Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the hours the pools are open?

I believe that today the pool hours are 0900-2100.

They could change because after reopening they were 1100-2100.

All pools at PCR are locked during non-lifeguarded hours.

Today, WDW said one of the water parks may open March 2021.

Yes, you'll have to Uber. You won't make it in time using Disney transportation. We took an Uber twice to the Contemporary for breakfast reservations and it all worked out well.

Or Lyft. Uber is NOT the only game in town.

booked a stay at pop for next week on a whim, a few questions for those of you who have stayed, the disney site states 'leisure pools' are open 24 hours, did anyone experience this? also, is there still tea and coffee and creamer in the food court or did all of those items go away (syrup, butter, peanut butter, jelly etc...) i am assuming yes but want to plan accordingly. thank you!

booked a stay at pop for next week on a whim, a few questions for those of you who have stayed, the disney site states 'leisure pools' are open 24 hours, did anyone experience this? also, is there still tea and coffee and creamer in the food court or did all of those items go away (syrup, butter, peanut butter, jelly etc...) i am assuming yes but want to plan accordingly. thank you!

Not sure about the condiments, but Pop does not have leisure pools, so no, none of the pools are open 24 hours.

just spoke to a cast member, quiet pools have been open 24 hours lately depending on how busy the resort is so, will hope for some late swims.
'Quiet Pools' may be open for 24 hours at some resorts but Pop does not have any pools that are classified as 'Quiet Pools'. All pools at Pop at gated and locked when lifeguards are not on duty. Current pool hours are 10am - 10pm.

If a late night swim is important to you, you may wish to consider switching to a different resort as you will not be able to swim after 10pm at Pop.

'Quiet Pools' may be open for 24 hours at some resorts but Pop does not have any pools that are classified as 'Quiet Pools'. All pools at Pop at gated and locked when lifeguards are not on duty. Current pool hours are 10am - 10pm.

If a late night swim is important to you, you may wish to consider switching to a different resort as you will not be able to swim after 10pm at Pop.
cool, thanks for the thoughtful reply - a lot of conflicting information online and from cast members - i love the super quiet pools at caribbean beach so, may make the switch as i've been able to use those pools well past midnight in the past.

just spoke to a cast member, quiet pools have been open 24 hours lately depending on how busy the resort is so, will hope for some late swims.
How interesting. I wonder what the CM was talking about.

I just stayed at POP - Sept 8-15 - and the three pools were locked at night. On my stay at 9PM.

How interesting. I wonder what the CM was talking about.

I just stayed at POP - Sept 8-15 - and the three pools were locked at night. On my stay at 9PM.
It would have been a phone CM that the OP was speaking to and what they said was correct. The 'Quiet Pools' at resorts that have them may be open 24 hours. The difference is that none of the pools at Pop are categorized as 'Quiet Pools' so that was where the differentiation is.

Last edited:
ALL WDW Pools were 24/7 until a few years ago.

But these days ALL Value Resort Pools and ALL "Feature Pools" at the Moderates and Deluxes are only open during Lifeguarded Hours.

And even most,if not all, of the "Leisure/Quiet Pools" at the Moderates and Deluxes have "Posted Hours" but these hours are not usually "enforced".

Is there a recreation calendar for September? I saw mention of movies under the stars and trivia but how about roasting marshmallows, making tie dye Mickey shirts or Hippy Dippy Pool games for the kids?

Is there a recreation calendar for September? I saw mention of movies under the stars and trivia but how about roasting marshmallows, making tie dye Mickey shirts or Hippy Dippy Pool games for the kids?
No Activities Calendars fliers in Covid Disney World.

They aren't doing the usual all-day activities.

All we saw was some Trivia at Hippy Dippy and Bowling and Movies on "The Green" a few nights a week.

Definitely no marshmallow roasting.

There were limited condiments in baskets/bowls on the counter where the microwaves used to be. I saw salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and I think honey. I did not eat there during breakfast (I always have food in my room for breakfast, even pre COVID) so the assortment may be different at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter