Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this considered a standard view? That's the category we have booked and would love to have this view!
We booked standard view. There are maintenance areas right in front of the room that are not so pretty, but it’s very cool to see the park, the contemporary and the monorail going by.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times... Sorry in advance... Can you see the MK fireworks from the resort? Does not need to be from a room just anywhere on property would be great! We are usually monorail loop people but looking for something different for a quick trip.
We could see them from our 5th floor room thru the trees. And there’s a path in front of the Geyser Point Bar & Grill that’s nice ti watch from with the music piped in.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times... Sorry in advance... Can you see the MK fireworks from the resort? Does not need to be from a room just anywhere on property would be great! We are usually monorail loop people but looking for something different for a quick trip.

On my first night, I took the boat over to the Contemporary to meet a friend. As I was on the boat, she texted me that the fireworks were about to start. I could see the fireworks from the boat. I'm not suggesting you try to do this, because you would have to get the timing exactly right, but for me it was a magical way to start my trip.

The rooms that face the Contemporary and MK, what category are those? Standard rooms? Woods facing rooms?
They can be Standard, Nature View or the new Nature Fireworks View category. We don’t know which exact rooms are categorized as fireworks view, but we believe they are the select few with the very best view (which it better be with how much they charge for it.) The map here shows the bookable views.

Did you notice any changes in OFC offerings since your last visit?
The only other time we had been to OFC was a few days after they closed the old OFC location and moved everything to the hallway. It was a rather pathetic fraction of what they used to offer and we were very disappointed at the time. So, yes, there was a big difference between the two times. ;) I wish we had gotten a chance to experience the old version of the OFC. I've heard great things about what it used to be. But we enjoyed what they have now in their new location and I think we got spoiled at club level. It was just too easy to grab some food there. We never made it to Roaring Forks the entire trip. But we did get to enjoy Geyser Point for lunch. :)

The only other time we had been to OFC was a few days after they closed the old OFC location and moved everything to the hallway. It was a rather pathetic fraction of what they used to offer and we were very disappointed at the time. So, yes, there was a big difference between the two times. ;) I wish we had gotten a chance to experience the old version of the OFC. I've heard great things about what it used to be. But we enjoyed what they have now in their new location and I think we got spoiled at club level. It was just too easy to grab some food there. We never made it to Roaring Forks the entire trip. But we did get to enjoy Geyser Point for lunch. :)
We were pretty disappointed in RF this trip. Good breakfast but dinners were meh. Sandwiches all pre made. Flat bread not good. Neither was grilled cheese. It wasn’t grilled. The bread was toasted and cheese not really melted.
Geyser Point was definitely the best option. We ate their twice and both times everyone enjoyed their meals.

This makes sense that BR would be larger as they were made as DVC, and CCV are just converted regular rooms. But at CCV you do have more chance for nice view as you have a chance to have a view of either pools. Years ago our first stay at WL was a view of the villas pool/courtyard with some of Bay Lake too. It was lovely and quiet.
Love what they’ve done with Villas Pool. So much nicer. This has become our go to pool. And close to mug refill station too.

That’s surprising because both my daughters loved bunk beds even when they were older children and used to fight over the top bunk lol.

Agreed. I went with my two older sons when they were 17 and 15 and they specifically requested bunk beds! They didn’t want to share a queen.

They can be Standard, Nature View or the new Nature Fireworks View category. We don’t know which exact rooms are categorized as fireworks view, but we believe they are the select few with the very best view (which it better be with how much they charge for it.) The map here shows the bookable views.

Wow they have a fireworks view room category!! cool!!

Wow they have a fireworks view room category!! cool!!

It sounds good in theory, but most of us feel the premium price isn’t worth it. They are about double the cost of a standard view room, and almost as much as Club Level and you don’t get any extra amenities. My recommendation would be Standard or Nature View with a high floor request. We have had some great fireworks views.

Last edited:
It sounds good in theory, but most of us feet the premium price isn’t worth it. They are about double the cost of a standard view room, and almost as much as Club Level and you don’t get any extra amenities. My recommendation would be Standard or Nature View with a high floor request. We have had some great fireworks views.

Completely agree. Even with a perfect line of site, the FW view side isn't that great. Just too far away. To be honest, I don't think we have ever had a bad "view" at the WL and have never paid for a specific view. We always save the money and just book standard. (having had at least two free upgrades to court yard upon arrival).

What is the category of rooms that are in the main building, overlooking lobby, restaurants, etc?
The rooms above Whispering Canyon are traditionally Woods (now Nature) View. They don’t have as great of a MK View as rooms that are further down the hallway. The rooms that are on the East side of the lobby (across from the main entrance) are Courtyard View. These “Courtyard View, open to lobby” rooms are also referred to as “Bear Face” rooms because their windows make up what looks like a bear’s face when looking at the resort from Bay Lake.

We are staying at the GF, but are planning to resort hop and it sounds like there are some great activities to enjoy at the WL. What are some of your favorites?

You can also watch the Happily Ever After fireworks from the same spot at Geyser Point. You can't see the castle projections, of course, but they pipe in the music and it's really nice. You can rent water craft for playing or fishing. You can take the boat to Ft. Wilderness and check out the big Disney Horse Barns. We took a carriage ride and our horse was the Black Clydesdale they use in Brave promotions. Angus pulled our carriage! (His name is actually Jacob. Shhhh)

We like walking to Fort Wilderness. It isn't super far, (way under a mile) and is nice in the daylight. The path goes through the woods and you often see deer. It isn't lit though, so it isn't great at night. The blue flag boats that go between the resorts on Bay Lake are nice too. There's also a hidden mickey hunt that you can get the clues for here or at the front desk. There's also marshmallow roasts nightly North of Geyser Point, and movies South of there near the rental boat dock.

We are staying at the GF, but are planning to resort hop and it sounds like there are some great activities to enjoy at the WL. What are some of your favorites?
We really enjoyed the lodge tour that they have at 9am every Wednesday through Saturday. It is very interesting and not only about the lodge itself.

We also enjoy walking to FW on the exercise path. It begins next to the bus stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter