Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Not loving the crowd levels here at Epcot today, seems that there’s quite a few too many people over indulging in both food and alcohol and it’s not very relaxing walking around the park. We’ve seen “service dogs” that are over heating and desperate for a drink and some shade, and on that note why would anyone want to blindfold a service dog’s eyes? Strange day here that’s for sure, “County Mounties” sheriffs and Disney Security have been very visible and busy too around the park.
The big suits were here yesterday and also in MK and a group of new CMs were taking a tour. We saw quite a few new ones looking overwhelmed with the crowd levels at the party but they coped fine with help from their more experienced colleagues. The party was good and we stayed out until midnight.

I sure wish they would limit alcohol sales to 1 beverage every 2 hours. I know with the magic band technology they can do that or if you refused to use a band guest services could issue paper alcohol vouchers marked with time stamps (11am to 1pm, 1pm to 3pm etc). It amazes me that this chronic, out of control situation is allowed to happen repeatedly. I can't even imagine all the people who are over the legal limit and drive home after overindulging in alcohol during F&W.

As for the service dog being blindfolded I'm guessing the dog wasn't walking around, correct? Sometimes with certain dogs, blindfolding them during rest periods that are taken in high traffic/activity zones helps to turn down their senses and is a stimulus to remind them that they are to rest now and not work. This is only used for dogs that are prone to over stimulation. The owner would know what is best for the dog so I'm sure it wasn't arbitrary that that happened.

~NM

Last edited:
Why the Hallmark channel for hound dogs? What if you have a chubby hound dog?? Oh god if Lola figures out room service she & Dory will eat us out of house & home (& hotel)! Then again, she can eat her keep at the resort by cleaning dishes. She already does that at home. :)

Now you know those hound dogs get sucked into all those sappy movies on the Hallmark channel! God help us if the find the soap opera channel... we'd never get them to do anything else except watch Susan Poochie on 'All My Puppys'.

That person that is posting the 'report your complaints about the dogs' to guest services every other time they post might want to send a note to the room service people telling them that if anyone calls and orders a pound of bacon and some bones it's probably one of those resort dogs.

I also want to know if the dogs will be issued a magic band. I actually did see a lady with a service dog that was wearing one.

If the dogs are getting magic bands does that mean they can make fast passes? This means that there will probably be a run on all the fast passes available for the Tomorrowland Speedway. Dogs love a good car ride, especially in a car that doesn't have windows... or doors. Same goes for the People mover.

Next up I can see them wanting to visit that dog in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and the Carousel of Regress.

Country Bear Jamboree would probably be the scariest attraction for dogs, what with all those singing bears. Unless you have a dog that likes corny country music songs I wouldn't chance it. While we're on the topic of troublesome attractions for dogs I think they might go a little nutty in the Tiki Room, especially if you had a hunting dog. I suspect more than a few feathers would be ruffled if those dogs could get their hands on a ladder in that room.

If you had a dog that liked children then It's A Small World is definitely the ride for that dog. Just keep in mind that when the ride is over that dog will be a little sad so you will have to go on it again, and again, and again....

Tom Sawyer Island is another dog favorite, especially if you have a "Private Pooper". That's a dog that needs some privacy to poop versus the "Hey look at me I'm pooping!" kind of dog. That's a dog that struts around after they drop a load, kind of like he's the big kahuna or something. The smaller the dog the bigger the strut it seems...

I can also see the dogs sneaking off to ride Disney transportation while their people are at the parks. If the monorail pulls up and it's full of dogs I wouldn't be surprised. I would totally get in, ride all day with the dogs and have the best day at Disney ever!

~NM

I just read a guest's review of the YC, posted on a travel website, complaining about the first floor corridor between the lobby and restaurants being closed. The poster complained that the only way to get to the restaurants (did not state which ones) was to walk outside through smoking areas.

Can someone please confirm that this information is accurate, and, if so, is it known how long the corridor will be blocked?

The Crew's Cup Lounge and Yachtsman Steakhouse are open, so, if this is true, it sounds like the corridor along the former entrances to the A&C Lounge and Captain's Grille and possibly continuing around the corner.

That was true for when we were there last week, although nobody was smoking the few times we walked by.

Yes, last week that corridor was blocked, but if we walked through a smoking area, I didn't know it (no one was smoking).

That was the case while we were there 10/6-13/17. Additionally the restrooms outside of Crew's Cup were closed and you had to use those by the BC pool or inside the YC lobby--not very convenient if enjoying Crew's Cup or the veranda with a drink from Crew's Cup. It is all part and parcel of the renovation for Ale & Compass.

Disney should build a hotel that is a "dog friendly" hotel just for families with dogs and not allow dogs in any other hotel. This way everyone would be happy!!

Can you image all the things that could be built for pets. Swimming pools, parks, play area, grooming area, outside eating areas...... What a gold mine this would be!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Does the Yacht Club have bathtubs? On some of the videos I have seen it looks like a shower is the only option.
Thanks for your replies.

I'm hoping we get the walk in shower - feels more modern and it just looks nice. So it seems that it's a mix - I thought all rooms had the new style shower.

I'm hoping we get the walk in shower - feels more modern and it just looks nice. So it seems that it's a mix - I thought all rooms had the new style shower.
I don't know what percentage of rooms have the walk in shower, but I would call resort reservations and have the request added to your reservation. I like the showers, too. :)

I sure wish they would limit alcohol sales to 1 beverage every 2 hours. I know with the magic band technology they can do that or if you refused to use a band guest services could issue paper alcohol vouchers marked with time stamps (11am to 1pm, 1pm to 3pm etc). It amazes me that this chronic, out of control situation is allowed to happen repeatedly. I can't even imagine all the people who are over the legal limit and drive home after overindulging in alcohol during F&W.

As for the service dog being blindfolded I'm guessing the dog wasn't walking around, correct? Sometimes with certain dogs, blindfolding them during rest periods that are taken in high traffic/activity zones helps to turn down their senses and is a stimulus to remind them that they are to rest now and not work. This is only used for dogs that are prone to over stimulation. The owner would know what is best for the dog so I'm sure it wasn't arbitrary that that happened.

~NM
Disagree on the alcohol sales. We tend to have several drinks while at Epcot, both during F&W and other times of the year. Don't want Disney telling me how much they think I should drink. Anyway, I imagine alcohol sales are a huge revenue source at Epcot, and can't see them imposing limits.

Disagree on the alcohol sales. We tend to have several drinks while at Epcot, both during F&W and other times of the year. Don't want Disney telling me how much they think I should drink. Anyway, I imagine alcohol sales are a huge revenue source at Epcot, and can't see them imposing limits.

Agreed! My family and I enjoy our drinks and cocktails and we can definitely drink more than 1 drink each very two hours without getting rowdy and inappropriate. We then responsibly walk or take the bus back to the resort. However, I do feel as though for those that get extremely “rowdy,” CMs can make the call to cut people off, just like bartenders do in bars.

We were in Epcot yesterday too it was crazy crowded. We left early. I agree it is not enjoyable when its that crowded. So far I have seen 2 dogs that were obviously not service dogs. You could tell by the way they were walking they weren't trained. One was a large dog walking around the YC the other was a medium sized dog on the boardwalk. I also saw a couple that appeared to be therapy dogs.
For the poster asking about tubs, our room has a tub, our room in May had a shower.

We were in Epcot yesterday too it was crazy crowded. We left early. I agree it is not enjoyable when its that crowded. So far I have seen 2 dogs that were obviously not service dogs. You could tell by the way they were walking they weren't trained. One was a large dog walking around the YC the other was a medium sized dog on the boardwalk. I also saw a couple that appeared to be therapy dogs.
For the poster asking about tubs, our room has a tub, our room in May had a shower.

Hmm... Not good. I thought dogs would not be allowed on the boardwalk or the walkways around the lake, only on the YC grounds.

and so it begins....

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know we have decided to switch hotels for our November trip! I’m sad YC decided to start accepting dogs, I was really looking forward to staying there. However, when we go back in July, we were thinking of adding on a couple days at Beach Club! So hopefully, I’ll be back to chat again! Thank you all for your help! I hope you all have wonderful trips!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter