Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

What time does the food court open at POR? Can someone direct me to a menu that would show what is available there for breakfast that I could use a snack credit from DDP to pay?

Hi! We just booked our trip for May/June 2018! We have not been to WDW since 2009 and it'll be my youngest dd's first trip, plus my oldest dd's high school graduation present and dh and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary LOL Middle dd, well she went when she was 4 and does not remember a whole lot, so I suspect this trip will be amazing for her too!

We have only stayed at Coronado Springs, and everyone complains how big it is, do you think POR is bigger, small or same? We are staying in Riverside, we have a family of 5. I hope that they will take our request of a bottom floor due to my daughters diagnosis as stairs are not our friend. We have been not so patiently waiting for 2018 to open up lol so when they came live yesterday I started really checking into dates and prices. We are considering APs but have not fully decided so for now I booked the room and tickets :)

Has anyone been recently and noticed if the food court had the Create your own Pasta? I don't see it on the menu on Disney's website anymore.

Just booked here for after our Cruise next summer! Excited to stay here again, as it's been updated since our stay in 2010.

Has anyone been recently and noticed if the food court had the Create your own Pasta? I don't see it on the menu on Disney's website anymore.

Yes, it's still there. The WDW website hasn't listed it for about a year thought.

Andre

Hi! We just booked our trip for May/June 2018! We have not been to WDW since 2009 and it'll be my youngest dd's first trip, plus my oldest dd's high school graduation present and dh and I will celebrate our 18th anniversary LOL Middle dd, well she went when she was 4 and does not remember a whole lot, so I suspect this trip will be amazing for her too!

We have only stayed at Coronado Springs, and everyone complains how big it is, do you think POR is bigger, small or same? We are staying in Riverside, we have a family of 5. I hope that they will take our request of a bottom floor due to my daughters diagnosis as stairs are not our friend. We have been not so patiently waiting for 2018 to open up lol so when they came live yesterday I started really checking into dates and prices. We are considering APs but have not fully decided so for now I booked the room and tickets :)

Contact the resort directly and explain the reason for your room request (phone, fax, email). You can upgrade your tickets to an AP after first use once you are there if you so desire.

Does anyone know the order of the bus stops at POR? In other words, which depot is picked up first, second, etc.?

Thank you so much.

We are heading back *home* to POR in December! DH and I just booked our flights for one more trip before our APs expire, and we asked DD where she would choose to stay. She emphatically said POR because "the river is so peaceful and the pool is awesome". She especially loves the traffic lights on the water slide at the pool (I had no idea these existed!).

Booked for October 7th to the 13th of this year! Pretty excited because my dad turns 70 the day before we get there and it will be his first trip since taking me as a little boy. Also it'll be his first trip with my 1yo son!

Just got back from a 6 night stay in a Royal Room. We were in Patarre Place in a garden view that faced the river.
The walk was pretty long. I think a half mile to both the east and south depot. The buses were not bad. Nothing to compare them to though since this was our only Disney trip. But we never waited more that 10 mins coming or going. Most of the time it was under 5 mins. Some days leaving the park the French Quarter bus would be faster for various reasons so we would take that and walk. It was .6 miles instead of .5 so not really much different. If we had a mug with us we would fill up there since they have freestyle machines with more (better) drink options.

The beds were plain but we didn't mind, the room was still really cute.
Good stay overall.

Oh...so we booked a Royal Guest room last night for Oct 2018 and the walk didn't look that bad on a map. Maybe we were spoiled by the Polynesian, where there were 2 minute walks.

Oh...so we booked a Royal Guest room last night for Oct 2018 and the walk didn't look that bad on a map. Maybe we were spoiled by the Polynesian, where there were 2 minute walks.

Some walks are really close, rooms directly next to the footbridge that leads to the main building. Others (especially Standard Royal Rooms) can be a little further away, but none more than about 6 minutes walk from the main building.

Andre

2 questions:
1) I have a diet coke addict in my family, but since our last stay they've given up caffeine and only drink the decaf diet coke. Based on a picture I saw online, it looks like that is a drink option that it available, but it was a pretty old picture--can anyone who has been there recently confirm or deny?
2) I'm a recent convert to coffee over tea, and last time I stayed I never tried the coffee. I've seen one person in this thread say the coffee is bad, but I'm wondering if everyone agrees?

Hi, speaking of coffee, I posted this question on the restaurant board, but this may be a better place to post it. Does anyone know what beverages at breakfast in the Riverside Mill qualify for a QS beverage? Could I get a cappuccino, or would that also require using a snack credit in addition to a QS credit for the food?

2 questions:
1) I have a diet coke addict in my family, but since our last stay they've given up caffeine and only drink the decaf diet coke. Based on a picture I saw online, it looks like that is a drink option that it available, but it was a pretty old picture--can anyone who has been there recently confirm or deny?
2) I'm a recent convert to coffee over tea, and last time I stayed I never tried the coffee. I've seen one person in this thread say the coffee is bad, but I'm wondering if everyone agrees?

2) Coffee used to be Nescafe....:crazy2: They've switched to Joffery's which is better. Not the best but at least drinkable. Coffee has always been better in the restaurants than in the rooms. Not sure if they use a different level of grind if it's the filtered water. Personally if I'm making coffee in Florida I'm using bottled water. (and I generally bring my own coffee)

Booked for October 7th to the 13th of this year! Pretty excited because my dad turns 70 the day before we get there and it will be his first trip since taking me as a little boy. Also it'll be his first trip with my 1yo son!

We arrive on the 7th as well! It will be here before we know it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!