Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the bathrooms have shower curtains? Im thinking of bringing my portable grab handle since Im afraid of slipping. A shower door would be better but I dont think they have those.

We just loved the kona cafe coffee. I wish they were open earlier. I would have happily eaten there every morning except that a 7:3p breakfast doesn’t work well with early extra magic hours.
For general knowledge, keep in mind that unless they changed it, Kona Cafe is reservation only. We were turned away last Nov for not having one, they said no exceptions.

If we have a magic your way package (with magic bands and park hopper) is there any reason we would have to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center? Won't we be getting on the monorail from inside the GCH each day (and dropped off there at night)? And just walking to the lagoon to hop on the boat?

We always request Rarotonga and have found that walking to the TTC to get on the Epcot Monorail is much more efficient that going into the GCH to catch it and then changing at the TTC.

We just loved the kona cafe coffee. I wish they were open earlier. I would have happily eaten there every morning except that a 7:3p breakfast doesn’t work well with early extra magic hours.

Have you tried Kona Island, the to go counter next to Kona Cafe? They have Kona blend coffee and the same pressed pot for two on their menu (not sure how that works as a to go item...) along with other coffee drinks (cappuccino, macchiato, etc) and they open at 6:30

Aloha everyone!! :wave2:

I've seen online that the Polynesian has some new resort logo merchandise. Have any of you seen this ceramic coffee mug at the resort lately? Have any of you purchased one of these? Do you still have the sticker on the bottom with the SKU #? Mahalo, in advance! :sunny:

View attachment 350356
Here now, I’ll try to remember to take a look in shops tomorrow!

I have a question regarding checking in and getting access to your room at Poly. This will be our first time staying there, we are planning to do online check-in and receive our magic bands prior to our arrival. We will be arriving the day before (driving) staying off site and then planning to go directly to HS in the morning and will be there until close. Since we will do online check in, will we get a text during the day that our room is ready? Or should we make plans to go to the Poly first thing in the morning to let them know we are here? This is our only day we have allotted for HS for our trip, so I want to make sure we use all our available time. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone! We leave for the poly in only 4 more days!! We cant wait!! THis morning, touring plans faxed our room request but it said that it failed. ANy idea on why or what I can do? Thank you so much!!

I can't answer as to why the fax failed, but your room is most likely already assigned, so calling now with a request wouldn't do much good. However, if you are assigned a room that you don't care for, you can always ask if a different room is available. It's no guarantee a change can/will be made, but it never hurts to ask. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

I have a question regarding checking in and getting access to your room at Poly. This will be our first time staying there, we are planning to do online check-in and receive our magic bands prior to our arrival. We will be arriving the day before (driving) staying off site and then planning to go directly to HS in the morning and will be there until close. Since we will do online check in, will we get a text during the day that our room is ready? Or should we make plans to go to the Poly first thing in the morning to let them know we are here? This is our only day we have allotted for HS for our trip, so I want to make sure we use all our available time. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Yes, you should receive a room ready text. Hope you have a great trip :).

If everything works as it should, yes, you’ll get a text when your room is ready, you can go straight to your room when you get back from HS, and your magic bands will open the door. I will note, however, that there have been times we didn’t get a text, or got a text saying see the front desk, or had bands that wouldn’t open our door. I wouldn’t let any of that stop you from enjoying your day at HS, but just know that you may still need to stop in the lobby when you get back. Enjoy!

Have you tried Kona Island, the to go counter next to Kona Cafe? They have Kona blend coffee and the same pressed pot for two on their menu (not sure how that works as a to go item...) along with other coffee drinks (cappuccino, macchiato, etc) and they open at 6:30
Ah! I didn't realize they opened at 6:30. Are you sure? Maybe they just weren't busy then? I wish they had the option for real coffee cups with their coffee though. But the coffee there was great. We would go there in the afternoon if we needed an afternoon coffee.

I've been checking every day for months for a Poly reservation to open up for our exact dates and this morning I woke up to a pleasant surprise! A pool or marina view room was available so I grabbed it but now I'm not really sure what to do for a room request. Other than requesting to NOT be in the Fiji building, is there much of a difference for the other 3 buildings (in our room category) if we want to be as close to the TTC as possible?

I've been checking every day for months for a Poly reservation to open up for our exact dates and this morning I woke up to a pleasant surprise! A pool or marina view room was available so I grabbed it but now I'm not really sure what to do for a room request. Other than requesting to NOT be in the Fiji building, is there much of a difference for the other 3 buildings (in our room category) if we want to be as close to the TTC as possible?

I also have a pool/marina view for late November and am deciding what to request. I was told at the time of booking that our room would be in either Fiji or Samoa. Why not Fiji? What other buildings are included in the pool/marina category?

I also have a pool/marina view for late November and am deciding what to request. I was told at the time of booking that our room would be in either Fiji or Samoa. Why not Fiji? What other buildings are included in the pool/marina category?

According to the touring plans room map, it looks like with the pool or marina category we could be put into Fiji, Samoa, Niue, or Rarotonga buildings. Our personal preference would be close as possible to the TTC walkway which is to the far east side of the resort. Fiji is the furthest west and is the only building of the 4 on the western side of the marina. I'm really hoping I can avoid Fiji but I wasn't sure if there's a reason to request any of the others specifically. I guess an eastern side room of the Rarotonga would probably be the closest we can get to the TTC in our room category but I'm not sure it would save much time over the other buildings. Fiji is the only one that really looks out of the way for me.

Does Instacart deliver to the resorts? We’re mulling over the various grocery options and was curious how it compares to something like Prime Now. Do they drop the items off at Bell Services?

I just booked a "1 bedroom suite - club level" at the Polynesian through the Disney website, which says the room has 2 queen beds and a daybed. I am trying to figure out what they mean by "daybed" in their description. On Tikiman's website, they show a regular couch and a chair that pulls out into a bed http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/images/stories/tonga/P1__2Q_1Daybed.jpg, but every other media I have seen, it seems likes the "daybed" is just a pull-out couch and a normal chair. Does anyone have any experience in a 1 bedroom suite at the Poly? Thanks to all for any info, and sorry if this has been asked before!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter