Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Haha no worries! I only think we would maybe have two pool afternoons so thinking maybe I will stick with it and see if she likes it.
My 8 year old doesn't like sand (she uses a sand brush with powder!!) but LOOOVES SAB. Having sand in the pool is very different from going to a beach. There are parts that you will feel it on your feet and some parts where you won't. Hoping she likes it because honestly, the side that has the shallow pool with the sand is the best part for the little ones. If it helps, the sand is not fine so it doesn't stick to you. It's hard to describe but I think when she sees it she will love it :)

My 8 year old doesn't like sand (she uses a sand brush with powder!!) but LOOOVES SAB. Having sand in the pool is very different from going to a beach. There are parts that you will feel it on your feet and some parts where you won't. Hoping she likes it because honestly, the side that has the shallow pool with the sand is the best part for the little ones. If it helps, the sand is not fine so it doesn't stick to you. It's hard to describe but I think when she sees it she will love it :)

Thank you! This is reassuring!

Hi everyone!!!! We arrive September 8 for an eight night stay at the Yacht Club!!! I can hardly wait. Does anyone know if the temporary gift shop is gone from the lobby now? Is the Marketplace quick service and merchandise location complete yet?

IMG_2167.JPG
Hi everyone!!!! We arrive September 8 for an eight night stay at the Yacht Club!!! I can hardly wait. Does anyone know if the temporary gift shop is gone from the lobby now? Is the Marketplace quick service and merchandise location complete yet?
Globe, regular gift shop, and quick serve are all up and running currently and construction at Ale and Compass is well hidden.

Ok, can someone please settle a bet for me? I swear that BC/YC used to have pool tables, with blue felt on them I believe. Last time I remember seeing them was Sept of 2012. Please tell me I'm correct, a weeks worth of washing dinner dishes hinges on it :rolleyes1
You are correct. They still have one atop hurricane Hanna's building. My son played pool last month on it. :)

Ok, can someone please settle a bet for me? I swear that BC/YC used to have pool tables, with blue felt on them I believe. Last time I remember seeing them was Sept of 2012. Please tell me I'm correct, a weeks worth of washing dinner dishes hinges on it :rolleyes1
Best Aunt is correct. There is a pool table in the Drawing Room located just off the lobby of the Beach Club villas building. :)

Magic Kingdom day! It was unbelievably hot but not as humid as yesterday. Nevertheless, it was a lot of walking in the heat and teen son didn't deal well. Teen daughter was annoying as she was angry with teen son, which ratcheted them both up. We had a great lunch at BOG, and checked almost all my boxes. Waited longer than I ever have for anything, but that was the price I paid for group consensus. LOL.

Did Peter Pan, Mine Train, HM, Splash, BTMRR, Pirates, BOG lunch, Space Mountain and got a Dole Whip from 9-3. With four teens. Made it back to the lounge in time to grab two Stellas to drink before the food goes out at 5. Biergarten tonight at 8. Debating the pool but right now I'm comfortable having a rest!

I had the same thought about the sand. It's almost like tiny smooth pebbles and it doesn't stick like beach sand does. More like the stuffing in a bean bag chair.

Yep. I see someone already responded but there is one at the pool. I think there may be one on the DVC side in the community room as well.

I know this might be personal preference but just need some opinions. We are staying 5 nights at YC starting next week and then 4 nights at GF. Myself and 3 children are going to parks and my husband is staying at resorts for relaxation and playing golf a few days, so he will not be entering the parks. I have sit down dinners every night. I have a few in DS but wondering if we should go more often since there seems to be a lot of good restaurants there now. Is it very time consuming to get from the YC and back to DS? I am just wondering if we go there for dinner, if I will be saying to myself, "we just should of eaten at Captain's Grille or somewhere else close by". Do the buses seem efficient to DS? We won't go on the weekends, have Yachtsman and Ohana's for those nights. Thanks

I know this might be personal preference but just need some opinions. We are staying 5 nights at YC starting next week and then 4 nights at GF. Myself and 3 children are going to parks and my husband is staying at resorts for relaxation and playing golf a few days, so he will not be entering the parks. I have sit down dinners every night. I have a few in DS but wondering if we should go more often since there seems to be a lot of good restaurants there now. Is it very time consuming to get from the YC and back to DS? I am just wondering if we go there for dinner, if I will be saying to myself, "we just should of eaten at Captain's Grille or somewhere else close by". Do the buses seem efficient to DS? We won't go on the weekends, have Yachtsman and Ohana's for those nights. Thanks

If anybody gets motion sick - do not take the Disney bus to Disney Springs. Every time I go there, I wish I had stayed at the hotel.

If anybody gets motion sick - do not take the Disney bus to Disney Springs. Every time I go there, I wish I had stayed at the hotel.
Thanks for the advice. My son does. I know, it would probably be best to eat around the boardwalk area and swim at SAB at night instead of spending time going back and forth on a bus to DS. The resort and boardwalk area are so beautiful, why waste time on a bus. Thanks for the advice.

So I can't answer on YC *to* DS because I bussed Epcot->DS, but the bus ride back was ridiculous the other night. Waited over 40 min for a bus and we saw a bunch of buses for other resorts come and go multiple times each :( however, this was at the end of the night around 10:45, and is only one experience. Eventually they just bundled all of us on a Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach bus. Which is also to say you could hop on any of those buses from DS if you happen to catch one pulling up, and just walk to YC if mobility is not an issue. (and the Beach Club bus queue is right next to the YC queue at DS.)

Are we still keeping track of the configurations of the new YC rooms? Just stayed in 3036 and it had 2 queen beds and a bathtub. I did miss the ceiling fan, but think the new rooms are just beautiful! (And beds are a bit high for those of us who are directionally challenged!!)
Did you find the room too warm without the fans? We're excited to stay at YC this time :)

If the choice was between going to DS from the YC or going to DS from the GF, then I would choose the YC. The bus to DS only shares with the BC while the bus to DS from the GF also shares with the Poly. And the distance from DS to GF is longer than from the YC. :) We'll often go to DS once during our trips. There is more than just restaurants there.

There are several good restaurants in the Epcot resort area, so you have plenty of options. The Captain's Grille is a good option. You could mix it up and eat at ESPN Club, Trattoria al Forno or Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. There is a pizza window over there that is popular. If you aren't on the dining plan then the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are worth a try, too.

There is a pool table in BC svc, saw it yesterday. I went to Disney springs this morning from BC. Waited 10 minutes for a bus going and we didn't share with YC. Coming home around 2 or 3 pm, waited 15 minutes and we shared with YC. Wasn't a bad ride at all. GF is farther.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter