Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We'll be checking into the BC on Saturday and we'll check it out for you. ;)

Could you also fish around (no pun intended) about Ale and Compass Lounge? Any thoughts about when it will reopen, and is there any credence to the "interesting" rumor that there will be a temporary bar set up in the Ale and Compass Marketplace?
Thanks!

Could you also fish around (no pun intended) about Ale and Compass Lounge? Any thoughts about when it will reopen, and is there any credence to the "interesting" rumor that there will be a temporary bar set up in the Ale and Compass Marketplace?
Thanks!
I'll be sure to head over that way and ask a few questions. The cast members are always willing to talk about the resort. I love the Coke Freestyle machine at the new YC Marketplace so I'll definitely go to the YC. :)

How has the temperature of the rooms been at the YC at night? A while back people were saying the a/c went off and the rooms got warm during the night. That would not be good for this menopausal woman.:sad2::furious::sad2: or her grumpy husband.

Thanks!

Recently, a CM at the temporary location of the Captain's Grille told me that the Ale & Compass Lounge will be integrated into the refurbed Captain's Grille. The Captain's Grille is being pomoted to move back to its normal location "fall 2017." I noticed one of the regular bartenders from the Ale & Compass Lounge working at Martha's Vineyard Lounge, which is adjacent to the temporary location of the Captain's Grille. At this point, since the food and beverage portion is open at the Ale and Compass Market, and only the merchandise section is yet to be completed, I would tend to downplay the possibility of A&C Lounge moving to the Market.

I like to have a glass or two of Cabernet wine at night before bed. Are there decent bottles of wines to purchase at YC/BC that won't break the bank? I am not super picky but don't want to spend $30/bottle either. Thanks
I bring my own wine. You can get these handy bubble wrap wrappers for wine bottles, and I have never had any breaks. Just need to pack in your checked bags...and once you are finished with the wine, you have space in you bags for more souveniers!
20170627_222941.jpg

Adding myself to Be Our Guest.
We are booked at BC 29th November to 8th December.

Trip to celebrate my son's high school graduation (in Australia, the school year is from end of January/beginning Feb through to the end of November/Beginning of December, so high school graduations occur in late November).

It's also the first time we will have been in the USA for Thanksgiving, so looking forward to experiencing the US holiday we have only ever seen and heard about in movies and tv shows.

Will be our second visit to BC but have stayed at YC twice also. Love the YC/BC resorts.

We are doing a split stay this trip. 4 nights at Contemporary, 5 nights at AKL and then 9 nights at BC. Super excited!

Hi guys,
I am really having some trouble making a decision on staying here for 7 nights or splitting my stay half at the Contemporary Resort. I can't look past how close the CR is to MK where I imagine we'll be spending the most time. Just because this is our first WDW visit I thought it might make sense to spend the first 3 nights at CR to get our bearings and proximity to MK. But I also can't look passed how amazing BR looks, it's much more 'our style' of resort, but just so far from MK! What are your thoughts?

It might be worth booking 7 nights at BC now to lock my dates in, and if I decide to do a split stay, cancel it (before the penalty deadline). They don't charge the whole amount to your credit card at booking time do they?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am really having some trouble making a decision on staying here for 7 nights or splitting my stay half at the Contemporary Resort. I can't look past how close the CR is to MK where I imagine we'll be spending the most time. Just because this is our first WDW visit I thought it might make sense to spend the first 3 nights at CR to get our bearings and proximity to MK. But I also can't look passed how amazing BR looks, it's much more 'our style' or resort, but just so far from MK! What are your thoughts?

It's under 10 minutes by bus, so we don't feel it's far. Being able to walk to 2 parks is the main reason we love the Epcot Area resorts. Also, while we like split stays I wouldn't recommend it for your first trip.

It's under 10 minutes by bus, so we don't feel it's far. Being able to walk to 2 parks is the main reason we love the Epcot Area resorts. Also, while we like split stays I wouldn't recommend it for your first trip.

Thank you, I tend to agree, though I can't bring myself to not stay at the BC for at least some of the trip. So it's most likely going to be all. Maybe we will just add on the express transfers or something if I am worried about getting around.

I looked on Google Earth and just comparing it to where Contemporary was made it look far. But I'm sure as you said people manage!

Smart water is sold throughout the parks so I'm guessing the new marketplace at YC will also sell it. But of course remember there will be a mark up, it is disney after all. ($3.25 last I knew)
It's always struck me as odd that water is sold in the UK 83p for an 850ml bottle so less than a dollar in price and it's bottled in Northumberland a few miles from us for the Coca Cola Company yet out there it seems so expensive. It does taste much cleaner than tap water though and it's the only one I drink at work so I don't get muscle cramps in the hot store I work in. This stuff and blue Powerade keep me going in WDW, I can relate to the need for buying more of it whilst out there.

How obvious is the walking path? Will we need to ask someone to direct us?
The walking path from the CR to the MK is very clear just head right from the CR lobby area and follow the path along. Just watch out for traffic at the cross roads there's an access point for maintainance crews and for parking at BLT as well as CR but it's very manageable. It's a pleasant walk too you can see the back of Space Mountain and the Speedway track as you walk by.

Hi guys,
I am really having some trouble making a decision on staying here for 7 nights or splitting my stay half at the Contemporary Resort. I can't look past how close the CR is to MK where I imagine we'll be spending the most time. Just because this is our first WDW visit I thought it might make sense to spend the first 3 nights at CR to get our bearings and proximity to MK. But I also can't look passed how amazing BR looks, it's much more 'our style' of resort, but just so far from MK! What are your thoughts?

It might be worth booking 7 nights at BC now to lock my dates in, and if I decide to do a split stay, cancel it (before the penalty deadline). They don't charge the whole amount to your credit card at booking time do they?
I think the monorail resorts and the Epcot area resorts have a lot of pluses. We love Yacht Club's proximity to Epcot, where we spend a lot of time (especially since we'll be there during the Food & Wine festival) and being able to walk or boat to Hollywood Studios. Plus the pool is fantastic. That said, the monorail resorts have the monorail (obviously) and from CR you can walk to Magic Kingdom. You can also take the monorail to/from Epcot. That said, the monorail has had some mechanical issues and they've cut back on the operation times compared to past years, so perhaps not as great of a "perk" as it used to be.

I probably wouldn't do a split stay first trip either. Split stays are fine, but there is a bit of packing/unpacking hassle that goes with the move and always seems to take more time than you think it might.

We had room 5224 last year, standard view which overlooked the front of the resort. Here are a couple pics - you can barely see the parking lot.

Thanks for the pictures! Would you mind if I added them to the Yacht Club Room View thread? Do you remember if the bedding was 2 Queens or a King bed?

:thumbsup2

Thanks! We are a little apprehensive about our stay-going out of our comfort zone and our happy place at BC/YC but are hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I plan to check in here because this thread is "home" as much as the resorts are! If anyone is interested about SSR after we stay, I'd be glad to let you know how we felt about it, especially in comparison to the Epcot area vs DS.

And may I just say, Dee, I really doubt that you won't do some research before you go!

:rotfl2:

You are right, of course! I followed you over to the thread on the DVC boards and I am now skimming through that one.

:cool2:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/go-big-or-stay-home.3614088/https://www.disboards.com/threads/go-big-or-stay-home.3614088/

Just posted my ptr over on trip report board.

Also what's the best phone number to use to make requests?

Thanks for the heads-up on the report.

Here's the number to call for room requests:

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936

Question about wording a room request:

We are staying BC Deluxe Room for our upcoming marathon trip. Even though it is in January we'd love to have one of the rooms with either balconies or the first floor room with a patio. Basically, we don't want the 2 with only Juliet balconies-haha. I am beginning to converse with DSS and would like to have a room request noted but I am not sure what the best way to state our request is? I'm thinking: Large balcony please overlooking quiet pool preferred.

Since a deluxe room receives the club level services, you will be able to email the club level staff directly with your request. There are a small number of deluxe rooms so they will do their best to accommodate you, but there are no guarantees. I would state your request the way you did here. It will be an email conversation so you have a lot of flexibility in what you ask for. :)

I'm wondering (not necessarily recommending, because I don't know) if in the case of the limited rooms, and corresponding directly with DSS, if including room number(s) might be helpful:

"Large balcony, please overlooking quiet pool preferred. For example, Rooms XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, XXXX"

:confused3

Page 928-930

Dee,

We're headed back to BC for 2018 Princess Half weekend--Feb. 22-26!

Wonder if we'll get upgraded to that swanky 2 bedroom suite again? pixiedust: A girl can dream...

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Just changed our resort reservation from Poly to YC. We'll be there Dec 8-11 right before our Disney cruise!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:cool1:

My story-family of 5, trip planned for august 2018. And it will be a split stay.

My next step is booking but I am holding off. Trying to decide what is my best option:

1) book a studio (assuming it will sleep 5) thru a broker
2) book a regular room thru a hopeful magical deal (they always have them, I check every year).

I don't have any advice to offer about which booking option you should take, but posters here have given several comparisons recently with the pros and cons of a BCV studio and a regular resort room. Check out the link(s) in Post 16 on Page 1.

Please let us know when you book your trip!

Adding myself to Be Our Guest.
We are booked at BC 29th November to 8th December.

Trip to celebrate my son's high school graduation (in Australia, the school year is from end of January/beginning Feb through to the end of November/Beginning of December, so high school graduations occur in late November).

It's also the first time we will have been in the USA for Thanksgiving, so looking forward to experiencing the US holiday we have only ever seen and heard about in movies and tv shows.

Will be our second visit to BC but have stayed at YC twice also. Love the YC/BC resorts.

We are doing a split stay this trip. 4 nights at Contemporary, 5 nights at AKL and then 9 nights at BC. Super excited!

:welcome:

What a fabulous-sounding trip! Congrats to your son!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

:cool1:

Could one (or both) of you share the language in the email you received.

I believe the room refurbishments will be completed by the time of your stay so I agree that they are probably referring to work in the lobby.

Here you go!

Attachments

• Yacht club refurb.jpg
    Yacht club refurb.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 28

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!