Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just switched to the Yacht Club from Boardwalk for my upcoming trip in October!! I'm so excited, it's one of 4 Disney hotels I've never stayed at, but I have stayed at the Beach Club. I'm really excited to look at all the photos of the refurbished rooms. How is the walk to Epcot from YC? Is it comparable to the walk from the Boardwalk? What about Hollywood Studios? I'm sure someone has asked this, but I'm just so excited and can't wait to talk to the YC experts!

Also, does anyone have any photos specifically of the new curtains? I KNOW I've seen them somewhere and I can't seem to find any right now
Maybe a minute or 2 advantage for the BW as far as closeness to Epcot, but it can also depend on which part of the resort your room is located. Allow 20 - 25 minutes for the walk from YC to HS. Via the BW you'll want to make sure you utilize the shortcut which is a left just past the surrey bike stand, first right past the Wyland galleries which will bring you out to the clown pool. Bear left through the pool area and you'll run right in to the path along the canal to HS. Make sure you head to the left on the path!

Seriously rolling on the floor :rotfl2::lmao::dance3:Thanks, Ninja Mom :thumbsup2:thanks:
Any volunteers for sweep up duty at the rear? You could sell the donkey leavings as fertiliser back to WDW flower and garden crews for the rose beds...gotta make sure the receptacle has a tight lid too. As for the food scraps I'm positive the birds will have a good go at the crumbs, maybe add a recycle bin and the idea is golden.

Ninja mom, you slay me!!

Just back from our Epcot day. Took exactly zero pictures. LMAO. Hotter than the surface of the sun, plus humidity. The boys bailed after TT and headed back to the pool. I'm hoping that they reapplied sunblock but who knows. Our second and third family showed up and our rooms are all in a line. Cool!!!

I loved the new Soarin. We waited about 40 minutes because we were late starting. No trouble with our Canadian resident tickets.

I still can't believe we are here. I truly can't. It's a dream.

My daughter legit hates sand (Hoping this changes sometime?!?!). But I'm wondering if it's not worth staying at the beach club due to the sand at the pool.

Is the whole bottom sand? I love the location and theming but thinking maybe wait a while in hopes she grows out of her sand issue? She is 3.

My daughter legit hates sand (Hoping this changes sometime?!?!). But I'm wondering if it's not worth staying at the beach club due to the sand at the pool.

Is the whole bottom sand? I love the location and theming but thinking maybe wait a while in hopes she grows out of her sand issue? She is 3.
The main pool, Storm Along Bay, has a sandy bottom in the kids play area. And there is sand on the bottom of the deeper water, too. It migrates there. But there is a little kids pool and slide over at the entrance to the Pirate's slide. It is sand free and she is the right age for the little slide.

kiddieslidearea.jpg

This is Dee's picture from post #3 on the first page of this thread. :)
The quiet pools don't have sand.

The quiet pool is a regular pool no sand in the bottom;) She may enjoy that location more.

Are we still keeping track of the configurations of the new YC rooms? Just stayed in 3036 and it had 2 queen beds and a bathtub. I did miss the ceiling fan, but think the new rooms are just beautiful! (And beds are a bit high for those of us who are directionally challenged!!)

My daughter legit hates sand (Hoping this changes sometime?!?!). But I'm wondering if it's not worth staying at the beach club due to the sand at the pool. I love the location and theming but thinking maybe wait a while in hopes she grows out of her sand issue? She is 3.
Maybe the cool pool would help persuade her to forget about the sand hatred. ???

Ninja I think a competitor may have gotten wind of your excellent Duber plan! I spotted this wee Duber Donkey munching plants while patiently waiting for a fare outside the wine shop in the Italy pavilion

OH NO!!!! That is obviously a Dyft Donkey. Many of the Dyft Donkeys drive for Duber. (say "Dyft Donkeys drive for Duber" fast 10 times). Look for the sticker on the rump of the donkey if it matters to your that your donkey is a Dyft or a Duber.

Any volunteers for sweep up duty at the rear? You could sell the donkey leavings as fertiliser back to WDW flower and garden crews for the rose beds...gotta make sure the receptacle has a tight lid too. As for the food scraps I'm positive the birds will have a good go at the crumbs, maybe add a recycle bin and the idea is golden.

