Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know for sure what they are changing in the guest rooms besides removing carpet? I can’t remember if it’s soft foods only or
A full blown room refurb.
🌺☺️
They tend to not “say” . Usually someone gets a peek and posts eventually.

I looked at some old pictures and the headboard and dressers etc were the same in 2006 and 2008 as now. However back then the headboard was dark brown. When they updated the rooms in 2013 they kept the same furniture but lightened the color of the headboard, dressers and closets etc but they were the same. Sometimes they change the tv’s out and change that area but for the most part the room has been the same .

2013 the bathroom had a whole redo. Before then they actually had different setups scattered throughout the resort. I had 2 different ones but I think there were 3 or 4 .

Can’t wait to see what they do this time!

They tend to not “say” . Usually someone gets a peek and posts eventually.

I looked at some old pictures and the headboard and dressers etc were the same in 2006 and 2008 as now. However back then the headboard was dark brown. When they updated the rooms in 2013 they kept the same furniture but lightened the color of the headboard, dressers and closets etc but they were the same. Sometimes they change the tv’s out and change that area but for the most part the room has been the same .

2013 the bathroom had a whole redo. Before then they actually had different setups scattered throughout the resort. I had 2 different ones but I think there were 3 or 4 .

Can’t wait to see what they do this time!

I really think they need to do something about cleaning up the elevators in the buildings...

I’m staying for the first time ever, tomorrow night, and am super excited! I have a “lake view”, which I’m sure will be an obstructed view with the bungalows coz I’m in an accessible room. Still, really excited!
I love to see CR and GF From my room /balcony/patio! I often stay at Poly in Hawaii building 1st floor and has similar view.

Usually I can still see the castle I just have to move around until I see it in between the bungalows.

It’s also nice to see the torches lit at night and hear the piped Hawaiian music.

Enjoy!

Hello from our first full day, just some randoms if anyone is interested in how things are looking here. Moorea 3012, we checked in yesterday and it's been great. The room wasn't ready till almost 5 which was a little surprising but no biggie. All of the CM's have been awesome so far, the staff at Capt Cook's are completely on top if it. The food has been quick and accurate. The refill situation has worked great so far (at the Contemporary too) but I could see with a big crowd how it might be a headache. Walk up without wait for Dole Whips. Haven't been to the pools yet but spent quite a while this morning and evening just relaxing on the beach.

The bus situation...25 mins for DS about 6 last night and this morning for Epcot about 30. I will say this...as the driver explained there are 6 sections in a bus. Each section is a party so if there are 6 single riders first in line that's all they can take. This AM people were in all directions waiting, everyone started huddling for the Epcot bus and calling out their party # to try to get a seat assignment. There were a lot of irked people when we were leaving and the driver said it's constantly "a bunch of mad folks". If you get on it's super nice and distanced but if it's busy you might opt for another way.

Trying to add pics but everything is loading sideways, will try to fix.

Thinking maybe just Uber to Epcot

Just be aware if you ride share they aren't letting them drop off early. Our bus had to loop the parking lot from 10:26-10:30 before they'd let him drop us and he was showing us the ride share cars having to wait in line because no early drop offs. We normally Lyft everywhere and would have if we had missed that first bus so was interesting to know

The little bit of extra time was nice as we were off of TT by 11:05 but there really needs to be a queue or something to make bus loading fair. Several families that were there as long as we were missed out.

Hello from our first full day, just some randoms if anyone is interested in how things are looking here. Moorea 3012, we checked in yesterday and it's been great. The room wasn't ready till almost 5 which was a little surprising but no biggie. All of the CM's have been awesome so far, the staff at Capt Cook's are completely on top if it. The food has been quick and accurate. The refill situation has worked great so far (at the Contemporary too) but I could see with a big crowd how it might be a headache. Walk up without wait for Dole Whips. Haven't been to the pools yet but spent quite a while this morning and evening just relaxing on the beach.

The bus situation...25 mins for DS about 6 last night and this morning for Epcot about 30. I will say this...as the driver explained there are 6 sections in a bus. Each section is a party so if there are 6 single riders first in line that's all they can take. This AM people were in all directions waiting, everyone started huddling for the Epcot bus and calling out their party # to try to get a seat assignment. There were a lot of irked people when we were leaving and the driver said it's constantly "a bunch of mad folks". If you get on it's super nice and distanced but if it's busy you might opt for another way.

Any quick fix for the sideways pics? I want to share but no luck, I only have my phone w me this time so can't mess around much to fix. Thanks!

Any quick fix for the sideways pics? I want to share but no luck, I only have my phone w me this time so can't mess around much to fix. Thanks!

For me, I edit the pic on my phone, crop it ever so slightly, rotate it 360 degrees, then re-save it. It should post in the right orientation after that.

Or just post them sideways and we’ll all deal with it. I can also fix it when I get a chance. :-)

Here's a silly question: do either of the shops at the Poly sell real flower leis? We're celebrating a birthday next week and it would be great to have one - I might have to order one through a florist if necessary.

I’m staying for the first time ever, tomorrow night, and am super excited! I have a “lake view”, which I’m sure will be an obstructed view with the bungalows coz I’m in an accessible room. Still, really excited!

How exciting for you.

I hope you have a great time.

I hope your accessible room works for you.

If you need accessible equipment the resort has a few items that might help. One time the bed was too high and they brought a step stool with an attached handle to hold onto.

Another time a bathtub transfer board and a shower chair.

Be safe and enjoy yourself

Ray

Thank you for the updates and pictures Enchanted Pixie Dust!

On the sideways pictures. I crop them so they are not so tall and narrow. I've never had to rotate them after that.

I know it will never happen, but now would be a perfect time for Disney to move the movies back to the much easier to socially distance beach location. Please and thank you Disney.

Yes...within 5 mins of taking that I passed back by and it was pretty full.

Since we are asking for things from Disney, our dinner at Tambu was ruined tonight by 2 couples at another table. There are very few tables in there now and they were dropping F bombs (and others) where we could clearly hear it from across the room. Multiple CMs heard them but nothing was said, one cringed when we looked straight at him when it was happening. We ended up packing up the food and leaving because I just didn't have the energy to get into it. I get they don't want confrontation but at some point a manager should have stepped in no matter if they were regulars or not. (as they loudly proclaimed)

In other news, mobile ordering was down earlier and the staff at Captain Cook's were rockstars. They had a bunch of confused people on the app and had everything running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter