Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect it will end the day before we get there, Tuesday. That seems to be the way things are going for our trip, the great movie ride, Ellen's energy, express bus transportation, splash mountain closing while we're there. Lol. :rotfl2:I do hope it is still going on, but I'm not counting on it.

I can foresee this for my trip as well...lol! If we are lucky enough to get it, we plan to use our housekeeping credit for our table service gratuities (we are on the free dining plan) to get the biggest bang for our buck. That is the only expense that is an absolute given. We don't "need" money for anything else. Should be a fairly low check-out bill...woohoo!

I remember reading that they have towels now at the main pool. Do they also have towels at the computer and bowling pin pools? We usually bring our own but if they have them right at the pool that is one less thing we have to pack. Yikes, we check in in 6 days, time to get packing.

Yes there are towels at all 3 pools.

How many of you have been successful getting a refurbished room when request sent by online check-in, fax, and Call? I know a lot of people use touring plans But I literally cannot spend one more dime on this trip… LOL!

We stayed one night in June, about a week after the first refurbished building opened and we called to request a new room and got one.

We don't "need" money for anything else. Should be a fairly low check-out bill...woohoo!

Don't forget the $200 BB booking deposit. :) I always forget that one.

I start a 'Disney tip' jar each year when I get home from the previous trip. Every couple of days I divide the change in my pocket into 2 groups. 1/2 goes into my tip jar and the other 1/2 back into my wallet. It's amazing how it adds up....especially as we're Canadian so have $1 and $2 coins too.

How many of you have been successful getting a refurbished room when request sent by online check-in, fax, and Call? I know a lot of people use touring plans But I literally cannot spend one more dime on this trip… LOL!

Arrived at 11:30am and room was ready! Actually text came around 10am lol. Got a refurbished room in the 90s. Room looks great although saw a few hard hats working on a few rooms a couple doors down.

I simply selected 90s and 80s online and then called to request a refurbished room. Didn't send a fax.

I have heard of things like throws and bags/backpacks being available at a special price when you spent XX amount but never anything free. Is this what you meant or have I been missing out all these years? :)

No you're right, you refreshed my memory that we paid $19 for a backpack with our purchase. Sorry for any confusion or concern of missing out...lol!!!

First time ever my room was ready before we got off the plane! Super happy, got all my requests too. That has NEVER happened for us ever. Got a refurbished room, we took a shoot snooze before we hit the park and we did hear quite a bit of construction noise. But so far has been by far the best resort experience I've had yet.

Anyone there now or just back that can say whether the food court has a good selection of fresh cupcakes now? Last year Pop had switched to mostly all "Whoopie" pies and we weren't fans of them. We loved the cupcakes before so I'm hoping they have switched back away from the Whoopie pie fad.

First time ever my room was ready before we got off the plane! Super happy, got all my requests too. That has NEVER happened for us ever. Got a refurbished room, we took a shoot snooze before we hit the park and we did hear quite a bit of construction noise. But so far has been by far the best resort experience I've had yet.
That's awesome! I hope you continue to have a magical trip!

Spring 2018 and yes, fulls are being replaced with queens.

Here now, my husband and I were just talking about this... we have a queen at home and this bed feels a lot smaller. And we have two dogs at home... there is a lot of pillows due to the Murphy bed, maybe that's why? I have a hard time believing this bed is a queen.

Thanks all! Anyone there or just back know what the free gift with purchase is now?
Here at Pop now. Offer is a black backpack with bright Mickey heads (lime green, fushia ... etc) ($24.95 I think) and/or a towel that folds into a back pack.($14.95 I believe)

Anyone there now or just back that can say whether the food court has a good selection of fresh cupcakes now? Last year Pop had switched to mostly all "Whoopie" pies and we weren't fans of them. We loved the cupcakes before so I'm hoping they have switched back away from the Whoopie pie fad.
I haven't noticed any 'special' cupcakes in the food court. At AoA we got a large 'turtles' cupcake in a carry case - still sitting in our room because we are always full lol. Just a note, if on DDP and you eat at AoA, they have let us trade out drink for snack/cupcake/side salad (we have eaten there 2 times and been told yes to this switch both times) BUT at Pop, we have not been allowed (tried twice). We were allowed to get a milkshake/iced coffee for our drink at Pop though.

Is Pop currently running the housekeeping promo? How could I find out about this?
Currently it is running. We asked/received promo when we checked in on Monday. Still happening:-)

I was just down at the foodcourt looking around. I noticed a lot of Whoopie pies. They do have a King Whoopie pie which looked a lot like the king cupcake. I will need to get it. Lol. I really did not notice any cupcakes.

I haven't noticed any 'special' cupcakes in the food court. At AoA we got a large 'turtles' cupcake in a carry case - still sitting in our room because we are always full lol. Just a note, if on DDP and you eat at AoA, they have let us trade out drink for snack/cupcake/side salad (we have eaten there 2 times and been told yes to this switch both times) BUT at Pop, we have not been allowed (tried twice). We were allowed to get a milkshake/iced coffee for our drink at Pop though.

I got one a few days ago and devoured it in about 10 seconds flat. :crazy: The icing on top was really sweet but the nuts on top were really good!

Here at Pop now. Offer is a black backpack with bright Mickey heads (lime green, fushia ... etc) ($24.95 I think) and/or a towel that folds into a back pack.($14.95 I believe

Thanks! We got the back packs when we were there in April. Will check out the towel this go round :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!