Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop buses arent bad but #2 isnt true, the food court sucks, its always packed, 100s of people, most of them in the same group, most of them children with no parents just charperones for their trip, it is chaos, always, everytime. 3 hour wait for room service at Pop after park hours.
We always get seats in the food court - we just sit in the area closest to the door by the bus. It is usually relatively uncrowded

Please tell me exactly what comes in the rooms now. Coffee maker? Fridge? What kind of coffee maker? Pods or kcups? I wanna make sure I get coffee I like for the room. Shampoo/Conditioner/Body wash dispensers in the shower?

There is basically 3 counters
There may be basically three stations, but there are actually five. All open all day.
10 people in each line takes 15 minutes to make burgers or pizza.
Doesn't fresh, made to order food make more sense than stacks of precooked burgers or whole pizzas, from both the customer perspective and to avoid any food waste? It's not as if food is handed to the customer in the same order it wasvordered. If you're five people behind me, but your Monster Slice of pizza is ready before my whole pizza, they don't make you wait until my order and the three behind me are ready. Just like any other pizza restaurant.
When the parks are closed the line has 50 people in it. 30-45 minutes for food unless its already made
Okay, yeah. When you (seemingly regularly) go to a restaurant when a couple of hundred others tend to visit, you need to expect a wait.
Just being honest about the mulitple horrible experience in dining
"Just being honest about the your mulitple horrible experience in dining."

Fixed it for you.
Note that the pool bar will be closed during refurb (so we will be spending a bit more time at AoA in the evening).
In an ideal world, they would set up a bar somewhere around Classic Hall...

Last edited:

Please tell me exactly what comes in the rooms now. Coffee maker? Fridge? What kind of coffee maker? Pods or kcups? I wanna make sure I get coffee I like for the room. Shampoo/Conditioner/Body wash dispensers in the shower?
Coffee maker. Starts with a C. Used the flat coffee pods, supplied - but of course you can bring your own.
Small fridge, glass front, no freezer.
Shampoo, conditioner, body wash dispinsers; can't tell you what brand.
hair dryer, iron, ironing board, plenty of storage.
Safe in the dresser.
Queen fixed bed.
Queen Murphy bed.

No its true. You may be able to get a seat....usually not clean, but the lines are ridiculous. Pizza after 7pm takes an hour or more. Just to order you have 100 people in front of you. So select seating and super huge lines. Pop is horrible for their food court.
I'm very sorry that you're experiences have been like this.

Mine has never been this way and as others have stated neither have theirs. Your experience seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Good thing Disney has many dining options so if you aren't happy with one there are many others to choose from.

I've also never had any bad experiences with dining at POP. We were always able to find seating right away. Of course if you go in there right after all the parks have closed you are going to have some kind of wait. We used mobile ordering for breakfast one day and brought our food back to our room which worked out perfectly.

Our ME bus only had AOA before us...not sure if anybody was left on the bus after our stop because I was too excited to be there LOL.

I've been to Pop about 5 times (including during Irma), and I've have experienced chaos during the hurricane (expected), and long lines on other trips due to staffing shortages and extremely slow cashiers. Most of the dining staff in my experience has not been very friendly. They seem to lack the typical Disney spark. Also we seem to be very unlucky with the buses (never really have a good experience.. we traveled in Aug-Oct for the most part). We still love Pop, but looking to try out CBR next trip. Fingers crossed for Free Dining Summer 2020! We may end up back at Pop if no good offers 'pop" up!! ;)

If we order groceries from Instacart and they arrive at Pop before we do, bell services will just hold them for us, correct?

We just checked in tonight and all went perfectly well. Just an FYI they literally change the pizza they serve here yesterday. They no longer have that round family pizza but instead a family meal for $29 that is a large square pizza, breadsticks and ceaser salasd. And it is not part of the dining plan. It’s actually a good cash deal for a family we were full for a family of four and had extra.

