Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! Where does the driver drop off? Do we tell them a specific spot or is there a central drop off?

Do people still recommend that those staying at the Beach Club, grab the bus to MK for rope drop at the Yacht Club instead?

Do people still recommend that those staying at the Beach Club, grab the bus to MK for rope drop at the Yacht Club instead?

YC is picked up first so you will have a shorter travel time to MK if you stay put at BC stop. I suppose there's a chance the bus would fill at YC, but I don't know how often that happens. We did rope drop to MK last month and the bus had plenty of space when we got to BC.

Reactions: CJK
Wiscmomof2 what time did you leave YC for MK rope drop?

Not the person you were asking, but I can tell you that in May when we were there, we were at the bus stop at 8:00 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. opening and barely made it to rope drop--long bus wait AND security at the park. We made it, but just as the ropes were dropping at each land.

As to your original question regarding pick up at the YC vs BC, I would be sorely tempted to do that. The bus that arrived for us was nearly full and the MK loading area had probably 3x the people who could fit on the bus that was arriving. Lots of folks were left behind. When we arrived at the bus stop, there was one other couple. Within the half hour (yes, that was the wait time for our a.m. bus), the area was filled and of course, no one bothered to recognize the other couple and us as being there before them. We did get on, but it was a mad rush that morning.

Be aware that with the Convention Center construction, if you opt for the YC stop, you will need to walk around the SAB side of the building to get to it. You can't access it from the bus stop area as was possible prior to the construction.

OMG, 900+ pages to read thru.

My story-family of 5, trip planned for august 2018. And it will be a split stay.

I have been trying to convince my dh to spend a night at the BC for eons but he has not been into the whole split stay thing but Sunday he said yes! We go to FL in April to see my sister and every year I check and every year I cringe at the $800/night it shows me for Easter week.

I stayed at the BC once. I was 18 and it was newly opened. Loved the pool then and I know I will still love it! When I went the boat driver told us about this boardwalk that was going to be built "over there" and the kiddie pool/slide wasn't even around then. I think it was 1990.

Anyways, my other sister is going to meet us for part of the vacation at the Polynesian. Originally we were going to do 11 days there but like I said I convinced my dh to do a split stay. And we even added a day so 12 days AND one more park day from our normal 5 to 6 days.

My 16 yo saw the pool and her eyes lit up and she isn't a huge pool person. My youngest loved the pictures of the pool and my middle child was playing baseball while we were looking so he has no idea! Disclaimer-his baseball games drag on so we needdd something to pass the time when he wasn't up or making a play.

So I am excited to finally get back. My favorite resort is the poly because I love looking at the castle while swimming and listening to the seven seas lagoon coming to life in the morning. I know I won't be disappointed.

My next step is booking but I am holding off. Trying to decide what is my best option:

1) book a studio (assuming it will sleep 5) thru a broker
2) book a regular room thru a hopeful magical deal (they always have them, I check every year).

If I book a studio I will get my tickets thru UT.

If I book a regular room I will get the tickets thru the TA and hope they still offer a water park with the ticket purchase. We would only be at the BC for 6 days but I'd get the 6 day hopper and use the rest of the days while we are at the poly since they are good for 14 days (right).

Anyways, I am excited, did I say that? Two things that I think made my dh say yes were the fact that I told him the BC is a bit cheaper then the Poly and that we could avoid the bus to the studios and take the boat (or walk assuming I ate too much). He did admit that he wanted to try something new and that the monorail isn't as reliable as it had been.

Here is a question and I am sure it's a no because it's the BC. My one sister lives in FL and would easily come up to visit on our arrival day, if I asked could she get a guest pass for the pool? I am thinking no since it's "the pool of pools". I could ask and they could say yes or I could ask and they could say no.

Here is a question and I am sure it's a no because it's the BC. My one sister lives in FL and would easily come up to visit on our arrival day, if I asked could she get a guest pass for the pool? I am thinking no since it's "the pool of pools". I could ask and they could say yes or I could ask and they could say no.
Your sister won't be able to use the main pool but she would be able to use the quiet pool. :)

We got to the bus stop at around 7:15 AM for a 9 AM opening. Fortunately the bus arrived within five minutes. There were a handful of other families waiting, so plenty of room for the BC folks. This was mid-May. I'm sure the closer to park open the more crowded the buses get.

I just received an email about construction during my stay. I check into the YC on September 28, what construction will there be? From time lines it looks like the room renevoation should be done? Maybe? Also read that captains grille would be back to its original spot at the end of September. Is there other construction I could end up hearing? My plan is to be at the pool all day Saturday so I might change to a different hotel if it's really noisy. It'll be my first time at the resort

I just received an email about construction during my stay. I check into the YC on September 28, what construction will there be? From time lines it looks like the room renevoation should be done? Maybe? Also read that captains grille would be back to its original spot at the end of September. Is there other construction I could end up hearing? My plan is to be at the pool all day Saturday so I might change to a different hotel if it's really noisy. It'll be my first time at the resort
I got the same e-mail yesterday (I have the same check in day too, lol!) I'm thinking it's the Captain's Grille? I'm interested to hear what everyone knows about the construction. I'm hoping all of the rooms will be done with the renovation by that time.

I got the same e-mail yesterday (I have the same check in day too, lol!) I'm thinking it's the Captain's Grille? I'm interested to hear what everyone knows about the construction. I'm hoping all of the rooms will be done with the renovation by that time.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:cool1:

Could one (or both) of you share the language in the email you received.

I believe the room refurbishments will be completed by the time of your stay so I agree that they are probably referring to work in the lobby.

:thumbsup2

OMG, 900+ pages to read thru.

My story-family of 5, trip planned for august 2018. And it will be a split stay.

Quick :welcome: to you.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Well, I guess you have time before your trip to do some reading, if you wish, but it probably is not necessary to read all the pages on the thread. I usually recommend that people start and read through Page 1 (there is a LOT there, lots of links to bring you down different rabbit holes) and then the last (few) (pick a number) pages and keep up from there.

As always, we welcome questions and do our best to respond.

:goodvibes

Could one (or both) of you share the language in the email you received.

Here's what the email said:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we want to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

Upon your arrival, it is possible you will experience construction noise and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. However, to minimize any possible disruptions to your stay, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am.

Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

What construction are they doing in the lobby?

Here's what the email said:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we want to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

Upon your arrival, it is possible you will experience construction noise and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. However, to minimize any possible disruptions to your stay, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am.

Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

What construction are they doing in the lobby?

Thanks for sharing that.

In the lobby, there is the work on the Captain's Grille restaurant, the Ale & Compass lounge and the merchandise area of Fittings & Fairings. I'm not sure when any of these projects are scheduled to be completed.

::yes::

I like to have a glass or two of Cabernet wine at night before bed. Are there decent bottles of wines to purchase at YC/BC that won't break the bank? I am not super picky but don't want to spend $30/bottle either. Thanks

I like to have a glass or two of Cabernet wine at night before bed. Are there decent bottles of wines to purchase at YC/BC that won't break the bank? I am not super picky but don't want to spend $30/bottle either. Thanks
I don't know the price at BC/YC but perhaps you could try one of the World Showcase Pavilions. Perhaps Italy or France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter