Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Are there any rooms at Riverside with quieter AC units? The last time I stayed at Riverside the AC was loud and annoying. The compressor would wake me up when it cycled on. Maybe all moderates have this issue?

Are there any rooms at Riverside with quieter AC units? The last time I stayed at Riverside the AC was loud and annoying. The compressor would wake me up when it cycled on. Maybe all moderates have this issue?
We didn't have any noise issues with room 3856

We are debating between Pop Century Preferred room or POR royal guest room for our visit the 1st week of May 2020 to celebrate our daugther's preschool graduation. Does POR royal guest rooms have queen beds? Can you get a royal guest room that is a preferred room closer to the main building and transportation? Does POR share buses with POFQ or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?

Were are debating the same two resorts! Not sure which one we will pick.

We always bring a sound machine when we travel since the kids are used to sleeping with on at home. I know there are a lot of white noise apps out there that might help with being disturbed by sudden noises while at POR.

We are finally here!!! I’m happy to report my requests of building 85, non-connecting room were granted. Our room is great! It is very clean and in great shape. We appreciate the convenient location of the bus stop in comparison to our room and the short walk to the main pool/food court. We truly love this resort!

What dock does the boat from POR drop off at in Disney Springs?

The one next to Rainforest Cafe, accessed from the Saratoga Springs footbridge. You can get a separate internal water taxi to the other Disney Springs docks if you don't want to walk all the way round to the other end of Springs.

Andre

We are finally here!!! I’m happy to report my requests of building 85, non-connecting room were granted. Our room is great! It is very clean and in great shape. We appreciate the convenient location of the bus stop in comparison to our room and the short walk to the main pool/food court. We truly love this resort!
Glad you are enjoying POR! We are requesting building 85 for our November trip too, so we are hoping for the same luck! I have stayed at POR many times and always had my requests granted. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Just booked my sept 2019 trip atPOR. Technically , I was rescheduling this years sept trip since I ended up going in May instead. Now , just the looooooooong wait

The one next to Rainforest Cafe, accessed from the Saratoga Springs footbridge. You can get a separate internal water taxi to the other Disney Springs docks if you don't want to walk all the way round to the other end of Springs.

Andre
Thank you! I was hoping it was on the Rainforest side!

We are debating between Pop Century Preferred room or POR royal guest room for our visit the 1st week of May 2020 to celebrate our daugther's preschool graduation. Does POR royal guest rooms have queen beds? Can you get a royal guest room that is a preferred room closer to the main building and transportation? Does POR share buses with POFQ or do they have their own buses? Does the pool have a water slide?

The Royal rooms do have queen beds.

None of the rooms in the Preferred Room category are Royal Rooms - they are all in Alligator Bayou. The Royal Rooms in Parterre Place near the bridge would be quite close to the main building. The Royal Rooms in Oak Manor are closer to the East Depot bus stop. Definitely take a look at a POR map to see which you would prefer.

Sometimes they share buses.

The pool does have a water slide, and so does the pool at FQ. You can use both!

Hi all - I will be staying in this resort next year and so excited!! Will have small kids so I would like to see which building would be the closest to main lobby as well as buses? I booked a Garden View room. Thanks!

Hi all - I will be staying in this resort next year and so excited!! Will have small kids so I would like to see which building would be the closest to main lobby as well as buses? I booked a Garden View room. Thanks!

It's a very small resort so not a long distance from any building, however building #4 is the closest to both main building food court and busses and not a long walk to boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter