Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from our Disney vacation. We stayed 2 nt's here. We stayed in Building 3 rm 3132 it was a corner room next to the gift shop. If closeness to transportation and the main building is a priority this would be a great location. I found it to be a little loud do to proximity to the main building and pool. Not complaints as we weren't in the room but to sleep. I enjoyed it but it's not as quite as Riverside was. Requested early check in didn't receive a room ready text until 3:02pm, but I did receive my corner room request.
FYI if hasn't been posted on this thread........THERE ARE NO ALARM CLOCKS in the room.

Call Housekeeping and they will bring you one. I did this without any problems.

Yeah GF didn't have them either. Sorry but in the middle of the night I want to just roll over and look at the time not have to fumble for my phone. What can I say I'm spoiled.
That is what bothered me the most our last trip. I hate it when I wake up and cant glance at the time.

Just back from our Disney vacation. We stayed 2 nt's here. We stayed in Building 3 rm 3132 it was a corner room next to the gift shop. If closeness to transportation and the main building is a priority this would be a great location. I found it to be a little loud do to proximity to the main building and pool. Not complaints as we weren't in the room but to sleep. I enjoyed it but it's not as quite as Riverside was. Requested early check in didn't receive a room ready text until 3:02pm, but I did receive my corner room request.
FYI if hasn't been posted on this thread........THERE ARE NO ALARM CLOCKS in the room.

I bought a travel alarm clock for this reason, they were like 12 bucks on Amazon. (while I can survive without a clock in the room, I don't think my inlaws can so it's part of their "you're going to Disney survival kit" Christmas present)

I’m SO happy I found this thread! We are planning our first WDW trip, and are seriously considering POFQ! We are Disneyland vets, and are a little overwhelmed with how much more planning we will need to do. We are obsessed with planning! Hahah But it pays off, as My DD was able to Open the DL park at our last Christmas visit. I’m looking for all information about POFQ. I feel like for the price point, this is our best bet! Our trip will be November 23-November 30 2018, as this was our most favorite time to go Home to DL. We are driving from our home state of TX, so any information about the bus situation and how they work, getting you to the park for Rope Drop would be appreciated!!! Does anyone have any favorite room locations? We should be putting that deposit in the next few days (pending vacation approval from DH) I’m SO EXCITED Y’ALL

I’m SO happy I found this thread! We are planning our first WDW trip, and are seriously considering POFQ! We are Disneyland vets, and are a little overwhelmed with how much more planning we will need to do. We are obsessed with planning! Hahah But it pays off, as My DD was able to Open the DL park at our last Christmas visit. I’m looking for all information about POFQ. I feel like for the price point, this is our best bet! Our trip will be November 23-November 30 2018, as this was our most favorite time to go Home to DL. We are driving from our home state of TX, so any information about the bus situation and how they work, getting you to the park for Rope Drop would be appreciated!!! Does anyone have any favorite room locations? We should be putting that deposit in the next few days (pending vacation approval from DH) I’m SO EXCITED Y’ALL

Have you read the first page? Have you visited http://www.portorleans.org?

There is one bus stop and it starts running in plenty of time to make regular rope drop and EMH. It will share with POR during less busy times but that probably won't be in effect for your dates ;)

I'm staying there late January. Last June we were at POR and I walked over for beignets. FQ is just gorgeous and I knew that staying there was in my future.
Oh, I'm in Tx, too!

Have you read the first page? Have you visited http://www.portorleans.org?

There is one bus stop and it starts running in plenty of time to make regular rope drop and EMH. It will share with POR during less busy times but that probably won't be in effect for your dates ;)

I'm staying there late January. Last June we were at POR and I walked over for beignets. FQ is just gorgeous and I knew that staying there was in my future.
Oh, I'm in Tx, too!
I did read the post, and it sounds like a lovely resort! We just move tonTX from Washington state. I LOVVVVVVVEEEEE being a day(ish) drive from WDW!

I just came back from a trip at Art of Animation where the bus service was pretty terrible. Insane lines and long waits for buses really impacted our enjoyment of the day.

I've heard good things about POFQ and it's bus service. For people that stay here frequently, would you say the bus service for this resort is any better than other resorts?

I just came back from a trip at Art of Animation where the bus service was pretty terrible. Insane lines and long waits for buses really impacted our enjoyment of the day.

I've heard good things about POFQ and it's bus service. For people that stay here frequently, would you say the bus service for this resort is any better than other resorts?
No. Honestly, bus service is the same property wide. It's great at times, it's bad at times. Sometimes you hit a bad cycle and find it bad your entire trip, that's just bad luck. Sometimes you hit a great cycle and find it good the entire trip and it's good luck. Most of the time, it's a mix of both.
We always fly and never rent a car. So we use the buses a lot. We rarely wait a long time no matter where we stay (and we've stayed everywhere), but there are always a few exceptions, though if I were to have a timer on it, I'd have to be honest and say the time is truly less than my mind makes it out to be. Waits always feel worse than they are.

No. Honestly, bus service is the same property wide. It's great at times, it's bad at times. Sometimes you hit a bad cycle and find it bad your entire trip, that's just bad luck. Sometimes you hit a great cycle and find it good the entire trip and it's good luck. Most of the time, it's a mix of both.
We always fly and never rent a car. So we use the buses a lot. We rarely wait a long time no matter where we stay (and we've stayed everywhere), but there are always a few exceptions, though if I were to have a timer on it, I'd have to be honest and say the time is truly less than my mind makes it out to be. Waits always feel worse than they are.

I guess we hit a pretty bad cycle on our trip haha. We frequently waited 30+ minutes just for a single bus to show up to go to a park. We always dreaded the end of the night because of the huge lines. That was more expected with being at a resort like Art of Animation but it was just a bit more frustrating seeing how long it would take for each bus to show up with so many people waiting.

We are officially booked at POFQ for 11/2-11/4 through an agency exclusive deal. Then we move to BWV on rented points for 11/4-11/11. I specifically didn't book the entire trip at BWV because I wanted the agency exclusive park tickets which are much cheaper (and you can't get unless you book a room) and I've always wanted to try POFQ so it seemed like the perfect time to do it. It'll be our first mother daughter (she will be 12) trip and we are SUPER excited!!

Last edited:
I put in a request for Building 4, Close to Bus Stop. If we don't get it I won't care. The resort is small enough but I thought it was worth a try.

I assume the rooms will be all renovated by November 2018 so I didn't thing putting in "renovated room" was necessary.

I put in a request for Building 4, Close to Bus Stop. If we don't get it I won't care. The resort is small enough but I thought it was worth a try.

I assume the rooms will be all renovated by November 2018 so I didn't thing putting in "renovated room" was necessary.
The renovation is to be done by Spring so you should be ok. We have had rooms in all buildings but #4 and all were close. ( usually booked Riverview on most trips and Building 4 doesn't overlook the river).

This has been a problem at every resort for the couple weeks. I have seen posts in every resort FAQ thread from people who just got home or are there now saying the exact same thing. WDW doesn't only have a shortage of housekeepers but bus drivers also. They've upped the sign on bonus for both but no relief in sight yet.

I guess we hit a pretty bad cycle on our trip haha. We frequently waited 30+ minutes just for a single bus to show up to go to a park. We always dreaded the end of the night because of the huge lines. That was more expected with being at a resort like Art of Animation but it was just a bit more frustrating seeing how long it would take for each bus to show up with so many people waiting.

Wow, that's rough! We just stayed at AOA in mid-November and never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus (normally much less). Even returning from MK after fireworks, it only took about 15 minutes to board. I think you had some pretty bad luck. I'm thinking about doing POFQ for our next trip in Dec. 2018, and just hope the bus service is as good as AOA was.

The renovation is to be done by Spring so you should be ok. We have had rooms in all buildings but #4 and all were close. ( usually booked Riverview on most trips and Building 4 doesn't overlook the river).

Sounds great. DD and i are healthy and have no mobility issues so we don’t mind walking. Even after a long park day. I just put the request as a maybe. We’re only there for two nights but I’m excited to try it out.

Sounds great. DD and i are healthy and have no mobility issues so we don’t mind walking. Even after a long park day. I just put the request as a maybe. We’re only there for two nights but I’m excited to try it out.
The furthest room from the bus stop is still a pretty short walk (comparable to pretty much all other resorts) at POFQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter