Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
I can’t even believe it!!!!

Of course yesterday I got the most horrible sunburn! Not what I need now!!!! :worried:

Happy Fathers Day to the coolest dads in the world...’Disney Dads!!!!’

Woo hoo! The countdown begins!

Sorry you have a sunburn. Hopefully that will heal before you go.

Have a fun trip!

Just got back from our first trip to WDW and stayed at the YC, OMG we are so spoiled now we will never be able to stay anyplace else. The pool is so good. We could watch fireworks from our balcony. It was so good my DH who had said "1 and done" about WDW now says "in a few years", "when we come back".

No boat service to Hollywood but the boats to Epcot are running. They are also a life saver at the end of a hot day. They start running at 8am so for early morning reservations its either Uber or a walk in.

They do allow pool noodles .....NO Rafts but noodles in ther pools and the lazy rivers. There are a few hanging around but hard to find. So bring your own and you will be so happy you did. The lazy river gets deep like 7 feet in places something I love but not everyone does. The sand on the bottom of the pools is heavenly on tired sore feet. No issue every finding a chair or 2 near the lazy river maybe more than 2 would be a issue. Lots of towels and very friendly pool staff.

The busses from MK are a nightmare. Here is my advice either get on the Boardwalk bus they come 3x as fast I am not kidding 3x, you can walk over to YC/BC or take a boat. Or take the monorail to a resort Polynesian is really nice and then Uber or Lyft back.

Our room location allowed us access to the Boardwalk and boats very easy from a side door. Check out those side doors if your room isn't close to the lobby.

There is a small washer and dryer (2 but only 1 worked) by the side door. But a much larger laundry area by the back pool, I think it was called the Admirals pool. They had 3 washers and 6 dryers. Much nicer to do laundry and swim while waiting on it. $3.00 a wash and $3.00 a dry. They sell soap for $2.00 but I put a few tide pods in a small snack container and brought my own.

The Ale and Compass Market was great the people so helpful and nice but limited selection. Hint shrimp cocktail is a snack credit, win. Its a walk but BC Market is much bigger and had more options.

I know YC and BC are twins of each other but YC defiantly had a calmer vibe and not as many little kids/strollers. Not they ever discourage kids from staying at YC just it clearly has less kids. That surprised me.

Just got back from our first trip to WDW and stayed at the YC, OMG we are so spoiled now we will never be able to stay anyplace else. The pool is so good. We could watch fireworks from our balcony. It was so good my DH who had said "1 and done" about WDW now says "in a few years", "when we come back".

No boat service to Hollywood but the boats to Epcot are running. They are also a life saver at the end of a hot day. They start running at 8am so for early morning reservations its either Uber or a walk in.

They do allow pool noodles .....NO Rafts but noodles in ther pools and the lazy rivers. There are a few hanging around but hard to find. So bring your own and you will be so happy you did. The lazy river gets deep like 7 feet in places something I love but not everyone does. The sand on the bottom of the pools is heavenly on tired sore feet. No issue every finding a chair or 2 near the lazy river maybe more than 2 would be a issue. Lots of towels and very friendly pool staff.

The busses from MK are a nightmare. Here is my advice either get on the Boardwalk bus they come 3x as fast I am not kidding 3x, you can walk over to YC/BC or take a boat. Or take the monorail to a resort Polynesian is really nice and then Uber or Lyft back.

Our room location allowed us access to the Boardwalk and boats very easy from a side door. Check out those side doors if your room isn't close to the lobby.

There is a small washer and dryer (2 but only 1 worked) by the side door. But a much larger laundry area by the back pool, I think it was called the Admirals pool. They had 3 washers and 6 dryers. Much nicer to do laundry and swim while waiting on it. $3.00 a wash and $3.00 a dry. They sell soap for $2.00 but I put a few tide pods in a small snack container and brought my own.

The Ale and Compass Market was great the people so helpful and nice but limited selection. Hint shrimp cocktail is a snack credit, win. Its a walk but BC Market is much bigger and had more options.

I know YC and BC are twins of each other but YC defiantly had a calmer vibe and not as many little kids/strollers. Not they ever discourage kids from staying at YC just it clearly has less kids. That surprised me.

We just got back from our stay at BC and I have to second your advice about taking the Boardwalk bus. It invariably showed up before the YC/BC buses, and with only one stop, it was a no brainer.

Has there been any updated news or info regarding the possible partial pool closure in August?

I haven't heard updated news since the last few weeks. For reference, I was being told by DSS that no construction work was expected until Aug, 31st. At the very least, SAB shouldn't be closing, although I wouldn't rule out last-minute partial closures.

On all paperwork and apps it says that the check in is at 3 so we had hoped for earlier, but at the very latest 3. We planned our day so we would hang at the pool, then check in and hit the parks. Unfortunately, our room was ready at 4, an HOUR past check in time.

That means the check in process officially starts at 3PM. A very common misconception is that means your room will be ready by 3.

And when we went to our room our magical express bags were not there either (the magical express driver said they take up to 3 hours, but at this point we were going on almost 5 hours since landing).

They advertise to expect your luggage to be delivered 3-4 hours after you arrive at the resort. When you land doesn't factor in.

does anyone know if either of the marketplaces here sell distilled water? id hate to pay the fee for grocery delivery for one item

That means the check in process officially starts at 3PM. A very common misconception is that means your room will be ready by 3.

They advertise to expect your luggage to be delivered 3-4 hours after you arrive at the resort. When you land doesn't factor in.

Fair enough... but we arrived at the hotel around 12 and when we called at 4 bc we didn't have bags, Bell Services said it can take 4-5 hours and that Disney needs to "update their information" because 3 hours is inaccurate. It was just another hitch and if they set expectations correctly we wouldn't have been annoyed. Next time we would definitely grab our bags from the airport and put them on the bus ourselves, didn't realize that was an option.

Secondly, we did online check-in so even if the check in process started at 3, it shouldn't take an hour to process the information. I guess I needed to read between the fine print but after waiting an hour after 3, we didn't even get the request we asked for (close to lobby) so why the wait for the room?

Fair enough... but we arrived at the hotel around 12 and when we called at 4 bc we didn't have bags, Bell Services said it can take 4-5 hours and that Disney needs to "update their information" because 3 hours is inaccurate. It was just another hitch and if they set expectations correctly we wouldn't have been annoyed. Next time we would definitely grab our bags from the airport and put them on the bus ourselves, didn't realize that was an option.

Secondly, we did online check-in so even if the check in process started at 3, it shouldn't take an hour to process the information. I guess I needed to read between the fine print but after waiting an hour after 3, we didn't even get the request we asked for (close to lobby) so why the wait for the room?

And this is why I always go to the desk as soon as we arrive, even if I've done online check-in. It gives me the chance to chit chat and inquire if they could possibly accommodate my one important request. With a big smile of course.

And this is why I always go to the desk as soon as we arrive, even if I've done online check-in. It gives me the chance to chit chat and inquire if they could possibly accommodate my one important request. With a big smile of course.

Yeah in hindsight I should have done that but at the time I didn't want to bother anyone and decided to go to the pool to patiently wait.

I haven't heard updated news since the last few weeks. For reference, I was being told by DSS that no construction work was expected until Aug, 31st. At the very least, SAB shouldn't be closing, although I wouldn't rule out last-minute partial closures.

Thanks for the helpful reply!

It is not processing your information it is cleaning and preparing a room for you. Not all rooms will ever be ready at 3 and someone is going to be assigned those later rooms.

does anyone know if either of the marketplaces here sell distilled water? id hate to pay the fee for grocery delivery for one item

Remember to ask for it if you don't see it out. Sometimes they keep it stashed away to prevent confusion with drinking water.

In general it's best to ask for help if you can't accomplish things yourself. We tend to forget that in our rush to do all things Disney. The Cast Members are happy to help you. If they aren't then remember to ask for their names and then ask for them to summon a manager to help you. :thumbsup2

~NM

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter