Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

at CBR there are like 4 stops around the resort. so depending on where you are you might have a spot or not on the bus...and since we will be traveling on our fall trip with someone in a scooter or wheelchair that will add some things to the bus.

As POFQ is such a small resort there is only one place you get the bus from although to allow as many buses as possible in at the one time there are two different places to queue. On the occasions we were there very few people used mobility scooters (and didn't see any wheelchairs) and so anyone who did show with additional transportation requirements were able to get on and off without too much trouble. Lots of families with big buggies and while these obviously took up a fair amount of space, didn't interfere with anyone who had a scooter.

Mrs TT

FQ and riverside share busses right? How bad do they get? We have stayed at CBR and CS and while we like those resorts the bus system with the multi stop thing has gotten to us that we hate how crowded it gets and the many stops. We just stayed at Yacht and it was not horrible even when crowded.
We just left FQ, we stayed Sat-Sat and never shared a bus once.

As POFQ is such a small resort there is only one place you get the bus from although to allow as many buses as possible in at the one time there are two different places to queue. On the occasions we were there very few people used mobility scooters (and didn't see any wheelchairs) and so anyone who did show with additional transportation requirements were able to get on and off without too much trouble. Lots of families with big buggies and while these obviously took up a fair amount of space, didn't interfere with anyone who had a scooter.

Mrs TT

I am fully aware of how the scooter thing works...its was more of like at CBR if you were the 4th stop and the bus already took on someone who had a scooter you were waiting for the next bus to come....that is what I am trying to avoid.

Hi all! Very excited to be planning my first mom daughter trip for this November. ( Thanksgiving week) I know this is a very crowded time, but we have done Christmas week, New Years, and week up to 4th of July, so we can handle it. :) At least we won't have the summer heat to deal with!
We stayed at Port Orleans in 1994, when my DD was 8, before it was renamed FQ. My mobility has diminished somewhat since then due to back problems. ( on our last trip I used a scooter from BW to Food and Wine) I am going to try this trip without a scooter since it is only for 4.5 days. We have a Pool/Garden view and I would like a relatively quiet room, but not too far from bus stop. I usually request top floor. Any recommendations? I know everything is close together here and I remember loving that about this hotel. It's also a reason I love WL. Looking forward to reading this thread and hanging out with you knowledgeable and helpful people! :)

I am fully aware of how the scooter thing works...its was more of like at CBR if you were the 4th stop and the bus already took on someone who had a scooter you were waiting for the next bus to come....that is what I am trying to avoid.

Well at POFQ there is only ONE bus stop. So if you walk up to it, and there are already people waiting with mobility scooters, yeah, you might have to wait for the next bus. But there's no unpleasant surprise at finding out that there's no room for your scooter at the 2nd or 3rd or 4th bus stop. Because there is only one. ;)

Quick questions about the rooms at POR-FQ?
Coffee Maker - What size carafe? (i.e., How many cups?) Flat bottom or cone filters?
Mini-fridge? Microwave?

Quick questions about the rooms at POR-FQ?
Coffee Maker - What size carafe? (i.e., How many cups?) Flat bottom or cone filters?
Mini-fridge? Microwave?
When we stayed at POFQ in January we had a fridge but no microwave. The coffee maker didn't have a jug. It had two water reservoirs that heat the water and fed into individual mugs. Housekeeping left sealed filter pods of Joffrey's coffee.

Mrs TT

When we stayed at POFQ in January we had a fridge but no microwave. The coffee maker didn't have a jug. It had two water reservoirs that heat the water and fed into individual mugs. Housekeeping left sealed filter pods of Joffrey's coffee.

Mrs TT
Yeah, and don't forget to put the cup under the reservoir.... I forgot (twice!!) ...luckily they have the coffee pot on a tray, so the brewed scalding coffee was contained, but what a mess!! :rolleyes1

Hi all! Very excited to be planning my first mom daughter trip for this November. ( Thanksgiving week) I know this is a very crowded time, but we have done Christmas week, New Years, and week up to 4th of July, so we can handle it. :) At least we won't have the summer heat to deal with!
We stayed at Port Orleans in 1994, when my DD was 8, before it was renamed FQ. My mobility has diminished somewhat since then due to back problems. ( on our last trip I used a scooter from BW to Food and Wine) I am going to try this trip without a scooter since it is only for 4.5 days. We have a Pool/Garden view and I would like a relatively quiet room, but not too far from bus stop. I usually request top floor. Any recommendations? I know everything is close together here and I remember loving that about this hotel. It's also a reason I love WL. Looking forward to reading this thread and hanging out with you knowledgeable and helpful people! :)
We stayed Thanksgiving week at FQ in 2017 and loved it. The resort never felt crowded or busy. The busses were never real crowded and quite efficient overall. We were in a first floor room, in building 3, we had requested top floor in this building, but we really thought it was quiet. We had standard view. I think building 4 is even closer to lobby area and bus stops and they have Garden view I think, don’t quote me. We have stayed here 3 times and each time has been very nice. I also travel with my dd.

Pool view rooms are in building 2 or 5. Garden can be in any of the 7 buildings . The website www.portorleans.org has room layout maps for all the buildings. Building 4 is the closest to the bus stop. It along with building 3 are closest to the lobby .

Really excited to stay here again the week after Thanksgiving! Fingers crossed that it'll be warm enough to swim, but at least I'll be able to hot tub. It'll be my second solo stay at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter