Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Here's hopefully an easy one:
Hair dryers in the rooms are those mini ones that attach to the wall or are more of a regular strength hair dryer? Many hotels have started using more of a regular size hair dryer over the wall ones. I have to have the bigger dryer b/c well I've got a lot of hair. Anyone know?

Hair dryers in the rooms are those mini ones that attach to the wall or are more of a regular strength hair dryer?

I can't attest to the strength, but they are now free-roaming cabled dryers, not permanently attached to the wall.

Andre

The view from our "River View" room 9539
View attachment 401953
I showed this picture to the front desk before scanning my magic band and the woman said "I know just the room you're talking about" so I wasn't the first person to complain about this room. They offered to move us to a new room, but we were only there for two nights so it was more of a hassle. Instead they just took off $25 per night from our bill.

That's just not right

Are the mansion rooms scheduled to be renovated also? I really like the look of the mansion rooms, because they seem to be brighter than alligator bayou rooms, but I love the newness and cleanliness of the renovated rooms. We have a standard room booked, so I think we might be in either section. Is this correct?
Thank you!

Got back last week from another magical trip . I stayed in AB room 2852 - garden view 5th sleeper . . I requested top floor away from the stairs ( since no elevator in AB buildings ) and that is what I got. It was about a 5 minute walk to both the bus stop and the food court/lobby . I was close to the parking lot and a quiet pool though . My room was renovated and they were working on buildings 27 and 17 while I was there . 27 looked close to being done. Some rooms had turn 4 on them . The rooms in building 17 said turn 3.

I love the beautiful grounds of this resort. I personally don’t love the multiple bus stops but on the whole the buses were fine this trip . POR continues to be one of my favorite resorts on property ( along with POFQ)

Got back last week from another magical trip . I stayed in AB room 2852 - garden view 5th sleeper . . I requested top floor away from the stairs ( since no elevator in AB buildings ) and that is what I got. It was about a 5 minute walk to both the bus stop and the food court/lobby . I was close to the parking lot and a quiet pool though . My room was renovated and they were working on buildings 27 and 17 while I was there . 27 looked close to being done. Some rooms had turn 4 on them . The rooms in building 17 said turn 3.

I love the beautiful grounds of this resort. I personally don’t love the multiple bus stops but on the whole the buses were fine this trip . POR continues to be one of my favorite resorts on property ( along with POFQ)
Thank you for the update on POR reburbishments. It sounds like AB is just about finished. We will be there July 19-25, 2019, can't wait. We have never stayed at POR, but our last 2 trips were at POFQ and we took the boat to visit POR and use the pool.

Hi, friends! We'll be there in a little over a week - any requests for pictures or info I can try to gather while there?
If you can we would love to see what toiletries are being provided and are there still small tablets of soaps in the sink area?
Also a photo of the coffee and sugar provided. Both would be an enormous help with my packing.
Thanks for the offer of help!!!! Have a magical trip x

We will be at POR in the Royal Rooms in July. My 11 yo dd wanted me to ask if it's ok to bring a blow up raft or inner tube for the quiet pools?

Some really random questions, but the food court- do they offer the following:

pickles (single, in a bag)
cotton candy (in a bag, not tub)
mint choc chip ice cream
hand-dipped ice cream cookie sandwich (not premade in a bag, but the kind that count as a snack credit, they use the fresh baked cookies and you pick the ice cream flavor)
banana bread
Regular drink machines, not the freestyle ones

TIA! I know it sounds kinda ridiculous, but we're at POFQ now and man is the food area small and soooo limited. The above are some of our favorites and if they have them at POR we may just walk there one night after the parks.

I agree. Our bus service was fine in March, but WHY are there 4 bus stops? It's like 5 minutes walking distance from North to eaither East or West. The loading and unloading takes a while. I can't understand why they don't just keep South and North and you either walk up or down depending on what's closest.
We will be at POR in the Royal Rooms in July. My 11 yo dd wanted me to ask if it's ok to bring a blow up raft or inner tube for the quiet pools?
yes!

Does anyone know if they still do Trivia Night on Tuesdays at the River Roost Lounge? I found an article on WDW News Today that was dated about a year ago stating as much. (I'd link it, but disboards won't let me - maybe because I'm a newbie and still earning my ears?)

Can anyone confirm this is still the case? Planning a trip in the near future, and my group really wants to find a trivia night. Finding one will determine our "resort hopping" day.

Does anyone know if they still do Trivia Night on Tuesdays at the River Roost Lounge? I found an article on WDW News Today that was dated about a year ago stating as much. (I'd link it, but disboards won't let me - maybe because I'm a newbie and still earning my ears?)

Can anyone confirm this is still the case? Planning a trip in the near future, and my group really wants to find a trivia night. Finding one will determine our "resort hopping" day.

According to https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php yes!
  • Disney Trivia Night (Riverside, Tuesdays 8:30pm-10pm) — Looking to show off your Disney Trivia skills? Join us on Tuesday nights at the River Roost Lounge from 8:30pm to 10:00pm for some fun and exciting competition!

Yipee! I just couldn't wait two weeks for packages to be announced. Staying at POR 1/28-2/4/2020!

:banana::banana:

I hope they keep it! We LOVE trivia night, and this was one of the things that has drawn us to return back to POR on our next visit.

According to https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php yes!
  • Disney Trivia Night (Riverside, Tuesdays 8:30pm-10pm) — Looking to show off your Disney Trivia skills? Join us on Tuesday nights at the River Roost Lounge from 8:30pm to 10:00pm for some fun and exciting competition!

That was from the May lists, if you look at the current page there is nothing scheduled for June onwards. I don't know why they've discontinued it, it was always very popular from what I'd heard.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter