Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

🤷 as I remember it, there were right along that table in the photo. I remember sitting there as my son and wife played connect four. I guess it doesn't mean it belongs there, but my tired feet surely enjoyed it.

Possible it’s just not in the picture!! I was actually sitting along the ledge there where I took the picture, so I don’t remember there being anywhere to sit.

Just got home last night from another wonderful stay at the Lodge! We booked a nature view and got super lucky with room 3001. Definitely the best view we’ve ever had. I loved waking up to this every morning! :love: Watching the boats come and go, and watching the Electrical Water Pageant from our balcony was fun too :cloud9:

D774B51A-D828-45F6-ACCC-B0495FA843EC.jpeg

I need some help folks...……...just read that WL is going through a "floor by floor" room refurb starting this month. Does anyone have any information or verification on this?

Any info would be helpful. We have a reservation the first week of August and have a concern.

Thanks,

Doug :goofy:

Yeah that's the info I read...…...in going back and reading others posts...…..I guess I'm still confused (as others may too) as to the impact of this 😟 We're staying in the main building with a Nature view. Unless I hear other news...…….We'll stay put for now. My wife and I do love WL...…..don't enjoy construction much tho.

Doug :goofy:

Unfortunately, that’s all we know right now. They haven’t said much. @AngiTN got confirmation yesterday by phone, but that’s about it. 😕 Ready for snow today?!

Last edited:
Taking my older parents and I think they would sometimes like to sit and relax somewhere with a view (outside of the pool areas) and I can't really see anything in any photos.
There are very comfortable couches, armchairs and tables along the shore, just outside of Geyser Point. The wait staff will service the area, but people can sit there, too, without ordering anything. It is a very nice place to sit and relax. :)

We booked a nature view and got super lucky with room 3001. Definitely the best view we’ve ever had. I loved waking up to this every morning!

We had been given room 4001 when we booked a nature view room. I love that view, too. :)

Do you think it is worth it to stay at BRV for only 1 night? We are adding one night before our 8 night BWV Stay. BWV is nothing available at the moment.
we will arrive at MCO arround 6 pm

AHHH the refurb makes so much sense as to why I couldn't get club level for our February stay! Darn! I was really hoping we would be able to add it on when we arrived but I guess that's a no go now that its under refurb :sad2:

Do you think it is worth it to stay at BRV for only 1 night? We are adding one night before our 8 night BWV Stay. BWV is nothing available at the moment.
we will arrive at MCO arround 6 pm
If you are a DVC member, just do a waitlist on BRV for the one night when you hit seven months out.

Ok fair warning, this a dumb question but please humor this New Englander...

Last time we were at WL, my oldest could not / would not sleep past 5/5:30 AM so my husband and I alternated taking turns pushing her around the resort in her stroller. I anticipate we'll do the same in our next trip in a few weeks with my youngest who also has inherited the early riser gene. The upside is we got some beautiful sunrise photos.

I didn't really think anything of it until, when telling this tale of parenting woe to a colleague, they asked me about looking out for alligators so early in the morning.

....should we be looking out for alligators at WL? I know it's Florida, they are around and that's part of the beauty of nature. I'm just wondering if we should be a bit more diligent and aware. Have there been beast sightings at WL? Please note - not trying to stir up any panic, just looking for a little guidance on Florida wildlife 101.

Ok fair warning, this a dumb question but please humor this New Englander...

Last time we were at WL, my oldest could not / would not sleep past 5/5:30 AM so my husband and I alternated taking turns pushing her around the resort in her stroller. I anticipate we'll do the same in our next trip in a few weeks with my youngest who also has inherited the early riser gene. The upside is we got some beautiful sunrise photos.

I didn't really think anything of it until, when telling this tale of parenting woe to a colleague, they asked me about looking out for alligators so early in the morning.

....should we be looking out for alligators at WL? I know it's Florida, they are around and that's part of the beauty of nature. I'm just wondering if we should be a bit more diligent and aware. Have there been beast sightings at WL? Please note - not trying to stir up any panic, just looking for a little guidance on Florida wildlife 101.
Helicopter parent here - I don't live in Florida but I tell my kids every time before we travel there to not even get close to any body of water and when they do we hold their hands, even walking down paths. Maybe I'm a worrywart, but better cautious than sorry. Is it still super dark when you're out? And how close do you get to the water? I mean if you're walking a path you'd probably see a gator hanging out way before you would get close enough to approach him.

Helicopter parent here - I don't live in Florida but I tell my kids every time before we travel there to not even get close to any body of water and when they do we hold their hands, even walking down paths. Maybe I'm a worrywart, but better cautious than sorry. Is it still super dark when you're out? And how close do you get to the water? I mean if you're walking a path you'd probably see a gator hanging out way before you would get close enough to approach him.

All great points. Last time, the sun wasn't up yet. It wasn't pitch black and the resort has lights on but definitely dark. The pathways are slightly elevated but they go right up against the lake. I would hope I would see a gator but I'm aware that I don't normally look out for them.

I haven't ever seen a gator but I have seen a snake. On the path from BRV to the main building. I'm sure it was a harmless garden snake but I definitely gave it a wide berth to pass before my boys and I continued on our way.

We’ve been staying at the lodge yearly since 2010, no gator sightings. But a friend saw a small one by port or leans once. So yeah, look around a little. Now with the copper creek villas - you could go out of the lodge by the gift shop, down to lobby of BRV or along large sidewalk around copper creek villas a towards Geyser point - which would have light and wide pathways

I also love the little tables/ alcoves over looking the lobby on several floors where the little one could play with toys or if still in room we sometimes do iPad show with earphones and have them sit on a pillow near the sink area quietly.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter