Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I did wonder why you quoted the whole first post, but as luck would have it I noticed that I never changed the room refurb info for the latest updates. I must get that done.

Andre
I'm not so good at this, I didn't know where it would show up, my bad :)

About to book French quarter and very excited! Any recommendations on making a comment on booking to choose a room? My ideal would be next to the bus stop?

What should we do on arrival night ?

We get to POFQ about 10 PM on DME
We will have our own luggage on the DME bus
We will be in building 3 or 4 facing the bus stop or parking lot - Standard view
But there is no balcony - so who cares? As long as we have an upper floor, I am fine with the room

We will unpack a bit, takes 20 minutes or less - And make sure there are no bugs in in the room.
Should we take a walk around the resort ? We have never stayed there. Will we get lost at night ?
Should we go to the food court and check it out ?

What time do places shut down at POFQ ?
Food court open at 10:30 PM ?
Gift shop open at 10:30 PM?

It will be mid-November

What time do places shut down at POFQ ?
Food court open at 10:30 PM ?
Gift shop open at 10:30 PM?

It will be mid-November

They closed at 11 when I was last there. The bar is open until 12 iirc.

I think it’s lovely to walk around at night. It has a great ambiance.

The resort is small so there is no chance of getting lost. (I stayed at a Disney Springs hotel for a night and once could not figure out how to get back to my car the hallways were so confusing).

I would drop my stuff, get a drink, and enjoy the start to vacation.

About to book French quarter and very excited! Any recommendations on making a comment on booking to choose a room? My ideal would be next to the bus stop?

I stayed there in February this year. I had requested a room "close to the bus stop" and I eventally got a corner room on the top level of the far side of building 3. I'm not sure if that was honouring my request or not! Looking at the map, I think it was probably in the 50% of rooms further away from the bus stop. But actually, it was fine, and I in retrospect felt embarrassed about having requested that. It was about a 3-minute walk from the bus loop, 2 minutes from the food court. I know at the end of the long day, every second is painful on the feet! But it's a very compact resort, and very pretty too. I was very happy. I can't imagine that any room would be any more than a 5 minute walk away from the bus stop.

Does anyone know what kind of fridge you get in the room? I generally stay at DVCs but we used up our points... we are currently staying at Coronado and the fridge is small with a glass front... (I can't seem to get a picture link in here) We are staying at POFQ in January for a week and wonder if the fridge will fit our groceries.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know what kind of fridge you get in the room? I generally stay at DVCs but we used up our points... we are currently staying at Coronado and the fridge is small with a glass front... (I can't seem to get a picture link in here) We are staying at POFQ in January for a week and wonder if the fridge will fit our groceries.

Thanks in advance!

PO.org-Guest-swd-20180211-134109_large.jpg

Is it just me or is there next to nothing actually available to mobile order? Seems to just be one sandwich for breakfast!

I just booked French Qtr for our 50th anniversary in February as well was my DH birthday the week we will be there! I am so excited. I've wanted to stay here forever. The food court looks fabulous and we can hardly wait! He will have had both knee replaced before then and hope all goes well so he can walk without pain!!

Just booked POFQ for an early February stay for my husband and I. The last time we stayed at POFQ the lobby was under complete renovation so it’s been awhile. Have the guest rooms been renovated recently? Just read a thread with some pictures of a very worn out guest room at POR and was hoping POFQ was updated!

Just booked POFQ for an early February stay for my husband and I. The last time we stayed at POFQ the lobby was under complete renovation so it’s been awhile. Have the guest rooms been renovated recently? Just read a thread with some pictures of a very worn out guest room at POR and was hoping POFQ was updated!

I stayed there in February 2018 and the resort was just coming to the end of a refurbishment program. I got a refurbished room, but surprised there was no bathtub, just a shower. I don't believe that's usual though. [EDIT. Sorry, I got mixed up between POFQand PC! My room at POFQ in 2019 was refurbished and had a tub]

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter