Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just checked out of BWI and did not receive a bill. I can view our charges and room bill through the app but can’t save the info. This was the same on our last trip too.

Might not be needed, but you should be able to screenshot in the app and save it that way.

Just wanted to post that I have 60 days until we check in! Did our fast passes this morning and got everything that we wanted, including Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash! Sooo looking forward to our trip!! Hope everyone there now is having a wonderful time!
That’s awesome!! My 60 day is 4/10! Hopefully, we’ll have great FP luck like you!

Does anyone have current experience with the cabanas that can be rented at the Oasis pool? Wondering about how many chairs/loungers are included and how much shade they really offer.

That’s awesome!! My 60 day is 4/10! Hopefully, we’ll have great FP luck like you!
They made lots of changes recently on booking passes and it seems to have helped. I got all my FP's for Memorial Weekend.

I did start with my last day and worked towards the first day. My first day was MK and I didn't really care. I would start with day of sdd or fop depending on which is your favorite then do the next fav and so on. That will give you best shot to get the ride on the day you had planned.

Also have a backup plan in case one of the headlines not available on the day you had that park in case you need to switch things up.

I would call and reserve the cabana asap, depending on the time you go they are often booked well in advance. The cabana's at the Oasis pool are comfortable and offer nice shade while having a ceiling fan to help move the air around you. As it is close to the bar area you can get service (if they are still trialing that out) and a server will come over to you to order. The loungers and towels are great. We do it for the full day for a pool day, it makes it a really great way to relax, get out of the sun but without having to leave and go inside.

Defo give them a call and check availability during your dates to make sure though!

Thanks for the postive review. We have booked this for our stay in late Augreally looking forward to a lazy pool day!

Can't wait for our first stay at the Polynesian! My fiance and I have always dreamed of staying here, and now we finally will be able to for our honeymoon in June! Almost 60 days out, and I'll have to admit that Disney planning is much more fun than wedding planning haha :smickey:

Can't wait for our first stay at the Polynesian! My fiance and I have always dreamed of staying here, and now we finally will be able to for our honeymoon in June! Almost 60 days out, and I'll have to admit that Disney planning is much more fun than wedding planning haha :smickey:

An early congratulations to you!

And :welcome: to the DIS!

After solely staying at the BWV the past 11 years my wife and I are looking forward to staying at the Poly for the first time in September. Reading this thread is getting me more excited about it!!

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Well it’s not the best weather for a pool day, but we’re finally here! Yay! And we got our pick of whatever pool chairs we wanted :laughing:

View attachment 392045

Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

We just got back last night from POLY. Do NOT miss Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (21+ fun). We only discovered it on our last night.

Hope you had a great time :).

Just wanted to post that I have 60 days until we check in! Did our fast passes this morning and got everything that we wanted, including Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash! Sooo looking forward to our trip!! Hope everyone there now is having a wonderful time!

Congrats on getting all the FPs you wanted! Hope the next 60 days go fast for you :flower:.

My 60 day is 4/10! Hopefully, we’ll have great FP luck like you!

Good luck, hope you get everything you want pixiedust:.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding/honeymoon! The Poly is a great resort for a honeymoon, IMO. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Hope you had a great time :).

Congrats on getting all the FPs you wanted! Hope the next 60 days go fast for you :flower:.

Good luck, hope you get everything you want pixiedust:.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding/honeymoon! The Poly is a great resort for a honeymoon, IMO. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you! Having a great time so far! :goodvibes

Since there has been so much cabana discussion recently, I wanted to let you all know...
We are going for 8 nights and staying at the Poly the whole trip June 30-July 8 (First time, soooooo excited)
Anyways, our trip is much more leisure based, since I will be almost 8 months pregnant and we will have our 16 month old. We decided we wanted to do 3 full cabana days and wanted to do one at each resort we could: Poly, CR, GF.
The Contemporary had the most availability with 4 days our trip. Poly only had 2 full days and GF only had 3 days all of them being 1/2 days. They didn't have a full day any day of our trip. My advice is to book early if you are planning on doing one. They require payment up front but you can cancel up to one day before.
Both Poly and GF said we HAD to check in at 9:45 am. CR said we could check in whenever we wanted. If you have any other questions, let me know. Ours were definitely towards the top of the pricing - I am sure due to the holiday week and summer.

Now that we are 59 days out (and counting!), I wonder if anyone has an opinion on if it is better to check in online ahead of time or to plan to do it once you arrive at the Poly? We are going to be arriving at MCO around 11:30am and plan on taking Magical Express. We'd like to be in Magic Kingdom around 3:00 pm, so we aren't really on a time crunch---wasn't sure if there was a difference between the two options.

Since there has been so much cabana discussion recently, I wanted to let you all know...
We are going for 8 nights and staying at the Poly the whole trip June 30-July 8 (First time, soooooo excited)
Anyways, our trip is much more leisure based, since I will be almost 8 months pregnant and we will have our 16 month old. We decided we wanted to do 3 full cabana days and wanted to do one at each resort we could: Poly, CR, GF.
The Contemporary had the most availability with 4 days our trip. Poly only had 2 full days and GF only had 3 days all of them being 1/2 days. They didn't have a full day any day of our trip. My advice is to book early if you are planning on doing one. They require payment up front but you can cancel up to one day before.
Both Poly and GF said we HAD to check in at 9:45 am. CR said we could check in whenever we wanted. If you have any other questions, let me know. Ours were definitely towards the top of the pricing - I am sure due to the holiday week and summer.
Good advice! We will be at the Poly June 18-22 and were able to get a full day for 2 of the days at the Poly, but we will be at the GF June 22-27 and could only get 2 half days of cabanas (they did have full days of the patios) there. That end up working well into out plans, but originally I was bummed to not get a full day. I didn't check the days we didn't want, though. I agree, book any days you might want and you can always cancel. We love pool and cabana days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!