Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone please verify if both the Magnolia Bend and Alligator Bayou sections have rooms that sleep 5(2 queen beds and 1 pull-down child bed)? We've been getting conflicting information from different WDW cast members. Has anyone physically been in any of these rooms recently and can confirm? Thanks!!!
Magnolia Bend does not have rooms that sleep five. Only Alligator Bayou rooms have the extra bed.

Got home yesterday after a loooooong drive back to Atlanta area. I really can't complain as I made it home safely and wasn't having to evacuate my home .

I really enjoyed my stay at POR . Honestly , before I left , I was leery about the size and bus service but once I got there those fears were dismissed . The only times I had a long wait for a bus were times I expected - going back to the parks after a mid day break . This did not bother me as I expected this. In fact , I felt the bus service was more timely than my Beach Club stay last October . Granted the multiple stops do make the trip longer . I was at the North Stop ( note - the screens with expected arrival times were not working during my stay ) .

I requested top floor , corner room . I was on room 8406 Acadian House Building 80 Magnolia Bend - standard view. The view was of a roof but I wasn't in the room enough for that to bother me. While I didn't have a corner room , the room was on the end of the row of rooms with no connecting door so a quiet location. There was a storage area for mousekeeping close by but I never heard anything . Oh , and it was on the 3rd floor.

I timed the walk to the pool ( 2 minutes ) and food court ( 4 minutes ) so I feel a convenient location . I only went to the food court once for dinner but the chicken niggets and fries were good .

After my initial hesitation and almost trying to switch to POFQ multiple times ( I got a discount at POR that wasn't available at POFQ ) , in the end , I am glad I didn't switch as I enjoyed the atmosphere at POR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

It appears that the damage to Riverside due to Irma wasn't that bad.

Photo credit to /u/Lyonator from Reddit.

Tg017jr.jpg

These questions have possibly been answered but there are sooooo many pages so I'm going to ask anyway.

Does anyone know if the televisions in the rooms have HDMI outputs? We're thinking of taking our apple tv with us?

Also it's my sons birthday whilst we're there so I'd like to get him a cake and some balloons but don't want him to see them before the day. Is it likely that the luggage storage area would let us leave them there for a day or so?

And finally does anyone know if you can get take away deserts from the Boatwrights restaurant instead of dining in?

Thanks.

Got home yesterday after a loooooong drive back to Atlanta area. I really can't complain as I made it home safely and wasn't having to evacuate my home .

I really enjoyed my stay at POR . Honestly , before I left , I was leery about the size and bus service but once I got there those fears were dismissed . The only times I had a long wait for a bus were times I expected - going back to the parks after a mid day break . This did not bother me as I expected this. In fact , I felt the bus service was more timely than my Beach Club stay last October . Granted the multiple stops do make the trip longer . I was at the North Stop ( note - the screens with expected arrival times were not working during my stay ) .

I requested top floor , corner room . I was on room 8406 Acadian House Building 80 Magnolia Bend - standard view. The view was of a roof but I wasn't in the room enough for that to bother me. While I didn't have a corner room , the room was on the end of the row of rooms with no connecting door so a quiet location. There was a storage area for mousekeeping close by but I never heard anything . Oh , and it was on the 3rd floor.

I timed the walk to the pool ( 2 minutes ) and food court ( 4 minutes ) so I feel a convenient location . I only went to the food court once for dinner but the chicken niggets and fries were good .

After my initial hesitation and almost trying to switch to POFQ multiple times ( I got a discount at POR that wasn't available at POFQ ) , in the end , I am glad I didn't switch as I enjoyed the atmosphere at POR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Glad you had a great stay! You just answered the exact questions I came on here looking for about the walking times to pool and food court!!

These questions have possibly been answered but there are sooooo many pages so I'm going to ask anyway.

Does anyone know if the televisions in the rooms have HDMI outputs? We're thinking of taking our apple tv with us?

Also it's my sons birthday whilst we're there so I'd like to get him a cake and some balloons but don't want him to see them before the day. Is it likely that the luggage storage area would let us leave them there for a day or so?

And finally does anyone know if you can get take away deserts from the Boatwrights restaurant instead of dining in?

Thanks.

We have been there a couple of times for our kids birthdays and actually ordered a cake that was delivered to a restaurant. You could do it that way or have it delivered to your room the day of. We did a pirate theme and got the idea from the cake chatter thread here a few years ago. My son loved it.

If you are planning on buying one ahead of time I'm not sure if they will store that for you or not.

I assume you mean inputs (so you can watch your computer's output on the big TV screen?). If so then yes, there's a break-out - panel with several connectors including an HDMI.

Andre

Anyone else having trouble with online check-in? My online check-in day is today and the drop downs for room requests are greyed out. I realize I have plenty of time to do this, but just curious.

EDITED TO ADD: I switched to IE and I was able to pick choices - just didn't work in Chrome. Weird. Disregard!

Last edited:
We have been there a couple of times for our kids birthdays and actually ordered a cake that was delivered to a restaurant. You could do it that way or have it delivered to your room the day of. We did a pirate theme and got the idea from the cake chatter thread here a few years ago. My son loved it.

If you are planning on buying one ahead of time I'm not sure if they will store that for you or not.

I tried the online cake thing, Disney used to do amazing ones where you could get characters etc printed on them and then have them sent to restaurants. They've changed it now to very basic Mickey shapes and he's special needs so he's verrry particular and won't like them unfortunately so I'm thinking of trying to get one somewhere else. Just can't keep it in the room because otherwise he'll see it. I also want to get some helium balloons but also can't put those in the room until he's asleep the night before.

I assume you mean inputs (so you can watch your computer's output on the big TV screen?). If so then yes, there's a break-out - panel with several connectors including an HDMI.

Andre
Haha yes probably just somewhere to put the HDMI for the Apple TV so that sounds like just the thing. Thank you!!

I tried the online cake thing, Disney used to do amazing ones where you could get characters etc printed on them and then have them sent to restaurants. They've changed it now to very basic Mickey shapes and he's special needs so he's verrry particular and won't like them unfortunately so I'm thinking of trying to get one somewhere else. Just can't keep it in the room because otherwise he'll see it. I also want to get some helium balloons but also can't put those in the room until he's asleep the night before.
Try the Cake Chatter posts in the Restaurant area here. The woman who keeps it updated knows all the ins and outs, she may be able to guide you to something. And yes, I know bout special needs, being a mom of a 26 year old son who has autism and WDW is our escape from reality.
And you can pick it up at the food court when you're ready for it. Sorry, I can't help with the balloons.

Last edited:
Try the Cake Chatter posts in the Restaurant area here. The woman who keeps it updated knows all the ins and outs, she may be able to guide you to something. And yes, I know bout special needs, being a mom of a 26 year old son who has autism and WDW is our escape from reality.
And you can pick it up at the food court when you're ready for it. Sorry, I can't help with the balloons.
Oh thank you I'll see if I can find it!

Anyone else having trouble with online check-in? My online check-in day is today and the drop downs for room requests are greyed out. I realize I have plenty of time to do this, but just curious.

EDITED TO ADD: I switched to IE and I was able to pick choices - just didn't work in Chrome. Weird. Disregard!
I never could get it to pop up, either online or the app. When I called Disney a while back to add a day and update my flight, the CM added my request of the mansions. But we'll be happy no matter where we are placed. We'll just be happy to be back to WDW!

We're due to arrive October 26- bringing DS's girlfriend who hasn't been to Disney since she was a wee one! We were booked at CSR which is one of our favorites, but I kept checking and was able to switch to 2 Royal Rooms for our family. :cheer2:She will be thrilled with that! The Royal rooms are so cute! We were upgraded once and even my 2 DS's thought it was neat there!

Question for your Riverside nerds (my favorite resort by the way). The last few times I've stayed there they have not played the "Here at the Riverside!" song. Was I just unlucky and didn't step into the food court when they were playing it or have they stopped altogether?

We are staying at POR in October. What is the best stop to catch the bus at? We are staying in a Royal Guest Room, so we are limited in which buildings we stay in.

Could someone please clarify, are the boats at POR currently running? We arrive Saturday for 2 nights (first time staying here!) and are very excited to use the boats to Disney Springs. I read something today that said they were out of service due to Irma, but wasn't sure if this was accurate. Thanks!!

Question for your Riverside nerds (my favorite resort by the way). The last few times I've stayed there they have not played the "Here at the Riverside!" song. Was I just unlucky and didn't step into the food court when they were playing it or have they stopped altogether?
We were just there for 2 weeks in August. We were in the food court at various times of the day during our stay. We didn't hear it once. I was okay with that. :D

Could someone please clarify, are the boats at POR currently running? We arrive Saturday for 2 nights (first time staying here!) and are very excited to use the boats to Disney Springs. I read something today that said they were out of service due to Irma, but wasn't sure if this was accurate. Thanks!!

The Green Launch Route, that connects DS to OKW, is temporarily closed due to Irma. There was no report on the Yellow route, which connect POFQ and POR to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter