Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some miscellaneous things:

Not sure how often they do it now, but the torch lighting ceremony is always lovely. The fire dancer from the luau does it.

Get the Twilight Feast!! It’s ‘Ohana dinner as room service. It’s a wonderful treat and something you can only do as a Poly guest.

Most beautiful sunrises and sunsets on property, imo. Take the resort launch to MK at twilight at least once.

Semi-covered patios at the Oasis pool can be booked for a nominal fee. They’re not cabanas per se but are very comfy.

The Grand Floridian is a short and scenic walk away and worth checking out, especially if you’d like to try signature dining, the one thing Poly lacks. Poly guests can also use the fitness facilities there because they’re technically shared.

Twilight feast is really good. Tip: It's a lot of food, for the 3 of you, unless you are big eaters, you could most likely order for just 2. I included a photo of the feast from our trip in November. We would definitely do it again.

Attachments

• PolynesianTwilightFeast.JPG
    PolynesianTwilightFeast.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 82
  • SunriseFrom1916TokelauPolynesianVillas.JPG
    SunriseFrom1916TokelauPolynesianVillas.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 70
I'm so excited. I had put in a request for a DVC room awhile back but wondered if we would get it. When the free dining promo came out I booked at POFQ for dates a week earlier than our preferred dates. I cancelled our DVC request but aparently they didn't get the request to pull me off the waitlist. Well today I got the email that our reservation had been secured. Of course I texted my husband to see what to do and he said "guess we are staying at the Polynesian". Seems like a great day. We get our preferred dates, instead of going during Labor Day and we get to stay in a lovely studio. The trip overall will only cost a few hundred dollars more once I add in food costs.

So tell me about the Polynesian. It will be my husband, myself and our then 18 year old son. Is the fold down bed pretty similar to a twin sized bed? We'd like to use the sofa for sitting. Anything we should know about the resort? Last question how far is the walk to the transportaion center? I'm assuming it's shorter than walking to monorail station at the resort.

Congrats on your request coming through (even though you cancelled it...lol). I can't help with the DVC section as we've only stayed on the regular side, but the Poly overall is a great resort! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I think it’s going to be a perfect resort.

You won't be disappointed :goodvibes.

Congrats on your request coming through (even though you cancelled it...lol). I can't help with the DVC section as we've only stayed on the regular side, but the Poly overall is a great resort! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

You won't be disappointed :goodvibes.

I feel like the universe wanted me to stay there. My son was kind of meh about staying at POFQ, although he was looking forward to the Coke Freestyle machine. But he's really excited about staying at the Poly. He is hoping we get a parking lot view so he can watch the monorail go by. I honestly think it will be a good resort for us because of the ease of going to MK and Epcot which are our preferred parks. We take a lot of breaks as our son is autistic and gets overwhelmed by too much time in the parks. It just really fits the bill.

EandT, thanks for posting the photo! How many servings were in that order of the Twilight Feast? Is that the order for one person?
Yes, that was for one ..... we both had plenty and there were some leftovers that we had the next day. One thing we did forget was to get some ice cream for the bread pudding with caramel sauce ... it was delicious on its own but some vanilla ice cream would have made it even better. Only issue with the ice cream would be that you would have to eat it all as the fridge at the Poly does not have a freezer.

AP-itis struck again and now I booked for the July 4th weekend. AP discount, cheap award flights and the 3 day weekend were too much to resist. I don’t even know if I’ll keep it, literally we’ll have just gone in May lol. But I’m thinking of being sneaky and upgrading gf’s ticket to an AP then as an early birthday surprise and stealing her away for that weekend.

AP-itis struck again and now I booked for the July 4th weekend. AP discount, cheap award flights and the 3 day weekend were too much to resist. I don’t even know if I’ll keep it, literally we’ll have just gone in May lol. But I’m thinking of being sneaky and upgrading gf’s ticket to an AP then as an early birthday surprise and stealing her away for that weekend.

Lol... you’ve caught the bug! :goodvibes

Lol... you’ve caught the bug! :goodvibes

I did...but that’s the curse of living somewhere with cheap, plentiful, and relatively quick flights to MCO. And getting promoted to where I get holidays off again.

It’ll be nice to see the fireworks in person though, instead of live-streaming them at home. I can’t say it out loud here but I prefer Disney’s to the big Macy’s show up here...I hate the terrible pop music they always cram into it. Getting home at the end of the show will also be significantly easier at the Poly, lol.

I feel like the universe wanted me to stay there. My son was kind of meh about staying at POFQ, although he was looking forward to the Coke Freestyle machine. But he's really excited about staying at the Poly. He is hoping we get a parking lot view so he can watch the monorail go by. I honestly think it will be a good resort for us because of the ease of going to MK and Epcot which are our preferred parks. We take a lot of breaks as our son is autistic and gets overwhelmed by too much time in the parks. It just really fits the bill.

Sounds like it will be a great trip :goodvibes.

Yeah those APs will get you....lol. DH & I were just there the weekend before Christmas and are going back Feb 29 for a few days. I've been wanting to try AKL CL and found availability at 35% off with AP discount, so I figured what the heck......might as well put that AP to good use ::yes::.

I did...but that’s the curse of living somewhere with cheap, plentiful, and relatively quick flights to MCO.

That's another factor that played into our upcoming trip...lol. Can't hardly pass up low airfare, half of which I paid for with points.....so a win on both resort and travel :thumbsup2.

Did anyone ever figure out just which longhouses are pool/marina view now? I know there was speculation when the category was added but I’m a bit confused trying to figure out room requests. I know Samoa was definitely one of them, but what else?

Did anyone ever figure out just which longhouses are pool/marina view now? I know there was speculation when the category was added but I’m a bit confused trying to figure out room requests. I know Samoa was definitely one of them, but what else?

Per the room finder on Touring Plans: Fiji, Samoa, Niue, and Raratonga all offer rooms in that category.

If you are going DVC, Tokelau is pool view. "Quiet" Pool but still has a bar and food available.

Just booked (actually rented) DVC for 2 nights in beginning of August as an add on to our Wilderness Lodge vacation. No parks...….just the resort :earboy2: This will be our first stay at the Poly in the 10 years we've been going to Disney World. We visited this resort a bunch but this is our first stay. Hoping to get an Ohana breakfast......will definitely be watching the fireworks from the beach. My wife and I are so excited.

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!