I do have a question though the Murphy bed sheeting does not have a top sheet. Is that normal? Last year I recall both beds have the same type of cheating the bottom sheet the blanket in the top sheet that almost made it like a duvet did they forget it or is the Murphy bed not as nice as the real bed?

New family pizza deal. Started today. 29$.
Funny that you just posted this. We arrive Sunday and I was checking out the mobile ordering options a bit ago. Saw the rectangular pizza and wondered when it switched. Looks like a pretty good OOP deal!!

Funny that you just posted this. We arrive Sunday and I was checking out the mobile ordering options a bit ago. Saw the rectangular pizza and wondered when it switched. Looks like a pretty good OOP deal!!
For OOP it was a super deal. We only wanted a snack but for that price we got a better deal

I've been here for one week... one more to go! No issues with the food court. Always plenty of seating! While Mobile Ordering is possible, options are limited... no meatloaf, salmon or cupcake for example.

We enjoy the new rooms very much! It is great to have so much room under the bed to store luggage etc... Sheets are thin... extra blankets can be requested.

Just my guess,but I would be shocked if there is not a "temporary Bar" in Classic Hall.
On our last visit in April the bartenders at Petals told us they were told that a temporary bar would indeed be inside Everything Pop! Anyone remember years ago when there was a bar inside??

Coffee maker. Starts with a C. Used the flat coffee pods, supplied - but of course you can bring your own.
Small fridge, glass front, no freezer.
Shampoo, conditioner, body wash dispinsers; can't tell you what brand.
hair dryer, iron, ironing board, plenty of storage.
Safe in the dresser.
Queen fixed bed.
Queen Murphy bed.
In addition...

I haven't stayed at PoP yet, but since none of the resident experts has yet answered;

The coffee maker is a Cuisinart that uses pods.
http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/r...s-pop-century/pop-century-renovated-room-049/
The coffee supplied in the rooms is Joffrey's.
http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/r...s-pop-century/pop-century-renovated-room-048/
I believe I read that the cups are paper.

The shampoo body wash and conditioner are Disney H 2 0 Sea Salt brand

Doesn't the Pop food court now have mobile ordering? That is a game changer IMHO. We used it all over the parks in May and it is WONDERFUL.
Looking forward to using this. Will be especially nice when they offer wifi on the buses. (Stillin testing phase I believe)
What time did you arrive to pop using me? We have a flight arriving about that time.
It’s a personal decision but for our family, if our flight arrives 5pm or later we choose to rake our luggage on DME with us. Disney’s policy is that your luggage should arrive within 3 hours of you arriving at Pop but with an arrival time that could still be 9:30ish. And, I’ve definitely found it’s taken more than 3 hours at times.

We just checked in tonight and all went perfectly well. Just an FYI they literally change the pizza they serve here yesterday. They no longer have that round family pizza but instead a family meal for $29 that is a large square pizza, breadsticks and ceaser salasd. And it is not part of the dining plan. It’s actually a good cash deal for a family we were full for a family of four and had extra.

I do have a question though the Murphy bed sheeting does not have a top sheet. Is that normal? Last year I recall both beds have the same type of cheating the bottom sheet the blanket in the top sheet that almost made it like a duvet did they forget it or is the Murphy bed not as nice as the real bed?
I just looked back at our April pictures and both beds were made identically with a blanket between 2 sheets. If you call I’m sure they’ll take care of fixing that for you.

Do any of the rooms have two regular beds or just a regular and Murphy bed?
We requested two doubles/queens for our standard room in November.

Also, is opting out of housekeeping still an option?
Thanks!

sI743dG.jpg

Yep.
What kind of coffee maker? Pods or kcups? I wanna make sure I get coffee I like for the room.
pBzXgGV.jpg

It's a Cuisinart WCM11S 2 cup. I make my own pods.
Shampoo/Conditioner/Body wash dispensers in the shower?
pR2F52D.jpg

f5jPDXB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter