Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless something changed since last August, we didn't have to be there by 10:00 a.m. You have reserved/paid for the patio for the day or half day and I don't think they give it away. I would ask the recreation staff onsite.
I can't remember the phone number I called, but I was transferred to the recreation department who handles all cabanas / patios. They are the one who told me to be there 15 minutes prior. I'm not taking a chance, so we will be there at least 15 minutes prior. :earsboy:

@TinkerBellLiz with the Oasis Patio paparazzi photography skills! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:rotfl:

Just for reference, your smartphone won’t open the pool gates! I love the sound it makes opening the door though.

I was taking some pictures of the pool/grounds for my niece who is coming down with us in October. Out of the many I take, I occasionally get one I can blow up and frame. I have to degrade the image to post but here it is!

upload_2019-4-3_21-28-14.jpeg

We’re home! View from our room (which was ready!). Next stop is my DoleWhip...

Edited to add our room still has individual toiletries and no bulk shower stuff yet.

View attachment 392521

Have a great time and enjoy the Poly!! :goodvibes

I was taking some pictures of the pool/grounds for my niece who is coming down with us in October. Out of the many I take, I occasionally get one I can blow up and frame. I have to degrade the image to post but here it is!

View attachment 392548

Beautiful pic....so calm/peaceful looking :cloud9:.

I forgot to add...

I stopped by Recreation to ask about the Pool Patios. ( :wave2: guys if you are reading this!) Once you reserve and pay for it, it’s yours for the time period you reserved whether you show up or not. You’re free to come and go as you want. We won’t be finished with the half marathon and breakfast until after 10 am so I wanted to make sure.

Quick question I’m sure has been answered but I don’t have time to scroll through 800+ pages!!

How long does it take to get from poly to MK via monorail. Trying to figure out what time we should leave for an 8:05 breakfast reservation. Thanks!!

Quick question I’m sure has been answered but I don’t have time to scroll through 800+ pages!!

How long does it take to get from poly to MK via monorail. Trying to figure out what time we should leave for an 8:05 breakfast reservation. Thanks!!
I’d take the first monorail there. Timing varies depending on how long bag check and security lines are and how crowded it is in general. I’d say it usually took us about 20 minutes from the Poly to the MK but then you still have to walk into the park and all.

They made lots of changes recently on booking passes and it seems to have helped. I got all my FP's for Memorial Weekend.

I did start with my last day and worked towards the first day. My first day was MK and I didn't really care. I would start with day of sdd or fop depending on which is your favorite then do the next fav and so on. That will give you best shot to get the ride on the day you had planned.

Also have a backup plan in case one of the headlines not available on the day you had that park in case you need to switch things up.
Thanks!! We are doing the Toy Story Land EMM one day so I won’t need to worry about getting FP for SDD but we’re hoping to ride FOP twice! Will definitely use your advice!

Anyone get lots of little bites or rash like redness on their ankles at the luau? Two in our party did at the luau dinner, including myself. We believe it was sand fleas. No issues anywhere else. Yes, I know these things are all over Florida.

Anyone get lots of little bites or rash like redness on their ankles at the luau? Two in our party did at the luau dinner, including myself. We believe it was sand fleas. No issues anywhere else. Yes, I know these things are all over Florida.

Sounds more like the Disney rash that many get from walking in the parks.

Last edited:

I’ve noticed some tiny black bugs around the resort yesterday and this morning early. I wasn’t bitten but I brushed them off pretty quickly. I haven’t seen any mosquitos so far.

Pool Patio update: we decided after the run to cancel all plans and rest up for the half tomorrow. Dropped by the recreation building by the marina and reserved a patio same day! It’s a relaxing today!

I’ve noticed some tiny black bugs around the resort yesterday and this morning early. I wasn’t bitten but I brushed them off pretty quickly. I haven’t seen any mosquitos so far.

Pool Patio update: we decided after the run to cancel all plans and rest up for the half tomorrow. Dropped by the recreation building by the marina and reserved a patio same day! It’s a relaxing today!
I’m shocked at how often there is same day availability for these, particularly given their low price point and that there are only 3. I know we were able to get a same day half day reservation last time we stayed at the Poly, and I booked 2 full days in June and had no problem with availability (I know that’s not same day, but it’s just over 60 days in full on summer so I was worried about having availability). Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad, just surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter