Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all the resort mugs Halloween now, or do they still do the regular ones?

The Halloween mugs are sold out property wide right now so the only option is regular. When they get more Halloween ones they will still have regular ones out.

The Halloween mugs are selling out as quickly as they restock the shelves. Here's hoping they have Christmas ones but that they order them in much higher quantities!

I checked in at noon. The CM at the desk worked her magic to find me a room. This room is beautiful. I do have a question tho. I have a reservation at California Grill tonite. To get there from Pop, is it take a bus to Magic Kingdom then the monorail to Contemporary? Thanks for any answers.

That would work, but you could also take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk over to the Contemporary. It's an easy walk on proper sidewalks with one crosswalk to worry about. Probably faster.

I checked in at noon. The CM at the desk worked her magic to find me a room. This room is beautiful. I do have a question tho. I have a reservation at California Grill tonite. To get there from Pop, is it take a bus to Magic Kingdom then the monorail to Contemporary? Thanks for any answers.

That would work, but you could also take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk over to the Contemporary. It's an easy walk on proper sidewalks with one crosswalk to worry about. Probably faster.

I agree that walking to the Contemporary would probably be faster. The walk from the bus stop through security and then across the entrance plaza and up the monorail ramp to the loading platform is probably the same distance (or close to it) as going from the bus stop directly to the walkway to the Contemporary!

....... Buses were especially crowded, and because my boys are 14, they always gave up their seats to families, so they were always standing. We also often had to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus as so many guests were waiting (at resorts or parks).
I just wanted to commend your boys.... and say thank you for raising them right!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter ALWAYS gives up her seat too! Thank you!!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't you still have to go through Security to access the CR Walkway after exiting the Buses?

I honestly don’t remember for sure, but looking at Google Maps I think you’re correct. However going through security at the far right end of the booths and then turning right to the walkway to CR appears to be shorter than crossing over to the monorail, and of course there’s no ramp to climb either.

ETA total walking distance taking the monorail is probably less, but walking directly from bus to CR is probably faster than taking the monorail (unless the monorail arrives just as you get to the boarding platform).

Finishing up our stay at Pop with our last night tonight!

To address a few questions -
No Halloween mugs out at Pop since we arrived on 9/18. We asked and were told they were sold out.

As for cases of water, we didn’t find anywhere that had them advertised, but we asked a friendly cast member on our arrival night and he brought us out a case of 24 of the smaller Dasani bottles from the back. It was ~$6-7 for the case. Well worth it as we’ve used them all week! And FWIW, all 24 bottles will fit in the fridge in the rooms. Not much room for other things, but if you’re only using it for water, it works out perfectly.

I just wanted to commend your boys.... and say thank you for raising them right!!!!!!!!!!! Too many times on our last few trips I have seen young people or obviously healthy/strong people grab seats and never even attempt to allow an elderly person or small child to take their seat!!! My daughter ALWAYS gives up her seat too! Thank you!!!!!!

While I'm sure many of the young people sitting on the buses are "healthy/strong" people, don't assume they all are just because they *look* that way. My nephew could have been one of those people who appears to be healthy and strong but won't give up his seat on a bus. He has muscular dystrophy. You wouldn't know it by just looking at him, but he has it. He can walk and get around without any aid during a typical day, but usually uses his power chair for more strenuous days (like Disney or other events/situations that require a lot of walking). If he's only going to be at a park for dinner or something quick, he doesn't bother to use his power chair. However, there is no way (even on a good day!) that he'd have the muscle strength to be able to stand on a moving bus. So while he might look like a perfectly healthy young man who is refusing to give up his seat on the bus, I can guarantee you that 99.9% of the people standing on the bus are much more capable of doing that than he is. That being said, he's the most polite young man you'd ever meet -- he'll hold the door for you; he'll drop you off at the door of the restaurant so you don't get rained on even though it means he's going to get drenched as he walks across the parking lot; and he'll pull out the chair at the table for you. But he won't give up his seat on the bus and he shouldn't have to. And he won't announce or advertise that he has MD and *can't* give up his seat. And he (and others like him) shouldn't have to explain why he isn't giving up his seat.

I will say (and this may not be popular opinion) that Disney days are long days on everyone, including children. We routinely clock 20,000+ steps each day and my child far more than me! It is not uncommon for our family to step aside and let others board a bus when it’s standing room only. We will wait (as long as we need to) until we can get on a bus where we can sit down. This option is available to all. Where I am normally in the camp if asking my child to stand on the bus so that someone else can sit down, at the end of a long day I am okay with her occupying a seat, especially on the long 15 min ride home from the MK.

I’ve pulled her into my lap at times but at almost 5’ that’s getting more and more difficult.

Anyway, not saying it’s right for all, just what I’m okay with after a long day of exceptional walking.

I just wanted to commend your boys.... and say thank you for raising them right!!!!!!!!!!! Too many times on our last few trips I have seen young people or obviously healthy/strong people grab seats and never even attempt to allow an elderly person or small child to take their seat!!! My daughter ALWAYS gives up her seat too! Thank you!!!!!!

While I also find it commendable when people give up their seat to someone young or old, like @bluezy said, you can't alway tell how healthy someone is just by looking at them. As someone in my early 40's and relatively healthy, I have given up my seat on all but 1 occasion. On our last trip, I ended up with blisters near the end of our trip and made the mistake of giving up my seat on an afternoon ride to Epcot and messed my feet up so bad, I really struggled walking around. When we returned to the POP, that was the one time I didn’t give up a seat, and while I felt guilty at the time it was the choice I had to make.

Agree with @scrappinginontario, that it can be much tougher to give up a seat after a long day at the park. Like I said before, I will, but after a long day it can be annoying. Especially if you see a family with very young children and they don’t open up a spot by having their kid sit on their lap, or even worse, they have a kid sleeping and taking up two spots. I’ve had to stand next to family’s like that more than a few times.

Also, while most do consider it a nice jester giving someone a seat, not everyone does. I ran into that 2 trips ago when I offered my seat to an older couple and I got a lecture on how I shouldn’t assume that just because someone was older meant the need help. :confused3

Last edited:
Just wondering if a scooter will fit in the new Pop Century rooms and if they really won't, what has been the easiest solution to charging it at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter