Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you still get the Ohana bread pudding from Tambu Lounge? I don’t see it on the menu I looked at online, but I know I’ve gotten it from the lounge before.
Yes

Everything is good at the Poly today. Pool open ( closed due to lightning for a couple hours yesterday. Will close if lightning within 30 miles, even if its sunny at the pool) all dining venues open and monorail running!

Thanks for the replies! We actually do have an ADR for 9:25 but I've been checking for something a little earlier. If they want us to check in 15 minutes early I don't think we would be able to watch the fireworks and make it in time. This is our arrival day and we're spending most of the afternoon in Disney Springs, but have been debating on staying there the whole night and having supper there, or heading to the Poly to see the fireworks and eat at Ohana since we've never done that.
I’ve never heard of having to arrive at an ADR 15-20 minutes early. Generally you have a 15 minute grace period to be late.

Perhaps it takes 15-20 minutes to get seated and that’s what PP was referring to?

We have a trip booked for Jan 25-31. Would love to have a room with a balcony. I need to request 3rd floor correct? Also, does anyone have a pick of the daybed/5th sleeper bed in a regular Poly room?

We have a trip booked for Jan 25-31. Would love to have a room with a balcony. I need to request 3rd floor correct? Also, does anyone have a pick of the daybed/5th sleeper bed in a regular Poly room?
if you google that there lots of pics.

Disney Polynesian day bed.

I tried to post pix but not working... sorry.

Last edited:
We just returned from a 4 night stay in the Tuvalu longhouse. We had a MK view and loved the view of the castle across the lagoon. The EWP came right in front of our room every night. The MK views (non club level) are in Tuvalu and Aotearoa. I honestly think Tuvalu offers the better MK views of the 2 because it sits directly on the water, while Aotearoa is set back and a common pathway and the beach sit between the longhouse and the view. We had a 1st floor patio floor. I didn’t make any requests, but was honestly happy not have gotten 2nd floor. It is a plus to have a patio or balcony. I was very happy overall with our stay. The grounds are impeccable and so beautiful at night. Transportation was on point. Mousekeeping inside the room itself was thorough. No complaints there.

Minor complaints: dirty outside windows (I wanted to get out there and do a quick clean with my cloth and squeegee back home), dirty hallways, and I thought the quick grab selections at Captain Cook’s were way too limited for the size of the hotel. The little side salads with no dressing were sad. The GF quick service used to sell a large Mediterranean salad. Healthy offerings like that would be nice if you just want to grab a quick meal and be stuck with sandwiches with tons of mayo and fries or stand in line to order when you are exhausted. Maybe I missed other grab and go locations in the resort???

My tips:

1) If you have light sleepers in your party, request to not have a NON-connecting room. Noise does not bother us, but I could tell this may be an issue for some people. The walls are very thin between connecting rooms. We had families with small children on both sides of us. We heard nothing from the non connecting room, but could here every melt down and every conversation between our room and the connecting one. I notice on the room maps that there are quite a few connecting rooms in the Polynesian.

2) Don’t bother paying for a MK or lagoon view room if you like to stay at the parks until close. This August the MK hours were shorter other years, and I was rushing to get back to the room to watch the EWP and fireworks from the room I had paid extra for. Check the times of the firework shows before booking and consider the weather when you will be there. We really got wiped out by the summer heat and found ourselves wanting to take mid day breaks and return to the parks after the sun went down. The Polynesian grounds are so beautiful that even the garden view rooms have lovely views.

3) If you get the chance, take the boat back from the MK after dark. It is so relaxing, and the lights from the GF and Poly on the water are magical.

4) The pull out bed was ample for my 6’1’’ 18 year old. Another person can easily sleep here. Just FYI.

Hope this helps someone out there, and everyone with upcoming trips has a wonderful time.

Last edited:

We just returned from a 4 night stay in the Tuvalu longhouse. We had a MK view and loved the view of the castle across the lagoon. The EWP came right in front of our room every night. The MK views (non club level) are in Tuvalu and Aotearoa. I honestly think Tuvalu offers the better MK views of the 2 because it sits directly on the water, while Aotearoa is set back and a common pathway and the beach sit between the longhouse and the view. We had a 1st floor patio floor. I didn’t make any requests, but was honestly happy not have gotten 2nd floor. It is a plus to have a patio or balcony. I was very happy overall with our stay. The grounds are impeccable and so beautiful at night. Transportation was on point. Mousekeeping inside the room itself was thorough. No complaints there.

Minor complaints: dirty outside windows (I wanted to get out there and do a quick clean with my cloth and squeegee back home), dirty hallways, and I thought the quick grab selections at Captain Cook’s were way too limited for the size of the hotel. The little side salads with no dressing were sad. The GF quick service used to sell a large Mediterranean salad. Healthy offerings like that would be nice if you just want to grab a quick meal and be stuck with sandwiches with tons of mayo and fries or stand in line to order when you are exhausted. Maybe I missed other grab and go locations in the resort???

My tips:

1) If you have light sleepers in your party, request to not have a NON-connecting room. Noise does not bother us, but I could tell this may be an issue for some people. The walls are very thin between connecting rooms. We had families with small children on both sides of us. We heard nothing from the non connecting room, but could here every melt down and every conversation between our room and the connecting one. I notice on the room maps that there are quite a few connecting rooms in the Polynesian.

2) Don’t bother paying for a MK or lagoon view room if you like to stay at the parks until close. This August the MK hours were shorter other years, and I was rushing to get back to the room to watch the EWP and fireworks from the room I had paid extra for. Check the times of the firework shows before booking and consider the weather when you will be there. We really got wiped out by the summer heat and found ourselves wanting to take mid day breaks and return to the parks after the sun went down. The Polynesian grounds are so beautiful that even the garden view rooms have lovely views.

3) If you get the chance, take the boat back from the MK after dark. It is so relaxing, and the lights on the beautiful from the GF and Poly are magical.

4) The pull out bed was ample for my 6’1’’ 18 year old. Another person can easily sleep here. Just FYI.

Hope this helps someone out there, and everyone with upcoming trips has a wonderful time.
Awesome review.

Glad you had a great trip.

Not a lot grab n go unfortunately. However I just get salads at the pools or CCs.

For a regular room (not DVC), yes, you would need to request 3rd floor for a balcony. Sometimes requests get overlooked, so if you are assigned a 1st or 2nd floor room, you can ask if something else is available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask ;).

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice trip overall :).

Will be there end of feb 1st week of mar. Have a studio DVC not on the water. Any tips on which building, floor i should request or are all the dvc rooms in 1 building? Renting points so starting with a clean slate..aside from trader Sam's and captain cooks..which I know pretty well from monorail crawls

Hi everyone! Excited to be newly following along on this thread. We have almost 2 weeks at the Poly booked in the Spring (on the villa side). We’re starting to think about what to send to our booking member for room requests. It’s my family (3 kids) and my parents in 2 studios, I think our top priority is probably connecting rooms, do they exist on all DVC buildings and floors?

Also any other tips for first time Poly stays? We’re very familiar with the resort itself and the transportation options having visited so many times over the years but have never stayed there!

Just checked out this morning. :sad:

Had another great stay! I love this place! :love:

We booked a standard room and we were placed right at the end of Rarotonga facing the monorail. Gotta admit, it was not my favourite room location. But you can’t win em all. :) Anyways, I got used to the walk down the red rum hallway to the GCH.:tiptoe: :rotfl:

Loved watching the Electric Light pageant from the docks every night. So peaceful. Everyone else is piled on the beach, but the docks are perfect! We ate at the Tambu Lounge twice. It’s definitely my favourite bar on property. Lunch was at the Oasis bar and grill. We hung out at the Oasis pool morning, noon and night as much as possible.
I could live there. Lol.

Hope to be back next summer! :)

We booked a standard room and we were placed right at the end of Rarotonga facing the monorail. Gotta admit, it was not my favourite room location. But you can’t win em all. :) Anyways, I got used to the walk down the red rum hallway to the GCH.:tiptoe: :rotfl:

Loved watching the Electric Light pageant from the docks every night. So peaceful. Everyone else is piled on the beach, but the docks are perfect! We ate at the Tambu Lounge twice. It’s definitely my favourite bar on property. Lunch was at the Oasis bar and grill. We hung out at the Oasis pool morning, noon and night as much as possible.
I could live there. Lol.

Sounds good. Redrum and all.

I have 11 days !

I could live there. Lol.

My daughter had that room last year. We were across the hallway. She had issues with water getting in her room because people would stand in the doorway and talk when it was raining. It was ridiculous.

Other than that, we loved Raratonga.

My daughter had that room last year. We were across the hallway. She had issues with water getting in her room because people would stand in the doorway and talk when it was raining. It was ridiculous.

Other than that, we loved Raratonga.

Oh no. That’s too bad. We didn’t have any issues with water, but I could see how that could happen since those two rooms are so close to the sliding doors. Every time we walked out of our room to head to the GCH, we opened the sliding door. I kept turning around cause I thought someone was suddenly behind me. :rotfl:

We did find it suprisingly quiet though. I thought many people would cut through to head to the buses. But I feel like nobody ever passed our door. :)

Yes, assuming you are on staying on the resort side and not the DVC side. The villas have balconies on both 2nd and 3rd floor units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter