Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to share my experience today calling Disney. I asked for a room with tub and shower, not just shower. The CM says all rooms have tub shower. I said no they don't, and I quoted @scrappinginontario 's thread record where it says a third of the rooms are shower only. What's worse, last summer I went without requesting tub, and I was stuck with giving my then DS2 his first shower, and he was so mad! So the CM agreed to put my request in, but she also said I can do this myself on the My Disney Experience app. I said no you can't, you can choose from a list of options, but you can't type anything in. She said are you using the computer? I said yes. She said are you using Chrome? I said no Firefox. She said if you use Chrome, you will be able to type in your request. I was very happy to hear that, thanked her, hung up, then opened Chrome and signed in.

It didn't work. Chrome was identical to Firefox. There's no place to type in anything!

Wouldn't it be nice if one can type in the request in MDE check in, rather than calling Disney for every room request? I stayed at a Hyatt hotel last year and there was a slot where you type in requests, and when I got there, everything I asked for was in the room: extra sheets, extra blankets, extra towels. Super nice! So why doesn't Disney do that? Imagine how much telephone time they would save.

P.S. During the call, I had to first listen to a big long spill about Galaxy's Edge. "Due to unprecedented interest," it said.

Planning to be at Pop for Marathon Weekend 2020 and just read that the Hippy Pool and bar will be closed for refurbishment. Does that mean that the resort will look like a full construction zone? If so, do we know the exact date? The tables and chairs from the food court typically give on that side of the resort.

I am wondering if I should reconsider my choice and go to CBR (70$ more per night, time six nights, time two rooms, 840$ extra, ouch).

ETA: If we really want to soak in a pool, I might just add the Plus to the Park Hopper option.
You don't need to go to the waterparks to soak, I don't think, being that Pop does have 2 other pools, and not as many people swim in the winter because it's more chilly, so it shouldn't be crowded. Only the main pool area will be fenced up, I believe. Not worth staying at CBR and throw away $840.

Just want to share my experience today calling Disney. I asked for a room with tub and shower, not just shower. The CM says all rooms have tub shower. I said no they don't, and I quoted @scrappinginontario 's thread record where it says a third of the rooms are shower only. What's worse, last summer I went without requesting tub, and I was stuck with giving my then DS2 his first shower, and he was so mad! So the CM agreed to put my request in, but she also said I can do this myself on the My Disney Experience app. I said no you can't, you can choose from a list of options, but you can't type anything in. She said are you using the computer? I said yes. She said are you using Chrome? I said no Firefox. She said if you use Chrome, you will be able to type in your request. I was very happy to hear that, thanked her, hung up, then opened Chrome and signed in.

It didn't work. Chrome was identical to Firefox. There's no place to type in anything!

Wouldn't it be nice if one can type in the request in MDE check in, rather than calling Disney for every room request? I stayed at a Hyatt hotel last year and there was a slot where you type in requests, and when I got there, everything I asked for was in the room: extra sheets, extra blankets, extra towels. Super nice! So why doesn't Disney do that? Imagine how much telephone time they would save.

P.S. During the call, I had to first listen to a big long spill about Galaxy's Edge. "Due to unprecedented interest," it said.

Pretty sure they do not for the same reason they disabled the two request option on online check-in for a while. Because too many people don't get that requests are just that - just putting it on there does not guarantee it.

Extra sheets and blankets and towels is easy. Room specificities are not.

Our kids are similar in age to your kids and our last stay was for 14 days. We didn't find it to be too tight at all. The storage under the bed was helpful and my 11 year old was in charge of the Murphy bed each day. She's fairly neat, and organized, so she made the bed and put it up and down each day. That was easy to do and really helped to create space.

We also like to completely unpack on our two week trips. 3 of us like to put our clothing in packing cubes in the drawers while my husband likes to pack and hang his clothing from a hangar in an accordion like packing cube. We also hang a huge bag for dirty clothing and do a load of laundry when it fills up. That's about it! :)
Interested in this accordion hanger packing cube...

I’m exhausted just reading your plans.
You are exhausted? Really? My plan seems quite straightforward to me. I just have to charge back from MK, take a deep breath, then make a bee line for the Skyliner. I have 2 favorite phrases for my kids in WDW: "MOVE!" and "MOVE FASTER!" They are teens and they can be so slow sometimes! Did I mention that I and kids walk from Epcot to DHS much faster than the boat? In fact, beating the boat is what makes that walk super fun!

You are exhausted? Really? My plan seems quite straightforward to me. I just have to charge back from MK, take a deep breath, then make a bee line for the Skyliner. I have 2 favorite phrases for my kids in WDW: "MOVE!" and "MOVE FASTER!" They are teens and they can be so slow sometimes! Did I mention that I and kids walk from Epcot to DHS much faster than the boat? In fact, beating the boat is what makes that walk super fun!
None of that sounds fun. Kinda sounds like a drill sergeant running vacation. I do hope that in all this "moving faster" business you take time to enjoy the moments spent with your family.

None of that sounds fun. Kinda sounds like a drill sergeant running vacation. I do hope that in all this "moving faster" business you take time to enjoy the moments spent with your family.
Family time can come later, as long as we get on 7DMT, PP, RnRC and SDD! lol I'm sure she isn't meaning it all in a negative manner! I'm with her though, sometimes you gotta move to get through crowds!

You are exhausted? Really? My plan seems quite straightforward to me.

Well, even in your original post you said "it's stressful, but exciting". And while stress can be a motivator for some, it can definitely be exhausting for others. We're a non-stress vacationing family here. We're all about chilling out and avoiding stress. :) So yeah, your plans sound exhausting to me, too. But it doesn't matter in the least because they work for you & your family and it's your trip. :)

We're hoping the new skyliner will make our next trip even easier, as we'll have that option for getting to 2 of the parks. Yay!

Does the fridge in the rooms actually keep things cold? Starting to make a list for Garden Grocer and wondering if it’s worth getting my kids their yogurt that they like. Don’t want to waste my money if they’d have to eat it all by day 2...lol

Does the fridge in the rooms actually keep things cold? Starting to make a list for Garden Grocer and wondering if it’s worth getting my kids their yogurt that they like. Don’t want to waste my money if they’d have to eat it all by day 2...lol
I stayed in November and didn't have any trouble with the refrigerator. I suppose any given unit could be on the fritz, but .... that wasn't my experience.

Does the fridge in the rooms actually keep things cold?

27740674594_104c4b9788_c.jpg

28074373550_225c57ea30_c.jpg

WEDWDW, Sep 11, 2018 Edit Report

The new fridge are much smaller then the old ones were.

I've been digging around and can't find much, do we think the Hippie Dippie pool will be open by Easter 2020?

Yeah, exhausted again. My idea of a vacation is taking it slow and relaxing. The last thing I want to do is rush to everything. I’ve got too much of that going on in my everyday life.

They work very well. Just don’t overload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!