Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep they were in the refrigerated case by the salads, hummus and uncrustables
Eggs are part of my pre-race fuel and I cannot bring them cross-border, it is great to know that I’ll be able to find them locally.

We were there 10/7-10/13 and did not opt-out of Mousekeeping. We were in a refurbished room in Building 9 and our room was cleaned really well each day.
Thanks, I can’t wait, I’ll be eating hard boiled eggs in my freshly cleaned Pop room in two weeks! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info, scrappinkginontario! I tried million times, and a million combinations to get it to allow longer reservations but nothing else worked :(.

Same thing happened to me- I cobbled together a week of single night reservations.
I then called Reservations and they were very happy to merge all my single nights into one vacation!
They also refunded all of the deposits for each night too!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have no problem doing this!

Any opinions if the new carpetless floors get gritty and dirty easy during a stay? Also opinions on noise levels of preferred pool view rooms?

If you love ion feel fir the Pop Century room renovations thread there are a number of people who have shared their personal experiences.

So I can save about $200-$300 if I book the Play, Stay, Dine package, but I can only get Preferred or Standard Pool View. I currently just have a Standard view. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. Would it be better to keep my Standard view in hopes of getting a refurbished room or should I switch?

So I can save about $200-$300 if I book the Play, Stay, Dine package, but I can only get Preferred or Standard Pool View. I currently just have a Standard view. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. Would it be better to keep my Standard view in hopes of getting a refurbished room or should I switch?
. Sorry but I don’t think anyone can really answer that for you. Only you know what is more important to you the savings or the location.

The savings is guaranteed. The location is not even with a standard room. More and more people know about the refurbishments so not all are getting their requests.

. Sorry but I don’t think anyone can really answer that for you. Only you know what is more important to you the savings or the location.

The savings is guaranteed. The location is not even with a standard room. More and more people know about the refurbishments so not all are getting their requests.
That’s true. It just seems like I would have a better chance with standard but I’m pretty sure we will do the offer. Now my next question is if we should go with preferred or standard pool view?

I think it will depend on your preference as my personal guess is that the 70's and 80's sections will have Standard Pool view rooms and Building 10 will have preferred rooms. I don't anticipate that Building 7 will be open by your trip based on the current rate that renovations are happening but that's just my guess.

There will be about the same number of renovated Standard Pool View rooms and Preferred rooms available by your trip so again it's something that you're best to decide.

I'm excited for you that you even have options at Pop for your dates for the PSD offer! I'm going the end of January and there has been zero availability for my dates even though i started looking 10+ times a day from within minutes of the offer being posted. I could save a lot too but there's just no availability. I'd grab what you can find ASAP as the availability doesn't seem to last long.

I think it will depend on your preference as my personal guess is that the 70's and 80's sections will have Standard Pool view rooms and Building 10 will have preferred rooms. I don't anticipate that Building 7 will be open by your trip based on the current rate that renovations are happening but that's just my guess.

There will be about the same number of renovated Standard Pool View rooms and Preferred rooms available by your trip so again it's something that you're best to decide.

I'm excited for you that you even have options at Pop for your dates for the PSD offer! I'm going the end of January and there has been zero availability for my dates even though i started looking 10+ times a day from within minutes of the offer being posted. I could save a lot too but there's just no availability. I'd grab what you can find ASAP as the availability doesn't seem to last long.
Thank you for all of your help! I went ahead and booked the Standard Pool View since the 80's buildings are all done. I don't want to take the risk with the preferred room since Building 10 might be the only one done. I'm confused why Building 8 in the 90's isn't considered pool view for some rooms because there are quite a few that have an actual view of the pool, but they are still considered standard. At least with Standard Pool View we could still be in the 50's which I kind of want. I would pick the 50's first if it weren't for the refurbishment schedule.

I was excited to see the PSD offer! I thought I was going to be stuck with the 177/night for a standard room. When I first looked at the PSD offer all I looked at was the type of room. I made the mistake of not looking at the price lol! I just assumed it would be more than what I was paying. Boy, was I wrong.

I think I'll request 80s. Should I leave it as just 80's or could I also add top floor? Also, do you think the Pool View rooms by the computer pool will be noisy?

Last edited:
I have a question for anyone who has declined housekeeping in exchange for a gift card. How/where did you get new towels and toiletries? How was trash handled?

Thanks.

For a mid February trip, are we safe to assume the 50's section won't be under any kind of refurbishment yet? We're different from most people, and prefer the layout of the old rooms because we need access to the table when both beds are in use since one of us has to work during the trip. I'm thinking of requesting 50's if it would mean a non refurbished room. Thanks!

For a mid February trip, are we safe to assume the 50's section won't be under any kind of refurbishment yet? We're different from most people, and prefer the layout of the old rooms because we need access to the table when both beds are in use since one of us has to work during the trip. I'm thinking of requesting 50's if it would mean a non refurbished room. Thanks!

So far they have been refurbishing rooms in a clockwise direction and it is anticipated that this will continue. If it does then yes, you would be safe to choose a room in the 50's section if you want a pre-refurbed room in February.

I have a question for anyone who has declined housekeeping in exchange for a gift card. How/where did you get new towels and toiletries? How was trash handled?

Thanks.
I’ve read that some people have gotten towels from the pool.

So far they have been refurbishing rooms in a clockwise direction and it is anticipated that this will continue. If it does then yes, you would be safe to choose a room in the 50's section if you want a pre-refurbed room in February.
thank you!

I tried to do the online check in the other day and was given no options at all for room requests. When I click the dropdown menu, there is nothing there. Anyone else have that happen? It seems like when we went in March I was able to choose things like Close to transportation. We're only there for 2 nights before moving to Shades of Green so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!