Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

After the orchestra was let go I think we all knew this was next. It won't be the last. The Disney we all knew is gone.
:sad::sad::sad: For now anyway. I believe these were the only resorts with music/entertainment. I hope in time they will return. POR will just feel empty without Bobs show. I’m glad now I rebooked next Aug at CBR. But even so, I had plans to spend an evening at POR to watch Bobs show :guilty:

:sad::sad::sad: For now anyway. I believe these were the only resorts with music/entertainment. I hope in time they will return. POR will just feel empty without Bobs show. I’m glad now I rebooked next Aug at CBR. But even so, I had plans to spend an evening at POR to watch Bobs show :guilty:

You were wise to rebook. We moved to GF from POR next summer. POR will not be open next summer I predict. Mark my words. And we are crying too.

You were wise to rebook. We moved to GF from POR next summer. POR will not be open next summer I predict. Mark my words. And we are crying too.
I’m not sure if we’re going to stay at CBR, I am interested in the gondola, but will be watching discounts for the deluxe.

So sad about Bob, but with Riverside still closed for the foreseeable future it was perhaps not so unexpected. I wish Bob all the best for the future, he has been the heart and soul of Riverside for 23 years and the place just won't be the same without him.

I suspect all of these 28,000 layoffs are happening now as this is the end of Disney's financial year, and they just don't see business revenue allowing them to resume anything anywhere near normal operations until well into 2021.

Andre

So sad about Bob! I know that with Riverside closed he was likely on the chopping block, but I'm just gutted that I won't see him the next time I'm at Disney!

The news about Bob Jackson being let go by Disney after 23 years of fun and entertainment has still not really sunk in. The River Roost Lounge just won't be the same without his infectiously energetic performances.

Bob is still planning on continuing a virtual show at 6pm on Sunday via his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/yehaabob) but whether that will be as his Disney "Ye Haa" Bob persona or as Bob Jackson, pianist and signer, I don't know.

Since COVID hit, like many other entertainers, Bob has had no regular work beyond his online shows to help keep his fans entertained, and a few local church gigs. I hope this is allowed by DIS rules, but I'd like to suggest that if you ever saw one of Bob's shows and it made a difference to your vacation - which must be almost all of us here in this thread - now might be a good time to send him your thanks and support by popping a few dollars into his 'virtual tip-jar' at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BobJackson512. I know I'm going to anyway.

Good luck Bob, you will be sorely missed at Port Orleans.

Andre

The news about Bob Jackson being let go by Disney after 23 years of fun and entertainment has still not really sunk in. The River Roost Lounge just won't be the same without his infectiously energetic performances.

Bob is still planning on continuing a virtual show at 6pm on Sunday via his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/yehaabob) but whether that will be as his Disney "Ye Haa" Bob persona or as Bob Jackson, pianist and signer, I don't know.

Since COVID hit, like many other entertainers, Bob has had no regular work beyond his online shows to help keep his fans entertained, and a few local church gigs. I hope this is allowed by DIS rules, but I'd like to suggest that if you ever saw one of Bob's shows and it made a difference to your vacation - which must be almost all of us here in this thread - now might be a good time to send him your thanks and support by popping a few dollars into his 'virtual tip-jar' at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BobJackson512. I know I'm going to anyway.

Andre
We don’t have a pay pal account. Do you know if there is any other way to support Bob?
Thanks

, but I'd like to suggest that if you ever saw one of Bob's shows and it made a difference to your vacation - which must be almost all of us here in this thread - now might be a good time to send him your thanks and support by popping a few dollars into his 'virtual tip-jar' at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/BobJackson512. I know I'm going to anyway.

Andre

I only saw him in person once many, many years ago, but he made an impression. Just hit his virtual tip jar! Thanks for posting. :sunny:

So sad about Bob and POR - our favorite place to stay at Disney. Thanks for the link to virtual tip jar!

I was sad to see that Bob wasn't going to be performing at POR anymore but I'll at least get to watch him on his Facebook page. I had hoped that POR would open up for booking in 2021 but still nothing yet.

I was looking at dates to make a summer reservation on Disney site and POR popped up but then disappeAred so I called CM told me POR possibly next moderate to reopen but no opening date yet. Then I saw the Riverside Mill on the mo ile order list up with the places that are currently opened but it quickly disappeared n is back on bottom with “temporarily closed”. Anyway now I don’t see POR so I guess false alarm!!

I was looking at dates to make a summer reservation on Disney site and POR popped up but then disappeAred so I called CM told me POR possibly next moderate to reopen but no opening date yet. Then I saw the Riverside Mill on the mo ile order list up with the places that are currently opened but it quickly disappeared n is back on bottom with “temporarily closed”. Anyway now I don’t see POR so I guess false alarm!!
Hopefully that is true about the reopening time frame!

One thing I found interesting....one of the travel agencies that books “agency exclusives” had All Star Movies as a choice to book starting in February 2021 long before Disney made the announcement that All Star Movies would open in February.
They have POR listed as an option to book starting June 2021 and POFQ listed as an option to book starting July 2021.

@Three cats I will say we have a reservation at POR for Sept/Oct for the 50th, it's part of a group and we could be moved if its not open by then, but for now our fingers are crossed that it's open and there is a vaccine too.

One thing I found interesting....one of the travel agencies that books “agency exclusives” had All Star Movies as a choice to book starting in February 2021 long before Disney made the announcement that All Star Movies would open in February.
They have POR listed as an option to book starting June 2021 and POFQ listed as an option to book starting July 2021.

that would be wonderful!!!🤞🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter