Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry if I’m missing it, but is there a map showing any designated smoking areas at POFQ?
If you go to the MAPS section of the Disney Site, click on Port Orleans FQ, the drill down, you will see some little blue bubbles that don't have any icons next to them...click on them and some of them are marking the smoking areas

EDITED: Forgot to say to click on GUEST SERVICES under Activities pull down...otherwise it shows EVERYTHING!....sorry.

Trying to get acclimated to my "new" home... food court questions. I'm finding 6A to midnight, is that accurate? And are those the hours for refillable mugs, too?

TIA!

Trying to get acclimated to my "new" home... food court questions. I'm finding 6A to midnight, is that accurate? And are those the hours for refillable mugs, too?

TIA!
Yes that's accurate for the food court. The drinks stations used to close but I believe with the rapidfill stations now one side is left open 24 hours. Hopefully someone who's been more recently will confirm this - if not I'll be there on Thursday to check!

We will be there in 12! It’s beautiful, especially at night. Every time I think of staying somewhere else, I can’t bring myself to.

I've walked around the resort a fair amount when I stayed at POR, but it's going to be such a great experience to actually stay there. POR is my second favorite resort now, after AKL, so we'll see if POFQ changes things!

Thanks, Realfoodfans! That's been one of our gripes - with Rapidfill, why NOT 24 hours? Would love to hear your findings - enjoy your trip!

Did anyone else get that email about the rooms being renovated? I thought they were beautiful last time I was there, though it's been two years now. I wonder if they're just touching things up or if they'll look different?

Did anyone else get that email about the rooms being renovated? I thought they were beautiful last time I was there, though it's been two years now. I wonder if they're just touching things up or if they'll look different?

here's the schedule for renovation, seems pretty extensive - probably pulling up carpeting and changing out bed linen decor:
This is from a Andre's terrific website (http://www.portorleans.org/) devoted to the Port Orleans resorts:​

The planned dates for the upcoming Port Orleans French Quarter guest room soft-goods refurbishment project are as follows. Please remember that this schedule may be subject to minor changes:

Building 2 — Jan 6 – Feb 9, 2018
Building 3 — Jan 23 – Feb 25, 2018
Building 1 — Feb 10 – Mar 13, 2018
Building 5 — Feb 26 – Mar 31, 2018
Building 4 — Mar 14 – Apr 16, 2018
Building 6 — Apr 1 – May 4, 2018
Building 7 — Apr 17 – May 20, 2018​

coming back to FQ....we were booked at POP but my heart is in FQ...found the way to afford the upgrade...9 nights ....I cannot wait

Same with us. We were going to be at POP for 9 nights in April but we got offered an offer we couldn't refuse to upgrade to POFQ. So we are staying there instead. It will be my first time staying on property and my husband's first time to WDW so I'm hoping for the best.

I had also booked POP (trying to save a little $), but once I mentioned that POFQ was one of the TA choices, my DW and DDs made it clear(crystal) that I had to change the reservation to POFQ:rotfl2:
Ummm I'm in the same boat haha, booked at Pop but really hoping I can swing POFQ! My pin code has it at $212/night for POFQ but I'm hoping to find it on priceline closer to my dates.

Less than 2 weeks! I'm ready for some muffuletta!

Does anyone know if POFQ will have characters on Halloween? We'll get to the hotel around 8 pm so it may already be too late anyway

Just 72 hours and counting...:hourglass

Weather looks rainy for Sunday through Tuesday, but I really hope those mid-70's hold for the rest of the week!!!

Can someone tell me how to fax room requests to POFQ? Is there a form? I have never faxed a request. Our most important request is to be near the main building and on the ground floor. My DH has difficulty walking but insists on trying it this time without a scooter (stubborn lol. o_O Would my requests be better for close to transportation and ground floor or for a specific building? We are in a standard view room with queen beds because there were no king rooms available. Thanks in advance for any advice

Can someone tell me how to fax room requests to POFQ? Is there a form? I have never faxed a request. Our most important request is to be near the main building and on the ground floor. My DH has difficulty walking but insists on trying it this time without a scooter (stubborn lol. o_O Would my requests be better for close to transportation and ground floor or for a specific building? We are in a standard view room with queen beds because there were no king rooms available. Thanks in advance for any advice
There is great information on the Port Orleans website that Andrew manages. No form just advice on timing (3-5 days out) and information. I faxed on Saturday for our arrival tomorrow- will feedback how successful/not it was - obviously just requests for pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter