Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Huh, so this was my first time booking a WDW vacation and I just wanted to do it through Disney and maybe I don't know all of the tricks for WDW, admittedly, but I went to book a room/ticket package for POFQ tonight for late February 2018 and there was nothing available, so we went with Riverside instead. Upon showing the photos to my husband of each, he liked Riverside better, so maybe it was for the best.

Is this normal? I wasn't being picky, just looking for ANY room. Oh well, Riverside, here we come!

Any particular building that is recommended if you have booked a river view room or is it all pretty much the same? I'm not fussy, just curious as it's 60 days tomorrow :teeth:

I hope they don't take out the ceiling fans... but good to know ahead of time if they make that decision!
Me, too. The idea of a southern US resort theme of the eras that POR and POFQ represent without ceiling fans doesn't make sense to me. Disney has always been about the different theming, so hopefully, they keep that, and don't try to make every resort basically a copycat.

Any particular building that is recommended if you have booked a river view room or is it all pretty much the same? I'm not fussy, just curious as it's 60 days tomorrow :teeth:
If you want to be near the pool request 2 or 5. If walking up to POR is part of the plan go for 7. We have had riverview in 1, 5, 6 & 7 and the walk to anything is only a few minutes difference. One suggestion when you get there is to checkout the resort map so you can see shortcuts through the various courtyards & paths

Huh, so this was my first time booking a WDW vacation and I just wanted to do it through Disney and maybe I don't know all of the tricks for WDW, admittedly, but I went to book a room/ticket package for POFQ tonight for late February 2018 and there was nothing available, so we went with Riverside instead. Upon showing the photos to my husband of each, he liked Riverside better, so maybe it was for the best.

Is this normal? I wasn't being picky, just looking for ANY room. Oh well, Riverside, here we come!

There have been threads on the boards about people trying to book certain lengths of stays at certain resorts but being unable to, but when they take off a day or add a day (or just fiddle with the length of stay) there is availability for all the nights they want. Maybe that's why nothing showed up for you? I know when I check out our dates on the website there is no availability, but if I remove a day - viola - availability. We stayed at riverside our last trip and enjoyed it. Trying French for something new.

I know that being such a small resort, that people say it doesn't really matter which building you are in. But, even so, any recommendations for standard view room buildings?

Does POFQ have a splash play area for kids? I know they have a kiddie pool, but just wondering if they have a slash area. Thanks :)

I requested Building 5 or 6, and our room was in Building 5 (5220). It was a great location. Very close to the pool, easy access to the boat launch, quick walk to the food court, and we could cut through the courtyard between 5 & 6, walk by building 4 to get to the parking lot, and get over to the bus stop without going through the main building.

Dh and I will be staying at POFQ in October. We last stayed in November of 2015. I understand they have added a fence around the pool. Did they add a fence around the hot tub as well?
Also, we loved the Christmas decorations. Does the resort decorate for halloween?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter