Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

we checked into BC tonight. We were put in room 5699- went out on the balcony and almost vomited. The smell of fried food is so overpowering its sickening. We couldn't even leave the door open it was so bad. I love to sit on the balcony in the morning with a coffee and at night to relax. NOT HAPPENING in this room. Went back to CL guest services to request another room. New room tomorrow.
Where are rooms where you can smell food? I would not like that either if it was overwhelming. I had a boardwalk view at BWI once. You could smell some food but it was not overpowering. I hope your new room is better and you are having a great time!

we checked into BC tonight. We were put in room 5699- went out on the balcony and almost vomited. The smell of fried food is so overpowering its sickening. We couldn't even leave the door open it was so bad. I love to sit on the balcony in the morning with a coffee and at night to relax. NOT HAPPENING in this room. Went back to CL guest services to request another room. New room tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. The one & only time I've stayed CL at BC was in a standard view. I'm sure our room was over Cape May. The hallways smelled like fish all the time. Thankfully it didn't carry into our room. Hope you get something better tomorrow.

I'm not 100% certain about WDW reservations but with Disneyland and Aulani (from experience), all guests including infants are counted towards room occupancy. A friend of ours told the travel agent when booking their trip to WDW that they had 2 adults and 3 children (9, 8, 4) but failed to mention their 1 1/2 year old so when they arrived they had to be switched to a suite because they had 6 guests. I'm not sure why people think when asked how many children they have, they don't think to mention babies or toddlers lol. But you're correct in that if they can't be accommodated with a daybed then they might be able to request a cot.

WDW's stated policy is that one child under 3 does not count against room occupancy. So a WDW room with a max occupancy of 5 can have 5 humans over the age of 3 and one human under the age of 3.

Last edited:
WDW's stated policy is that children under 3 do not count against room occupancy. So a WDW room with a max occupancy of 5 can have 5 humans over the age of 3 and one human under the age of 3.

Not being snarky but genuinely curious. What are the limits of this? Could 5 adults and twin 2 year olds be allowed to be in one room? Or at what point do fire code restrictions kick in?

:crowded:

Last edited:

Not being snarky but genuinely curious. What are the limits of this? Could 5 adults and twin 2 year olds be allowed to be in one room? Or at what point do fire code restrictions kick in?

:crowded:

I just reread my post and should have elaborated. Only 1 child under 3 doesn't count against room occupancy. So with twins under 3, one count and one doesn't.

Yes we could smell food. Overpowering. And all night long I was awake because the room right next to us was for the service people and supplies. So elevator going up and down all night and banging all night. And I was wearing ear plugs! I'm so glad we're changing rooms today! They are holding our luggage for us until we can check in again this afternoon with a different room. Shouldn't have to do this with the money we are paying. BC club level water view!

Yes we could smell food. Overpowering. And all night long I was awake because the room right next to us was for the service people and supplies. So elevator going up and down all night and banging all night. And I was wearing ear plugs! I'm so glad we're changing rooms today! They are holding our luggage for us until we can check in again this afternoon with a different room. Shouldn't have to do this with the money we are paying. BC club level water view!
One time I had a room on another floor, right next to the service elevator. The noise kept me awake all night long. It was sheer torture!

I'm glad they are giving you another room.

Strange question...

When we stayed in Poly, we had a pullout bed, as well as our 2 queens. When my family travels together, my mom and sister sleep together, and i bunk with my dad.

My dad is a colorectal cancer survivor and, without going into too many details, has a much smaller intestine than all of us. It leads to him getting up A LOT during the night. I'm a very light sleeper and am constantly getting up and night when he gets up.

Long story short, he and I alternated on the pull-out bed at Poly each night and I had my best sleep in a while. I know BC has a pull out, but usually reserves it for families of 5.

We're traveling December 25-January 1. Could I call up and request a room with it and explain the situation? Are we being too needy?

Last edited:
So, checked in this morning at 9:30am after getting off the Dream. Used Disney transportation to get here as it is just too darn convenient. Lots of friendly faces and smiles. Got into the room and saw we got what we asked for, the gazebo view. Same location as we had last January but fortunately we are three floors up so we can see over the bushes and tree this time. Train display did not disappoint. You can spend a lot of time looking at all the detail. Went to GF, Poly and Contemporary to check out the decorations and get the holiday pins. Now on rhe way over to the WL to grab dinner at Artist Point.

Katedad

We will be overlapping your trip. :) We booked two rooms at the BC with the bounce back for June 12th to 16th. Our grandsons are going to love Storm Along Bay. :)

Having stayed at Pop and CSR and thinking they were perfectly nice, I wondered if it made sense to book deluxe. Then I remembered how much time we spent at the pool last time because it was hot. And I got a job offer for next year (I'm personal staff for a judge whose term ends 12/31). So I'm gainfully employed with health insurance, so I don't mind splurging. I do hope an AP offer comes out which is better than the BB I booked. If we bump into each other, the first round of Sunken Treasures is on me!

One time I had a room on another floor, right next to the service elevator. The noise kept me awake all night long. It was sheer torture!

I'm glad they are giving you another room.

First time I stayed at a Universal hotel, we were near the service elevator. It was awful. Absolutely the worst sleep I've ever had at a hotel.

Can anyone recommend the best room at YC with a garden view? I spent some time on TP clicking on their images from all garden view rooms but many said "this image is from a nearby room" which was sometimes multiple rooms over or even on a different floor!

We were hoping for fireworks views, even if distant, because my DD is very disregulated at night as she comes off medication so we expect we will be in our room most nights after dinner. But after what I saw on TP it appears that may not be an option without upgrading to water views...

Strange question...

When we stayed in Poly, we had a pullout bed, as well as our 2 queens. When my family travels together, my mom and sister sleep together, and i bunk with my dad.

My dad is a colorectal cancer survivor and, without going into too many details, has a much smaller intestine than all of us. It leads to him getting up A LOT during the night. I'm a very light sleeper and am constantly getting up and night when he gets up.

Long story short, he and I alternated on the pull-out bed at Poly each night and I had my best sleep in a while. I know BC has a pull out, but usually reserves it for families of 5.

We're traveling December 25-January 1. Could I call up and request a room with it and explain the situation? Are we being too needy?

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable request at all. I’d give them a call and have them note the request on your reservation. If you don’t receive a room with a pull-out when you check in, then stop by the front desk and ask if there’s anything available for them to move you. Worst case, they could provide a cot that you could alternate sleeping on.

StartEd the day at Ale & Compass. French toast and Breakfast breads. A very forgettable meal. A&C use to be a go-to for us. I do not think that it we will be back this visit.

Room is comfortable but I did have to pull the 5'2" DW into the bed. Just a little too far off the floor. King bed with shower stall and all the toiletries anyone ever needs. And for those worried about the toilet paper, it really isn't as bad as some may make it out to be. No couch and a very stiff chair to sit in.

Weather is perfect.....if you like a cool (not cold), damp (not rainy) and dreary (no sun) type of day.(no snow). Not SAB weather but today was perfect weather to be in Disney Springs to get the grandkids their Christmas gifts. Very successful trip for the DW. Now it's on to Beaches and Cream for grilled cheese and tomato soup topped of with a No-Way Jose. Not a day to be sitting out on the veranda to watch the high fireworks show from WS. But this gazebo-view room at the YC works.

Cancelled our Candlelight Procession dinner and show or Sunday evening. DW has been in love with Kurt Russell since the Moon Spinners but even she didn't think sitting outside in this weather was worth the joy she would have had seeing her Kurt. Maybe our 40 years of marriage is wearing her down.

Katesdad

And all night long I was awake because the room right next to us was for the service people and supplies. So elevator going up and down all night and banging all night.
We had a room next to the service elevator at the Wilderness Lodge and it was horrible. Unlike the normal guest elevator, the service elevator runs all night long, or at least into the early overnight hours.

Lots of rooms have a daybed, although it seems as if the garden view rooms are most likely to have them and the club level rooms the least likely. Definitely request one. :)

Having stayed at Pop and CSR and thinking they were perfectly nice, I wondered if it made sense to book deluxe. Then I remembered how much time we spent at the pool last time because it was hot. And I got a job offer for next year (I'm personal staff for a judge whose term ends 12/31). So I'm gainfully employed with health insurance, so I don't mind splurging. I do hope an AP offer comes out which is better than the BB I booked. If we bump into each other, the first round of Sunken Treasures is on me!
We had stayed at POR with this same group of people in June of 2016, and although we enjoyed the pool at POR, I know the BC will make for a nicer trip. :) I hope an AP discount comes out, too, but at least we've locked up the bounce back. :)

StartEd the day at Ale & Compass. French toast and Breakfast breads. A very forgettable meal. A&C use to be a go-to for us. I do not think that it we will be back this visit.
We loved the breakfast buffet at Captains Grill and wish they offered it at Ale & Compass. The breakfast menu didn't appeal to us so we never made it over there for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter