjoy our patio or balcony and would really like one overlooking the landscaping. We are celebrating our first (anniversary, CL stay, visit to the poly, whatever) and would love any pixie dust you can provide. Thank you so much"

I hope your requests are honored!!

Hubby and I are a little nervous all of our past Poly stays were CL this will be our first experience non CL and in DVC...
Im sure it will be fine tho... CL definitely spoils you but Im trying to remind myself hey at least you saved tons of money...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter