Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hey all, few questions:

1) I’ve booked a preferred room. I know this means buildings 14, 15, 18, or 27. Does this disallow me from making a request for a water or garden view?

2) Do we anticipate preferred rooms will have been refurbished by Sept ‘19?

3) Is there 24/7 access to the RapidFill machines? If not I may need to do grocery delivery just for bottled drinks/water.

TIA

1) I’ve booked a preferred room. I know this means buildings 14, 15, 18, or 27. Does this disallow me from making a request for a water or garden view?

2) Do we anticipate preferred rooms will have been refurbished by Sept ‘19?

3) Is there 24/7 access to the RapidFill machines?

1) You can request a garden view rather than a parking lot view, but the River View and Pool View rooms in 14/15/18/27 are sold under those named categories.
2) Probably - ish.
3) Yes, they try to keep at least one drinks dispenser filled and operating through the night.

Andre

Does POR have the new refillable mugs?
When we arrived on 3/4, they did not... but when we left, they were showing up. However, they also still had the other ones and so the new ones were being snapped up quickly, leaving the other ones as the only option if things hadn’t been refilled recently.

I was just there for over a week. I think I saw 2 people walking leashed dogs on the path. That is literally the only evidence I saw of it being a pet friendly resort.
We were there at the same time. I saw more dogs at the airport than at POR, though we didn’t spend a ton of time at the resort. We were in building 14 (preferred, AB).

Just back from a lovely stay at POR. We were in building 14 - super convenient.

Thanks to tips from this thread, we generally still walked to the West Depot to catch buses - often they were standing only by the time we left the North Depot, so that extra walk was worth it for a seat.

It was our second time at POR - it truly is lovely!

wondering if anyone knows....

Planning to go see yehaa bob on our trip in may, but the wdw website doesn't have his schedule available for that time. does anyone know what nights he plays? TIA!

wondering if anyone knows....

Planning to go see yehaa bob on our trip in may, but the wdw website doesn't have his schedule available for that time. does anyone know what nights he plays? TIA!
Here is his schedule:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=yehaabob@yahoo.com&ctz=America/New_York

I just realized that he won't be playing during our POR stay. I had us watching him on arrival night on Saturday, March 30th. It's our second stay at POR and our previous one, he was also out. We've had just sheer bad luck since he plays most Wednesdays through Saturdays.

Here is his schedule:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=yehaabob@yahoo.com&ctz=America/New_York

I just realized that he won't be playing during our POR stay. I had us watching him on arrival night on Saturday, March 30th. It's our second stay at POR and our previous one, he was also out. We've had just sheer bad luck since he plays most Wednesdays through Saturdays.
thank you so much! I'm sorry you haven't had any luck, though! I decided we are going to go see him instead of doing HDDR (because HDDR is nearly $500 for tier 3 seating for my group!)

Just back from a lovely trip with my daughter. We were there 03/09-03/16 and stayed on the 3rd floor of Acadian House in the Mansion section. Having only stayed in Alligator Bayou before, we were nervous about the location and using the North Depot rather than the West one. My worries were completely unfounded! Hooray!

We loved our room and its proximity to the Lobby/Food Court and the bus depot. We were maybe 5 minutes from the lobby and 3 to the bus depot.

They DID have the new mugs at the food court, but as a previous poster said, they are still selling the older designs. We noticed and purchased TWO new designs (the black one with varying Mickeys and a pink one with Lightening McQueen and Buzz/aliens).

We saw a (small) dog twice in our entire week there. They were both totally silent, leashed, and well-behaved.

Mousekeeping was friendly and lovely, although they consistently forgot something small each day (coffee cup lids - which I got myself from the food court, small towels - no problem, a bar of soap - they left extra the next day).

We were so sad to leave our favourite resort, but we will likely be back sometime in the next year. Sadly, I think our next March Break will be spent at Universal (!!) as my kids are itching to visit there. Sigh. Perhaps we will be able to stay a day or two at POR and spend just part of the week at Universal.

I will say that in all the years I've been visiting WDW in March, I have NEVER seen the parks so so busy and packed. Luckily, we used the refresh method to FP+ every ride and never waited for anything (except 30 minutes, by choice, at the end of the night for Slinky Dog Dash), but I could just imagine someone new to the parks and the waiting they must have done ...

Just back from a lovely trip with my daughter. We were there 03/09-03/16 and stayed on the 3rd floor of Acadian House in the Mansion section. Having only stayed in Alligator Bayou before, we were nervous about the location and using the North Depot rather than the West one. My worries were completely unfounded! Hooray!

Yay! Glad you liked it, it's always nerve-racking trying out a new area when you've enjoyed the other.

We saw a (small) dog twice in our entire week there. They were both totally silent, leashed, and well-behaved.

I've still never seen a pooch when we've stayed there.

I will say that in all the years I've been visiting WDW in March, I have NEVER seen the parks so so busy and packed. Luckily, we used the refresh method to FP+ every ride and never waited for anything (except 30 minutes, by choice, at the end of the night for Slinky Dog Dash), but I could just imagine someone new to the parks and the waiting they must have done ...

Wow, great job! The refresh method is a lifesaver in those circumstances, glad you had a great trip, headed down this summer and hope refresh is still working as well.

Last edited:
Huh? Do you mean getting a fourth FP on the day, after you've used up your first three pre-booked ones? Or is there something else I should know? ;)

Andre

It's getting additional FP+ the MOMENT you scan in the ride from your current FP+ (like, as you're in line). Then, don't believe when the app tells you they don't have FP+ for what you want and WHEN you want. For example, we had just scanned into Space Mountain and wanted to do Buzz next. It was 2:00 pm. The app said they had an 8:20. I booked it and then modified for an earlier time and got 6:15. Modified again and got 3:30. Modified again and got 2:10. So, we went from Space directly onto Buzz. After scanning into Buzz, I immediately got a new FP+. We wanted to head towards FantasyLand, so we did the exact same method and got Teacups for 2:15, Winnie for 2:25, Barnstormer for 2:35, Dumbo for 2:40, Mermaid for 2:50, etc. We literally rode dozens of rides like this, including Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, IASW, and all the mountains. It was amazing and I learned: Don't believe the app when it tells you what's available! I refreshed for BTMRR and it said there weren't anymore FP+ available twice. Then, one popped up and I snapped it up. I refreshed and got one for 15 minutes from when I booked it.

Thanks. I assume this is only possible once you use your final pre-booked FP+ though, not after your first FP of the day.

Andre
There is an exception to what you assume in your reply. If you are park hopping and you have booked only one or two FP+ at your first park, you can look for a FP+ at a second park as soon as you tap into your first FP+ ride even if you still have one more FP+ ride at the first park. Also, You can get a tier 1 FP+ at the second park even if you had a FP+ for a tier one ride at the first park. All this is same day only, of course.

Thanks. I assume this is only possible once you use your final pre-booked FP+ though, not after your first FP of the day.

Andre

Yes. I book my FP+ (on busy days like last week) for late morning (11 ish) through to early afternoon (2 ish), so I can start booking additional FP+ earlier in the day.

Question: We'll be staying at POR soon. One night we have a dinner reservation in Disney Springs with some friends that will be in the Orlando area - can they park at POR and take the boat with us? If so, do they charge non-guests for parking?

We are booked here for a stay in October. Super excited just my husband and I this time, no kids. We are taking a big family trip again next June 2020 with the family so that will be an amazing one to look forward to. We are just back from a 5 day stay at Pop- first time ever staying Value and we liked it enough. we weren't in room long so it did not matter much. I can definitely tell the difference but I did love the beds and the new renovations they did. Will be so happy to be back where we love- POR is by far our favorite moderate. it has been several years though since we were last here. We have preferred room and I understand these are in alligator bayou- what is the schedule heading out to parks as far as bus schedule- which stop is 1st, 2nd and so on? If anyone can help with that it would help alot. Thanks.

We are booked here for a stay in October. Super excited just my husband and I this time, no kids. We are taking a big family trip again next June 2020 with the family so that will be an amazing one to look forward to. We are just back from a 5 day stay at Pop- first time ever staying Value and we liked it enough. we weren't in room long so it did not matter much. I can definitely tell the difference but I did love the beds and the new renovations they did. Will be so happy to be back where we love- POR is by far our favorite moderate. it has been several years though since we were last here. We have preferred room and I understand these are in alligator bayou- what is the schedule heading out to parks as far as bus schedule- which stop is 1st, 2nd and so on? If anyone can help with that it would help alot. Thanks.
WestDepot Bus Stop (behind AB) is first, followed by NorthDepot (behind and between AB building 37 and Magnolia Bend Acadia House Building 80), then EastDepot ( behind Magnolia Terrace building 85), and finally SouthDepot which is outside the Main Check in Building. If you are in a preferred room you would be closest to South Depot. This is a VERY busy depot, and since it is last on the way to the parks, at certain times it will be standing room only for those boarding the bus here.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!