Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 9 nights at the Yacht Club last week, we are planning our next trip in 2021 and definitely are heading back to the Wilderness Lodge. The WL just has a certain welcoming feel that you do not get at the YC and is not as spread out either. Yes, the pool is great at the YC, but storms washed us out for a majority of the afternoons. Plus, we found ourselves at the MK nearly every day so location is a factor as well. We have stayed at several WDW properties and the WL wins out over all of the others for our style of vacation. We can't wait to go back!

After 9 nights at the Yacht Club last week, we are planning our next trip in 2021 and definitely are heading back to the Wilderness Lodge. The WL just has a certain welcoming feel that you do not get at the YC and is not as spread out either. Yes, the pool is great at the YC, but storms washed us out for a majority of the afternoons. Plus, we found ourselves at the MK nearly every day so location is a factor as well. We have stayed at several WDW properties and the WL wins out over all of the others for our style of vacation. We can't wait to go back!
We love the WL and can’t wait to be back next weekend. It is our favorite resort. But we also like staying at the Beach Club because of its location. So we end up going to Disney a few times a year so that we can stay at both of them. :)

I completely agree. We did Beach Club two years ago and had major home sickness for WL. We asked to be moved two days in. We couldn’t. We did a split stay this time. Three at BWI and five here at WL. BWI was so much homier than beach and yacht. We don’t love it as much as WL, but it was nice to walk to Epcot and HS. The bus makes me angry. Glad you are going back! Have fun!

I completely agree. We did Beach Club two years ago and had major home sickness for WL. We asked to be moved two days in. We couldn’t. We did a split stay this time. Three at BWI and five here at WL. BWI was so much homier than beach and yacht. We don’t love it as much as WL, but it was nice to walk to Epcot and HS. The bus makes me angry. Glad you are going back! Have fun!

I love doing a BW and WL split stay! So much that we own DVC at both haha.

We just stayed at BRV last fall in a one bedroom and it was in wonderful shape. Bed was comfortable, everything was working. Only minor issues with the last renovation that changed out the bathroom mirror and left the outlet at the sink impossible to use.

We stayed in a one-bedroom BRV unit earlier this month, fifth floor with a lake view. The room was great except that the oven made an awful noise that we reported to maintenance; it was our last evening there so we didn’t need a quick fix, but wanted to ensure they were aware of it. We’re heading back in January! ☺️

Just checked in. We are on the 4th floor. We have been in the room a few minutes but we both noticed how loud roaring canyon. I am sure it will settle down before bed time.

Also, no lotion >:( I will leave a note for tomorrow and see if we can get any. If we don't i will call. It's not a necessity, but i would enjoy it

P.s. edited to say roaring canyonnot forks, lol. And it went on until 10

Last edited:

Just returned from a wonderful trip, 11 nights at WL, nature view room #5002. We love the WL, from the lobby to the boat ride to MK to the ever so friendly & helpful CM! Wanted to give a brief overview of our experience from this trip (as everyone on this thread is always so helpful).

FOOD: Roaring Fork - we ate here only once for bkfst (not a fan of the bagel sandwich, it was better back in the day when it was a croissant) and once for a late lunch - DD13 hamburger was dried out & the pulled pork was just OK. Geyser Point - we did not eat here nearly enough this trip - only once ☹. DD13 had the Fish & Chips & they were flaky & crispy & WAY better then UK in Epcot, DH had the bison burger, which was excellent as always & I had the portobello salad with steak - very tasty! Storybook dining @ Artist Point: I will say we were a fan of the original Artist Point & am sad to see it go. The food now was just ok - did not like the apps or the desserts. DH had the pork, which he liked, DD13 had the prime rib, not too much fat which was nice & I had the gnocchi, which was tasty but very heavy. The character interaction was GREAT!! LOVE the Snow Queen. BUT I must say - our nice quite lobby is no longer. The amount of people that are now in the lobby because of this new dining, for us, is a lot. I get that there are new experiences & new restaurants, but what always brought us back to the WL was the quite lobby. Oh well, guess we will have to live with it....

TRANSPORTATION: Never had to wait for a bus or boat more than 5 minutes, except one morning to go to Epcot & the bus was shared with Fort Wilderness. After that, we took our truck to Epcot. They had more of the bigger boats running this trip than in the past trips, we noticed.

MOUSEKEEPING: Everything was always clean in our room & on our floor.

LAUNDRY: They really need to update the facilities, twice it was closed for repairs & we were given a card to use the Villa's facilities, but there are only 4 machines.

CAST MEMBERS: All were so friendly, helpful & cheerful. This is why we love the Lodge!

Hope this helps! Looking forward to our next vacation!!!

Thanks for posting, was wondering if the lobby was more hectic with Storybook Dining opening. storybook dining was open for just dinner, correct?

We are checking in this Thursday. :flower1:

Maybe someone here can help. I thought for some reason this resort was in animal kingdom. I booked 5 nights at the swan for $1500. The WL is coming out to be $2200 for 5 nights.

This is our first trip with 5 and 2 year old and realizing now that we will spend most of our time in MK and AK. Park days 4.

Should I change my reservation to the WL? Are the rooms bigger? The pool seemed small and the only advantage I see is the short boat ride to MK for afternoon naps etc.

Not sure we would use the magical express and I have heard that it can take 2 hours to get to the resort. Not sure I have that much patience after a flight.

Are there plenty of food choices specially vegetarian in WL?

I see the $700 saved could go towards merchandise, Uber to and from swan for naps etc.

Needs unbiased opinion if possible.

Just checked in. We are on the 4th floor. We have been in the room a few minutes but we both noticed how loud roaring canyon. I am sure it will settle down before bed time.

Also, no lotion >:( I will leave a note for tomorrow and see if we can get any. If we don't i will call. It's not a necessity, but i would enjoy it

P.s. edited to say roaring canyonnot forks, lol. And it went on until 10

Whispering Canyon Cafe tends to be noisy in the evening until around 10pm. We like the lobby view rooms and the noise usually doesn't bother us. :)

Thanks for posting, was wondering if the lobby was more hectic with Storybook Dining opening. storybook dining was open for just dinner, correct?

We are checking in on Saturday. :)
Yes, Storybook dining is very popular and the lobby is busier in the evening then it used to be.

Not sure we would use the magical express and I have heard that it can take 2 hours to get to the resort. Not sure I have that much patience after a flight.
The Swn isn't owned by Disney and the Magical Express doesn't serve the Swan or the Dolphin next door. You will have to arrange your own transportation from the airport.

Should I change my reservation to the WL? Are the rooms bigger? The pool seemed small and the only advantage I see is the short boat ride to MK for afternoon naps etc.
The WL has two pools, one of them is zero entry. The boat to MK is really nice and one of the big benefits of staying here. The benefit to the Swan is that they have a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you want to save money then you might want to stay at the Swan. The bus from the Swan to Magic Kingdom takes about 16-20 minutes.

Just got back from a wonderful stay in a fireworks/nature view room at Wilderness Lodge. We had a 3 resort split stay that started with a beautiful renovated room at AKL, then a surprise upgrade to Poly club level, so by the time we got to Wilderness Lodge the bar was set pretty high, lol. This view from room 6034 was amazing and the staff was very friendly. Transportation was also very, very good. The lodge was a great ending to a wonderful trip!View attachment 421562View attachment 421563View attachment 421564View attachment 421566
GORGEOUS pics!:thumbsup2

I left a note for mousekeeping for lotion and an extra conditioner since I have super thick moderately long hair. I ended up with 2 more full sets of toiletries and 4 lotions. They were in a seperate bag. Plus, the room was spotless!
Same! We were in 5004 and the mousekeeping is so amazing. She brings me two lotions a day and extra conditioner as she knows my kids like it. I highly recommend this room as a room request. It does have bunk beds but great nature and firework view.

Same! We were in 5004 and the mousekeeping is so amazing. She brings me two lotions a day and extra conditioner as she knows my kids like it. I highly recommend this room as a room request. It does have bunk beds but great nature and firework view.
Was your mousekeeper named Devora? We stayed in a deluxe room and she was great. :)

We felt the lobby was hectic during the hours that Storybook Dining was open - lots of people in the lobby awaiting their reservation time. Many strollers as well. Yes - open for dinner (I think they start at 4:30???)

But - we knew, once they announced that Storybook Dining was coming to the WL, that the lobby would be more crowded and we knew that change happens at all the resorts. So we started our trip with that in the back of our minds.

We still LOVE the WL and will keep returning (340 plus more days till we are home...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts