Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pools at all resorts are now gated and gates are locked when the pool is not officially open and lifeguards are not on duty. I believe average pool hours are 10am - 10pm but the current hours will be posted at the pool.

In the past it was acceptable to swim from 10pm - midnight without lifeguards being on duty but this changed when the fences went in approx 2 years ago.

Pools are heated to 82o.
82 is too cold for me. I went snorkeling in the Caribbean at that water temp and I wore my wet suit jacket and it was perfect.

February is unpredictable. This past February the whole East coast experienced a heatwave. It was almost 80 degrees in NYC. We were in Disney and enjoyed the pools the weather was gorgeous. Two years ago, it was a different story! It was 32 degrees on Valentine’s Day in MK. I had to buy my son a hat in MK in order to stay once the sun went down. That same trip three days later 80 degrees and by noon everyone was in the pool!

You need to plan to dress in layers.

Also, with cooler temps in the mornings and evenings, I’m considering throwing sweatshirts into a locker. Never done this before but the recent DIS article on lockers in the parks got me thinking about it.
Okay, I hear you....def. layers, sweatshirts and even gloves. I'll be ready. Thanks.

After spending two weeks trying different dates on the reservation site, I've finally booked 11 nights at POP for marathon weekend and beyond in January. Yay! Unfortunately, in order to do this, I had to make 4 different reservations :(. Is there some way to get them all linked so I don't have to change rooms? They are all standard rooms.

I already did online check in for two of the stays, requesting a room in the 80s or 90s as I am hoping to get a refurbished room. I'm aware that this early online check in may be a glitch, so I will check again at 60 days out.

Should I call and have a note put on my reservations about the split stay, and if I call should I also request a refurbished room, or would it be better to leave my online check in as is?

You can call Disney to have your reservations linked and request that you not move rooms but it is still just a request. Hopefully you can stay in the same room for your entire stay but if they need to move you between reservations, Disney will move you.

It's one of the reasons I'm not working too hard to find a bunch of little reservations to meet my dates. Too many variables come in to play for me.

Do you have dining plans booked with any/all of your reservations?

So I know there are small individual size bottles of OJ in the POP food court. Are there larger bottles available anywhere?
DH is pretty much sure he will not survive if he doesn't have his OJ every morning, and $4.69 or whatever it is for the individual bottles is a bit much.

So I know there are small individual size bottles of OJ in the POP food court. Are there larger bottles available anywhere?
DH is pretty much sure he will not survive if he doesn't have his OJ every morning, and $4.69 or whatever it is for the individual bottles is a bit much.
Check the resort shop. They carry grocery items. If they don’t carry it, take a stroll over to AoA. Since they have suites they may have more items in their resort store.

In the past it was acceptable to swim from 10pm - midnight without lifeguards being on duty but this changed when the fences went in approx 2 years ago.
For years Guests were allowed to swim 24/7.

3:00 AM seemed to be the preferred swim time for the South American Tour Groups!lol:)

Newbie here!

1- what is a quiet location in both the 80s and 90s? Just want to get an idea of a quieter room spot

2-when's the ideal time to fax in a room request?

Thank you!

Newbie here!

1- what is a quiet location in both the 80s and 90s? Just want to get an idea of a quieter room spot

Thank you!
You would want to request any room on the top floor away from the pool. The back side, and you would want to fax i a room request when five days away from check in.

You would want to request any room on the top floor away from the pool. The back side, and you would want to fax i a room request when five days away from check in.
I'm worried since I've called and online requested 80/90 that if I further request top floor away from pool it will eliminate any chance of a refurbished room...?! Not sure what to do!

I'm worried since I've called and online requested 80/90 that if I further request top floor away from pool it will eliminate any chance of a refurbished room...?! Not sure what to do!
I would suggest just leaving it like it is. I was there during the hurricane and had a 80's room, pool facing and never had a noise issue. I would say that just the request for 80's or 90's is good. I had given a specific room number but not the floor, nor building were close. I requested the 90's top floor and was in the 80's first floor, but I got a refurbed and that was my main goal.

You can call Disney to have your reservations linked and request that you not move rooms but it is still just a request. Hopefully you can stay in the same room for your entire stay but if they need to move you between reservations, Disney will move you.

It's one of the reasons I'm not working too hard to find a bunch of little reservations to meet my dates. Too many variables come in to play for me.

Do you have dining plans booked with any/all of your reservations?

Thanks for the info, scrappinkginontario! I tried million times, and a million combinations to get it to allow longer reservations but nothing else worked :(. And honestly, I'm going for Dopey and with 4 race days in a row, all I really care about is not having to switch resorts :). Those 3:00am wake up calls are enough to worry about :faint:!

Less than 10 days and we'll be there!

Quick question regarding the pool : are we allowed to bring water noodles in any of WDW Resorts' pools?

Thanks in advance

How is Mousekeeping doing these days? For those who did not opt-out, was your room done everyday? TIA

Newbie here!

Thank you!

My room was very quiet-we had no one above us since it was the fourth floor, we have no one on the left of us because we were on the corner. We had no one walking by our room being loud-we were at the end of the building by the lake, no one needed to walk past our room to get the there's-it was the end of the line and no on the way to classic hall for most people. We were in room 9461.

Quick question: Do they sell hard boiled eggs in the food court?

Yep they were in the refrigerated case by the salads, hummus and uncrustables (on the beer side not the dessert side if that makes sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter