Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get screen at the Poly resort monorail station and also again at the Epcot entrance security station (an unfortunate byproduct of the way the monorail exit ramp is configured). When you transfer at the TTC, you never leave the security bubble in that area.

Note that the TTC transfer to the Epcot line requires you to go down a ramp, around, and back up another ramp - you can't just "walk across" as you did on your prior trip. The walk up/down doesn't take all that much time - sounds worse than it is in real life - but might want to keep that in mind.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

No problem. Also, probably stating the obvious, but if you don't mind the walk and want to bypass the resort monorail line, you can always just walk over to the TTC. If you do, you'll go through security before entering the TTC grounds. This will generally be quicker than taking the resort monorail and transferring, if you are OK/able to do the walk.

No problem. Also, probably stating the obvious, but if you don't mind the walk and want to bypass the resort monorail line, you can always just walk over to the TTC. If you do, you'll go through security before entering the TTC grounds. This will generally be quicker than taking the resort monorail and transferring, if you are OK/able to do the walk.

This what we did one day last week during our Poly DVC stay. There is construction at the entrance at the TTC but it’s not difficult to do the detour at least during the day. It might be trickier at night if the path to the security line is not well lit. Also, the mid day week day security line at the TTC wasn’t bad. We did have to go through security a second time before entering Epcot, and that line was backed up as I remember.

Snappy, thanks for that update! We are arriving the end of the month and I was wondering if we are still able to walk over to the TTC from Poly.
Can someone refresh my memory, how long of a walk is it to the TTC from Poly? Also wondering if anyone has noticed noise from the construction? Can you hear it from any of the longhouses?

Snappy, thanks for that update! We are arriving the end of the month and I was wondering if we are still able to walk over to the TTC from Poly.
Can someone refresh my memory, how long of a walk is it to the TTC from Poly? Also wondering if anyone has noticed noise from the construction? Can you hear it from any of the longhouses?
You can walk from the TTC to the Poly and vice versa, it isn't far at all. If you are in DVC longhouses it's super close, sometimes closer than the GCH. We didn't hear any construction noise in June, but we weren't on that side of the resort, we were in hawaii. We only saw the construction when walking to the TTC.

Last edited:

Sort of a 5-10’ish min walk depending on where you are coming from, speed you walk, etc. Hard to estimate since Poly is relatively “long” from west to east and you could be on one end or the other, depending on your room/booking type.

I have not stayed in Pago Pago, but I don’t necessarily think I would want to be in a Pago Pago room parking lot facing room at the moment. My perception from what I saw two weeks ago is that you may get some noise from that side. But, major caveat since I wasn’t actually in one of those rooms so don’t take my word as gospel. Pago Pago only applies to DVC points and Villas-cash reservations, it’s not a concern for those staying on the resort side.

Does anyone know if there is still a Polynesian storyteller in the evenings at 8:30? I saw this online a couple of places, but I don't know if they are reputable. I will not be staying at the Polynesian, so I would have to make a trip over to see the storyteller, which I obviously don't want to do if they will not be there! Thanks!

At Poly now. Sorry, isong phone to type. Had pool/ marina view. They had me in Samoa, 3rd floor. I opened balcony and yhe smoke from oasis grill was burning my eyes. I got moved to Fiji, 1st fl. Brought all our bags back to GCH and was detoured through Tonga. Went out to get mug mugs, capt cooks is closed. Detoured to oasis pool for drinks. Going back to room, detoured around main pool. Capt cooks closed. Trader sams and pineapple lanai closed too. Hundreds of non guests sitting in lobby waiting for them to reopen. First hour not so magical :(

At Poly now. Sorry, isong phone to type. Had pool/ marina view. They had me in Samoa, 3rd floor. I opened balcony and yhe smoke from oasis grill was burning my eyes. I got moved to Fiji, 1st fl. Brought all our bags back to GCH and was detoured through Tonga. Went out to get mug mugs, capt cooks is closed. Detoured to oasis pool for drinks. Going back to room, detoured around main pool. Capt cooks closed. Trader sams and pineapple lanai closed too. Hundreds of non guests sitting in lobby waiting for them to reopen. First hour not so magical :(

Uh oh. Is there some kind of outage?

Keep us posted and try to shake it off. I know, it’s harsh when the first hour is not magical.
Sending some pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

Haven't been to GCH since 10pm last night. Still detouring aroung the pool to get to Fiji. Walking over to GF this morning. Monorails not running yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!