Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Dh and I will be staying at POFQ in October. We last stayed in November of 2015. I understand they have added a fence around the pool. Did they add a fence around the hot tub as well?
Also, we loved the Christmas decorations. Does the resort decorate for halloween?
Yes they did, as of Jan 2017. I don't think it's Magic Band activated yet but it wouldn't be hard for them to install the mechanism because it does have a deadbolt lock on the gate.

And the kids' splash area is a lot of fun.... Though adults cannot go down the mini-slide with the kids. Also the water is "heated" - though I only noticed it being warmer when I was standing next to the play structure in ankle-deep water. All the sprayers and gravity fountains don't have as much warmth! But DD sure enjoyed spraying me...

Thank you! Does anyone know if they enforce it if a child is slightly taller than the 48"?
Totally depends on the lifeguards at the time and how crowded the area is. If your slightly older ones are the ones doing most of the playing with the younger kids, they might let it slide.... ;)

Thank you! Does anyone know if they enforce it if a child is slightly taller than the 48"?
It depends which lifeguard is watching the area. They only checked heights once of a dozen times while we were there and only if they were obviously way taller.

I noticed that even value resorts have grab bars on the showers , but no POFQ, I was wondering Andre if there's any where to put suggestions regarding the soft refurb? I'd like to suggest that , I don't trust the portable grab bar I bought , we will be at POFQ DEC 2018, I really hope they add that, it really should be standard in every hotel /motel anywhere . Just wondering if they take any suggestions. I don't like any other moderates and our AKL trip is too expensive to do again , please POFQ install a shower bar

Folks on FB are saying that POFQ is switching from individual shampoo/conditioner/body gel to a rack in the shower holding full sized pump bottles of these items. Anyone there recently who can confirm? I'm not sure how I feel about this change. I tend to avoid these things when I'm at the gym, so not sure it's what I want in my hotel room. I understand it from an environmental/cost savings aspect but I know my DS loves to take those travel sized bottles home and use them on other trips.

Folks on FB are saying that POFQ is switching from individual shampoo/conditioner/body gel to a rack in the shower holding full sized pump bottles of these items. Anyone there recently who can confirm? I'm not sure how I feel about this change. I tend to avoid these things when I'm at the gym, so not sure it's what I want in my hotel room. I understand it from an environmental/cost savings aspect but I know my DS loves to take those travel sized bottles home and use them on other trips.
We left there Saturday and we left with our Disney Sea Salt travel size bath products.:D

i hope thats not true, i feel the same way

I can't imagine them doing this with shampoo and such. That's just unsanitary. You never know who's opened the bottles.

That's just unsanitary. You never know who's opened the bottles.
I'm not saying I want them to change or not (I honestly don't mind as I bring my own), but there is such a thing a tamper-proof. And, I mean, do you use the ketchup bottles or salt shakers in restaurants? You also don't know who's opened those bottles.

I'm not saying I want them to change or not (I honestly don't mind as I bring my own), but there is such a thing a tamper-proof. And, I mean, do you use the ketchup bottles or salt shakers in restaurants? You also don't know who's opened those bottles.
Point taken, but when I'm paying $200+/ night for a resort, I at least feel entitled new toiletries, not communal squirt bottles regardless of whether or not I brought my own. We've been sharing condiments for decades, we expect it. Sharing bathroom products is what I'd expect in a public restroom. It's not industry standard, it's just cheapining the experience.
Just my opinion. I love Disney, but I won't agree with every move they make.

I can't imagine them doing this with shampoo and such. That's just unsanitary. You never know who's opened the bottles.
I agree If this is true I would be interested to hear if they accommodate requests for individual bottles.

DH and I loved the splash area. We don't have kids so we would just walk through pretending we were looking for imaginary kids. That sounds creepy. But seriously, it is such a fun area and cruise ships have spray zones for all sorts of passengers. It was way more refreshing than the tepid pool when we were there in July.

It's not industry standard, it's just cheapining the experience.
Well, I'd argue it's not the standard here, but maybe it is elsewhere? I know when we went to Germany in 2009, both our hotels in Munich and Berlin had "body wash/shampoo all-in-one" dispensers in the shower, not a single bar of soap in sight. Maybe some big heads somewhere in management saw this somewhere and thought it might be a good idea for the Disney resorts.

Sorry for being so argumentative. We all love Disney, and we just all want to have a good experience!

In a room at riverside they have those refillable shampoos on the shower wall , the files too big won't let me post the pic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts