Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Following...I would like to know the same thing. Third floor sounds nice, but no elevators...

There are elevators, but they're not always convenient. Depending on the building, the elevator can be at the far side of the building from the front of the resort. On our first stay, it was quicker to go up the stairs 2 flights to our room (1341) than it was to take the elevator. Second stay, we were ground floor, so no need for either. Not sure where we'll be for third stay yet.

Depending on the building, the elevator can be at the far side of the building from the front of the resort.

There are three 'wings' to each French Quarter building, and the elevators are located as centrally as possible given the two-thirds/one-third layout constraints on most of the buildings.

For example, building 6:

Andre

Yep, and in buildings 1, 2, 4 and 5, that's 2/3rds of the building away from the front lobby, right before a 90 degree turn in the building, so effectively, the far end of the building, depending on how you look at it. It's not a huge difference, as it takes like what, 45 seconds longer to walk that far? Maybe a full minute if you meander? Just saying it's not like a Marriott or something where your elevators are always the best choice, because they're right front and centre.

Staying here for the first part of our honeymoon trip next month. How have the buses been to DHS in the morning, what time are they starting?
When we were there the first week of March, they began at 645 the day we were going to Hollywood Studios for an 8am opening. When we went to Magic Kingdom for a regular 9am opening we got on one at 815, and people said they had missed an earlier one. We boarded Animal Kingdom for an 8am opening at 715, and I believe it was also the second bus at least. For an 8am Epcot opening, we boarded at 7. Our buses to and from French Quarter were not shared with Riverside at park openings and closings, but when we came/went back after a mid day break, they were. FQ was the first pick up and first drop off. In the mornings they run more often than every 20 minutes-there was an attendant there radioing busses when they were needed, even after one had just ran a few minutes earlier. I give bus service there a solid "A".

We just return home from a first time - 6-night stay at POFQ. We enjoyed the resort very much.
- We got there about 1:00 and our room was not ready, not surprised. However at 3:10 it still was not ready.
+ Amazing Brandon at the front desk got us a better room (location wise) AND 3 magic FPs for each of us. We were in room 4129 a small10 yards from the main building and super close to the bus stop.
+ All the hot rides were blocked so I picked EPCOT. We had a fp for Frozen ( the only one blocked) so we used them on Soarin, Test Track and preferred viewing for Epcot Forever. I also grabbed another Soarin when we used our original 3.
- We didn’t get to use the pool - cool evenings.
- We didn’t think the food options were that great at Sassagula. We stayed at ASMo back in September and thought their options were better.
Will we stay there again? Maybe. We’ve stayed in all 4 Moderates. FQ is our #1 of the 4.

Reactions: DLo
Staying here for the first part of our honeymoon trip next month. How have the buses been to DHS in the morning, what time are they starting?
Earlier than the posted 45 mins before park opening. Not sure how much earlier but I’d say more than an hour - before 7:00AM
We did choose to drive to HS and Epcot however.

Earlier than the posted 45 mins before park opening. Not sure how much earlier but I’d say more than an hour - before 7:00AM
We did choose to drive to HS and Epcot however.

That's good. I probably won't be able to get there now as coming from the UK. Will be continuing to see what happens an how long the ban is going to be.

That's good. I probably won't be able to get there now as coming from the UK. Will be continuing to see what happens an how long the ban is going to be.
So sorry that so many people are having their Disney trips ruined. The only reason we went this past week is our DD has early Spring break - mid-way in a 16 week semester. Another DD and SiL were booked for a week at Bay Lake Tower week after next. We can only hope that this thing can be stopped sooner than predictions.

So sorry that so many people are having their Disney trips ruined. The only reason we went this past week is our DD has early Spring break - mid-way in a 16 week semester. Another DD and SiL were booked for a week at Bay Lake Tower week after next. We can only hope that this thing can be stopped sooner than predictions.

Hopefully. DisneyUK is offering anyone who had been booked up until the end of June a refund or moving the booking free of charge up until July 2021. Trying to decide what to do as we do also have DVC membership but we need to wait as well re flights and just how long this whole thing is going on! I'm pretty certain we won't be travelling as planned on the end of April and just hope now we will still be able to have our wedding, or if we can move that without losing all our payments.

Hi all. Does POFQ have a bar anywhere? Thanks!
They used to have two, one next to the pool and one inside off of the lobby. I say used to because we stayed there in 2016 and they were still around but I have been surprised before by changes so.....

They were both still there in Feb '19. Haven't used either, so can't speak to the quality of them.

I just booked our first trip at POFQ yesterday. I've been to WDW many, many times, but usually stay at FW.

On the Disney web site, it says Scat Cat's Club and Mardi Grogs are both still there.

j

They used to have two, one next to the pool and one inside off of the lobby. I say used to because we stayed there in 2016 and they were still around but I have been surprised before by changes so.....
The pool bar Mardi Grog's was there as of 11/19. Hours varied due to weather conditions & bartender . The inside lounge Scat Cat's was moved from the old location ( which is now where you get the beignets) in Fall 2019. It is now located in the old TS location , Bonfamille's. There were Jazz performers 4 to 5 nights a week as of our visit. Only tables, no seats at the bar. As of our visit no TVs either. Hopefully that had changed or will once the resort reopens

Sorry, I stayed there in 2012 not 2016 but it's nice to know they're still there. I commented on pools at the Poly and they had done a remodel at the quiet pool and I was way wrong so I'm hesitant in my advice these days.

We have stayed here twice and it is by far my husbands favorite moderate resort and really favorite period! We love the serenity and beauty of the resort and the boat that takes you to Disney Springs. The busses for most part are really good and we love going to get the beignets for breakfast. :)

HI everyone just changed from CBR to POFQ, very excited we have never stayed POFQ bc it was always excluded from discounts before.
Had a couple questions.

1) Are there coke freestyle machines near the pool or in any of the buildings like CBR or are the drink machines only in the food court? Do the machines have any powerade options?

2) Is POFQ the first stop for the buses going to the parks? Does it normally share with POR? WE have trips booked late Aug and mid Dec.

3) Am I reading it right that all the buildings have elevators? I will be on a scooter and have a river view booked so needed to know if I need to request first floor..

Thanks for your help!

@bluejasmine
1) The pool is very close to the food court, but we didn't use the pool so I'm not 100% sure
2) Generally POFQ has its own bus service from POR, some time during the mid day they are shared, but they go to POFQ first, our trip in Feb 2020 we only experienced shared bus once but it was on our was back so we never went through POR.
3) They all do, that said my wife used a scooter and being on the 1st floor was nice not having to deal with using the elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!