Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Everything Pop food court, are the "Mom's Kitchen" entree's [particularly the Carved Rotisserie Turkey Breast and the Pot Roast] available throughout the lunch and dinner period or are they only available at certain times/days ?

I have seen in blogs from a few years ago elsewhere that they may have only been available after 4:30 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and am wondering if that is still the case ? WDW's online menu doesn't give any indication it is.

Thanks

SW

At the Everything Pop food court, are the "Mom's Kitchen" entree's [particularly the Carved Rotisserie Turkey Breast and the Pot Roast] available throughout the lunch and dinner period or are they only available at certain times/days ?

I have seen in blogs from a few years ago elsewhere that they may have only been available after 4:30 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and am wondering if that is still the case ? WDW's online menu doesn't give any indication it is.

Thanks

SW

The times may change, (I’m not sure) but when we were there last month for two weeks, the turkey, pot roast and meatloaf were available every day at lunch and dinner. :) Delicious! :thumbsup2

I've been back for about two weeks, but wanted to give a mini-review of POP. This was our first time here, and I was really looking forward to it! We had a Standard room booked. I requested the 60's section, and was placed in the 90's section - Pool View. We liked our room and the comfy queen beds, The renovations were lovely, resort was very clean. Mousekeeping was great - our room was always clean before we returned for an afternoon break. Food Court had some good choices - our favourites were the Soups (OMG! the Tomato soup!!) and the wood-fired pizzas were delicious. My boys also had a ton of the cheese danishes. We walked over to AoA a couple of times to eat, and it was really nice to have that option too.

In the past, we've stayed at ASSp, ASMu, POFQ and CSR. We didn't love PoP though. We found it really, really crowded compared to the All Stars. Buses were especially crowded, and because my boys are 14, they always gave up their seats to families, so they were always standing. We also often had to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus as so many guests were waiting (at resorts or parks).

No regrets staying here, but we won't be back. I've booked our bounceback trip at ASSp. The boys are nostalgic for Sports, so we'll go back there next.

I checked in on 9/14 and I’m here til 9/29. We are a group of 8 with three rooms. One room was filthy when we checked in, they were at capacity and it was 10pm so they called in housekeeping to clean. It was frustrating. Not impressed with housekeeping this trip, our second day they took the tips in all three rooms but left towels in only one and didn’t make any beds or empty garbage. It was odd, we called and requested they clean and it was resolved.

It has been so hot here. We typically come in September and I’ve never seen it this hot. Pools felt like hot tubs yesterday.

We are having a good trip. Busses have been great. The walk from the bus stop to HS was long, about 1100 steps according to my Fitbit. They do have shade at the stops now though.

I’m here for awhile so let me know if you have questions and I can try to answer them. Heading to typhoon lagoon today. :-)

Does anyone know where Uber to Lyft would drop you off at HS? Just wondering if it would be closer than the bus stops

0CAB5181-B2DF-4E5E-ACDD-1D84A89CD528.jpeg FB199B3B-F78A-49A3-8B57-67D2A07C0001.jpeg Just thought I’d post a little something that might help those looking for information they know is contained is a thread somewhere.

At the top, right of each screen is a magnifying glass.

If you click the magnifying glass a search box will pop up. Enter what is being searched for in the top box and select ‘Search this thread only’.

Hope this helps others as it took me a long time to realize this was even available.

View attachment 351429 View attachment 351428 Just thought I’d post a little something that might help those looking for information they know is contained is a thread somewhere.

At the top, right of each screen is a magnifying glass.

If you click the magnifying glass a search box will pop up. Enter what is being searched for in the top box and select ‘Search this thread only’.

Hope this helps others as it took me a long time to realize this was even available.
I didn’t know you could search a certain thread. That’s good to know!

I checked in on 9/14 and I’m here til 9/29. We are a group of 8 with three rooms. One room was filthy when we checked in, they were at capacity and it was 10pm so they called in housekeeping to clean. It was frustrating. Not impressed with housekeeping this trip, our second day they took the tips in all three rooms but left towels in only one and didn’t make any beds or empty garbage. It was odd, we called and requested they clean and it was resolved.

It has been so hot here. We typically come in September and I’ve never seen it this hot. Pools felt like hot tubs yesterday.

We are having a good trip. Busses have been great. The walk from the bus stop to HS was long, about 1100 steps according to my Fitbit. They do have shade at the stops now though.

I’m here for awhile so let me know if you have questions and I can try to answer them. Heading to typhoon lagoon today. :-)

Your housekeeping experience is really disappointing to hear. I hope they turn it around for you and that you can report back in that all is well. Housekeeping is important to me and my enjoyment of any vacation. (I would never forgo this service.) I’m not super picky, but not making beds, not leaving towels, and not taking care of trash would put a damper on my vacation.

Hope everything else with your vacation is going great!

When we were at Pop the last week of August we had or one experience with the new room security checks.

It was around 3:30 on a Tues afternoon and we were in our room waiting out a storm before heading to mnsshp. The gentleman knocked on the door and I immediately knew what it was. I held the door open so he could easily see into the room as he asked if we needed any towels or coffee supplies. I told him we were fine, thanked him for doing the security check ;) , and he was on his way.

While I wish these security checks were not needed, I think it was handled well and I appreciate doing what they can to keep their guests safe.

Trying to save a little cash this trip and thinking about trying PoP for last 4 days of trip. Switching from POFQ to PoP last 4 days is almost a 400 dollar savings.

Downside would make a 3 way split from BWI -> POFQ -> Pop (but ive dont mind splits that much).

How good or bad will the change be from POFQ to PoP. The days will be park only days anyway. Doing a Preferred room if so. Any advice.

Trying to save a little cash this trip and thinking about trying PoP for last 4 days of trip. Switching from POFQ to PoP last 4 days is almost a 400 dollar savings.

Downside would make a 3 way split from BWI -> POFQ -> Pop (but ive dont mind splits that much).

How good or bad will the change be from POFQ to PoP. The days will be park only days anyway. Doing a Preferred room if so. Any advice.
Personally I would rather keep pofq but that’s because that’s our favorite resort. Will you be spending a lot of time at the hotel or will you be in the parks?

I'd skip the preferred room and book a standard room. Request a lakeview room. Much more peaceful and quiet and not much further to the foodcourt and buses. I find that most of the preferred rooms are by well travelled paths or facing the maid carts and can be noisy in the morning.

While I love POFQ, I really love the foodcourt and buses at Pop, and the savings make it totally worthwhile. I think it's a good change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter