Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it possible when you have a Nature view room that it could also open to the lobby? I would love to see the Christmas tree when I open my door. ( even if only for a day or two)

Yesterday was my last day of work. :cheer2:
Today is my first day of retirement. :love:
We check into the Wilderness Lodge tomorrow. :yay:
We planned this trip before I decided to retire and it turns out to be the prefect way to decompress. I haven't started to pack at all because I have been so busy with work. But I have all day to do it for the first time since the 1980's. This is great. :)

Congratulations Wood Nymph !!! What a great way to celebrate! I will be joining you in retirement Sept. 27th. My celebration trip will be over Christmas so college ds can join us at BRV. Wishing you all the best !:flower1: Here's to many mickey bars and may be a few grand marnier slushies in your future!

Congratulations Wood Nymph !!! What a great way to celebrate! I will be joining you in retirement Sept. 27th. My celebration trip will be over Christmas so college ds can join us at BRV. Wishing you all the best !:flower1: Here's to many mickey bars and may be a few grand marnier slushies in your future!
I hope the time between now and September 27th passes quickly and without too much stress. :goodvibes
It seemed like forever between the time I told my boss that I wanted to retire and the day that it finally happened. :)

We planned this trip before I decided to retire and it turns out to be the prefect way to decompress. I haven't started to pack at all because I have been so busy with work. But I have all day to do it for the first time since the 1980's. This is great. :)
Congratulations on your retirement! I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Congratulations on your retirement! In my opinion, there is no better way to celebrate than a trip to Disney. Enjoy!

Under two weeks to go until we're back! :)

I've been tossing around our plans for arrival day and we think we're going to let the kids swim and use the splash pad for a bit while we wait on other family members to make their way to the resort from the airport. We do have a 4pm dinner reservation, so I'd really like to be able to shower before that even if our room isn't ready. How are the showers at the gym? Will we have any issues using them to take quick showers?

Hi. My family and I just returned from an 8 night stay at WL.
Here are some pros and cons.

Pros: we had rooms 6048, 6050 and 6052 - all overlooking MK, Contemporary and Space Mountain with views of the nightly fireworks.
Lobby area was clean and open.
Transportation to the parks was timely and the MDE app shows the bus times which was very helpful.
Roaring Fork was good for breakfast and snacks.

Cons: rooms feel dated, dingy and in need of soft goods updating
Roaring Fork - beverage machine broke down several times during busy breakfast hours; crowded and noisy
I had a package sent to the hotel and was going to get it myself at the front desk. They delivered it to my room and charged $6.00. More than I had paid for the item I had shipped....

Our last trip to WDW in 2018 was at the Yacht Club and GF (split) and I found myself longing to be at YC most of the time.

Anyone know if WL is scheduled for updates to rooms and Roaring Fork?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!