Yeah.... with all those Donkeys driving around WDW the begonias are going to get huge. I like the green energy direction. We could probably get a bumper sticker for the donkey with a recycling symbol on it. Very trendy! I'll bet all those Service Pug dogs in their fancy outfits will be so jealous!

~NM

What's the cool pool?!?! I'll try anything honestly... last week I had to carry her from chair to blanket, to chair... I can't deal
The cool pool is Storm Along Bay, the name of the pool. I just meant that perhaps the lure of the awesome pool would override her hatred for sand. There is no actual "Cool Pool" attraction. Sorry . :upsidedow

I would hate to see our request that our Family CM has made as she has direct access to our reservation but i would assume they have been pretty normal high level and away from the elevators , dont need to hear kids running down the hallway at 8 am or later at night , but personally if anyone can splurge and do CL do the deluxe room plenty of extra space and the room we had last time was perfectly tucked away in a corner off the main hallway near the elevator but could hear if anyone came running down them

Maybe a minute or 2 advantage for the BW as far as closeness to Epcot, but it can also depend on which part of the resort your room is located. Allow 20 - 25 minutes for the walk from YC to HS. Via the BW you'll want to make sure you utilize the shortcut which is a left just past the surrey bike stand, first right past the Wyland galleries which will bring you out to the clown pool. Bear left through the pool area and you'll run right in to the path along the canal to HS. Make sure you head to the left on the path!

Thank you! But coming from the YC, wouldn't you walk towards DHS via the swan/dolphin bridge? Or would it still be quicker to go towards the beach club and around the lagoon?

Two tickers at once!! Never thought this would happen but we will be back in April to celebrate my Dad's 50th (plus tax or VAT if you're a fellow Brit) Birthday! We will be staying in Beach Club Villas and appreciating the proximity to Flower and Garden. Our 180 day falls on our first day home from our upcoming trip so that will help with any PDD! @natebenma please add us to Be Our Guest for 7th - 11th April 2018! Yay! Love the BCV!

Thank you! But coming from the YC, wouldn't you walk towards DHS via the swan/dolphin bridge? Or would it still be quicker to go towards the beach club and around the lagoon?
That definitely would work! I think it's a draw though if you use the walkway from the lobby as a starting point. There are a a lot of zigs and zags if you head right towards the Swan and Dolphin.

The cool pool is Storm Along Bay, the name of the pool. I just meant that perhaps the lure of the awesome pool would override her hatred for sand. There is no actual "Cool Pool" attraction. Sorry . :upsidedow

Haha no worries! I only think we would maybe have two pool afternoons so thinking maybe I will stick with it and see if she likes it.

You're correct. The Swan/Dolphin bridge to the entrance Boardwalk on the left. Take a right along the canal and you are on the walkway to DHS. The shortcut through BWV is only a shortcut for those closer to EPCOT.

That definitely would work! I think it's a draw though if you use the walkway from the lobby as a starting point. There are a a lot of zigs and zags if you head right towards the Swan and Dolphin.

I hate all those zigs and zags if you head towards the Swan and Dolphin. They make it seem like a longer walk than it is, because you think they shouldn't be there. I would head left, walk toward Epcot, and then take the turn to walk over to the BoardWalk. At least that way you have things to look at and you can see that you are walking in a straight line.

But personally I never walk to DHS. My feet get tired at Disney. Why put in the extra steps when you don't have to, when you're on your way to have fun? Maybe I would walk back at the end of the day if it looked like it would take too long to wait for the boat.

Ninja mom, you slay me!!

Just back from our Epcot day. Took exactly zero pictures. LMAO. Hotter than the surface of the sun, plus humidity. The boys bailed after TT and headed back to the pool. I'm hoping that they reapplied sunblock but who knows. Our second and third family showed up and our rooms are all in a line. Cool!!!

I loved the new Soarin. We waited about 40 minutes because we were late starting. No trouble with our Canadian resident tickets.

I still can't believe we are here. I truly can't. It's a dream.
We were in animal kingdom yesterday and hot doesn't begin to explain it. Still recovering from the heat.

We walked back from HS the other night after Hollywood studios fireworks because the boat line was insane. My kids managed it better then me lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!