Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were also at the World on those dates (through 7 July, actually) and agree that it wasn't too bad then. However, since CCVC wasn't open yet, we weren't able to see what full capacity would be like. I'm certain that compared to other resorts, WL will still seem quieter. However, we'll just have to see for ourselves during our next trip to the World. ;)

I am hoping, though, that the reconfiguration of rooms at the main building into Copper Creek will keep capacity down a bit. Some of those rooms were combined into one-bedroom units. Those only hold 4 guests. So what would have been two regular rooms with a total capacity of 8, now only holds 4. The two bedroom villas, I assume, were originally 3 separate rooms. Now a capacity of 8, would have been a capacity of 12.

So even though I'm expecting a lot more people than when I was there last August (with half the Lodge closed--beautifully empty!), I'm still hoping it won't feel crowded!

Hello WL lovers! Our first family WDW trip will be this late Nov/ early Dec at Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Club Level, but I'm already planning to Bounceback for early December 2018 at the Wilderness Lodge Club Level! I've been going through this thread and loving it (although 355 pages is A LOT, lol!). I'm now "watching" this thread, and I'm so excited to learn more! :)

Welcome! I'm glad you're loving the thread, @Rachel GB.

There is a shelf in the middle that could cause issues with a gallon. You could take it out, but I don't know how much other stuff you want to have in there. I don't have a gallon to try, but I will try to get you some pictures.

These are what were in the room for us. They seemed a little fancy for me, but I used the soap and shampoo.
View attachment 262917

I love sitting outside in the morning at the lodge taking and posting pictures of the lodge. Life is good.
View attachment 262918
View attachment 262919

Here's a few different pictures from the Lodge this morning. First, some more from my new favorite open area, on the South side of the lobby on the 7th floor.
View attachment 262937 View attachment 262938 View attachment 262939 View attachment 262940

Then below that, on the third floor from the unique hallway in front of the Explorer's Hall meeting room above the registration desk.
View attachment 262941 View attachment 262942 View attachment 262943 View attachment 262944 View attachment 262945

And finally here's the 8:00 AM Geyser from the 7th floor lobby elevator area.
View attachment 262947

Beautiful photos! I'm putting the updated toiletry photo in the ROOM chapter - thank you!

Has anyone seen pictures yet of the alternate studio, or the 2nd bedroom of a dedicated 2-bedroom?

Would THIS LINK to a 360 tour help?

Here is an explanation from Dave at **************.com

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 1.37.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 1.37.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 1.37.33 PM.png

Has anyone seen pictures yet of the alternate studio, or the 2nd bedroom of a dedicated 2-bedroom?

I was in an alternate studio for about 30 seconds, then returned to the front desk to switch to a standard studio as that would be more relevant for review purposes. I was not smart enough to take any photos, and could kick myself, but I will say that it "felt" much more spacious than the deluxe rooms on which it was based.

I am hoping, though, that the reconfiguration of rooms at the main building into Copper Creek will keep capacity down a bit. Some of those rooms were combined into one-bedroom units. Those only hold 4 guests. So what would have been two regular rooms with a total capacity of 8, now only holds 4. The two bedroom villas, I assume, were originally 3 separate rooms. Now a capacity of 8, would have been a capacity of 12.

So even though I'm expecting a lot more people than when I was there last August (with half the Lodge closed--beautifully empty!), I'm still hoping it won't feel crowded!
DVC rooms tend to stay booked at a higher rate than regular rooms--which is the most often stated reason they refurbished all those rooms in the south wing. Despite my misgivings, however, I do still think the Lodge, overall, will still feel removed from the crush of people that we've experienced at other resorts. It's still lush, and the cabins were nicely done. I am very curious what the new pool area and GP will be like when operating full bore.

We are here now 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Creek. This has been our home for 16 years. The new pool is lovely and we have been fortunate enough to snag a cabana a couple times.It gets crowded in The afternoon and is definitely not "quiet". Roaring Forks have left us disappointed missing the fresh salads and sandwiches.Geyser Point is a 2 thumbs up for the burgers and bison burger. It hasn't bee overly crowded. I too was worried about the crowds and changes to this beautiful place but for our stay this week it's been very enjoyable.

Would THIS LINK to a 360 tour help?

Here is an explanation from Dave at **************.com

Thanks @WDWKOOK! Those are great resources!

I'm actually pretty familiar with the layout differences. Mostly I'm just curious how the dedicated 2nd bedroom looks (e.g. same bed runners and headboards used in the studios?). Not that I have upcoming plans to stay in one (at least not yet). I just like to live vicariously from other people's pictures and reports. :)

I was in an alternate studio for about 30 seconds, then returned to the front desk to switch to a standard studio as that would be more relevant for review purposes. I was not smart enough to take any photos, and could kick myself, but I will say that it "felt" much more spacious than the deluxe rooms on which it was based.

Intriguing! Can't wait to see one of these, too. Plus I'm curious whether they have a shower/tub combo, or walk-in shower only. It would be good to know which option to book in order to increase chances to score the alternate studio....

We're staying at CCV in the middle of September for a week. Whats the best grocery service to use? Or should we just take an uber to the store? Never stayed in a DVC this long without a car before haha.
Thanks.

We're staying at CCV in the middle of September for a week. Whats the best grocery service to use? Or should we just take an uber to the store? Never stayed in a DVC this long without a car before haha.
Thanks.

We just stayed August 5-12, at CC. We used Instacart without a problem and will be using them again for future visits. We've used other services, like Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin. I felt the prices with Instacart were better than the others.

We just stayed August 5-12, at CC. We used Instacart without a problem and will be using them again for future visits. We've used other services, like Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin. I felt the prices with Instacart were better than the others.

When you used Instacart, did you go down and meet the driver? Did they just call you when they arrived? Or was the stuff left with bell services? Looking to do this in a few days and not sure how it works!

When you used Instacart, did you go down and meet the driver? Did they just call you when they arrived? Or was the stuff left with bell services? Looking to do this in a few days and not sure how it works!

There is a chat feature and updates through their app that lets you know the status of your shopper. You get alerts when they head out, are shopping, shopping is complete, and when it is delivered. If you're not there or your room isn't ready yet, they can leave it at bell services. If you order alcohol, you have to be present for delivery and show id.

It is really easy to use. There are a few stores to choose from. You are basically shopping off the store's website and having it delivered to the resort. They only let you select delivery times about a week out. We used Publix for our groceries and the ABC store for alcohol. It was really easy to use the website and the updates from the app were helpful.

VillianFavs DM me if you have any other questions.

I cut together some footage from our WLV BRV Studio, hopefully it's useful to show the general layout of the studio's....

We are a family of 5 and this was our favorite room of our split stay! Excuse the messy kitchen area, we had a Garden Grocer Delivery to last us 2 weeks!

Thank you Blue! Great pictures. I love that this still has the original tub and shutters. I'm also a big fan of the room remodel from a few years back. I know some feel the new rooms are too "generic," but I like them a lot.

I'm currently on the hunt for the new Copper Creek 2-bedroom pictures, but I love to see these, too! I fully intend to stay at the one and only original WL villas at some point, too.

I cut together some footage from our WLV BRV Studio, hopefully it's useful to show the general layout of the studio's....

We are a family of 5 and this was our favorite room of our split stay! Excuse the messy kitchen area, we had a Garden Grocer Delivery to last us 2 weeks!

Very nice video! Well done. That doesn't look too messy to me, especially for a family of 5. I love all your stuffies on the bed, making the place feel cozy and personal. I think my favorite thing about this studio is the adorable Bambi pull-down!

The kids would fight over who slept on it lol.... so we rotated each night.

We much preferred the kitchen layout of the BRV as opposed to the Poly's studio, having a fold away bed gave us much more room to use during the day when relaxing, eating etc... We found it to be more of a 'home' than a room.

We used Publix for our groceries and the ABC store for alcohol. It was really easy to use the website and the updates from the app were helpful.

VillianFavs DM me if you have any other questions.

Agreed. I would Uber to it as it is really close and offers beer/wine (not sure if there is a Publix liquor store attached to the closest one to WL). Besides, you can peruse for specials/discounts in person.

Agreed. I would Uber to it as it is really close and offers beer/wine (not sure if there is a Publix liquor store attached to the closest one to WL). Besides, you can peruse for specials/discounts in person.

Publix does have beer and wine, it was just cheaper at the ABC store, which was also on Instacart.

Thank you :). My Dear Wife and I are retired, DVC at BRV owners. Twice per year, we get to stay in EXACTLY the room(s) you show :).

A couple of hints....

Move the DVR up under the TV, exposing electrical outlets for phones & computers.
Shower: when washing hair, kill, the shower and stick head under full blast bath outlet.... it isn't "choked".
If using the safe.... try to remember to bring a small pen light. There is ZERO closet lighting :(.
Bring a CHEAP power splitter, that will allow your family to make practical use of the limited electrical outlets. HERE is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...qid=1503180299&sr=8-7&keywords=power+splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter