Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Stopped by BC yesterday (we are staying at BWI). What happened to the lobby scent? We didn’t notice it when we stayed in August either. We did smell it at YC.

Returned from Beach Club 6 night stay yesterday. We had great accomodations, however Housekeeping was hit or miss. We waitied a bit for our room, but got in fairly quickly. Each day, Mousekeepers were there at different times, (I suppose because the number of total "turnovers" varies each day). Most days, we returned after lunch to rest, and some days the room was done, and sometimes not. Not a biggie, we didn't stay in it too long, so they could still get in to check and empty trash, etc.

There were cleaning carts in the halls all the time, and sometimes placement made it a challenge to get the scooter through.

Lobby was ALWAY very loud... I don't remember that much commotion at Beach Club Lobby in past visits, but we had a hard time even hearing each other talking.

When we had to spend time waiting in the lobby, we went to the Solorium instead... much quieter.

Overall, we had a great time, and meeting @Wood Nymph and hubby was great (and having breakfast together on their last day was delightful!)

Stopped by BC yesterday (we are staying at BWI). What happened to the lobby scent? We didn’t notice it when we stayed in August either. We did smell it at YC.
The Beach Club scent was there when we were there last week. It was very noticable in the villas building, too. :)
Overall, we had a great time, and meeting @Wood Nymph and hubby was great (and having breakfast together on their last day was delightful!)
We enjoyed meeting you, too. We especially enjoyed breakfast together at Ale & Compass. :)

We spent some time with EasternShoreGal and her husband. We also met some new couples. I had a great time sharing my eclipse glasses with everyone I walked past at the Beach Club and SAB. It was a fun way to experience the solar eclipse, even though it was only about 50% there. :)

Could anyone advise whether the laundry machines near the quiet pool are different (better/worse, make/model, etc.) than the machines on the first floor inside the YC building? My DW may do a load of laundry (if we decide to go on our trip) and I'm just curious if there is a better location to do laundry. FWIW, we would do probably just 1 or 2 small loads.

Could anyone advise whether the laundry machines near the quiet pool are different (better/worse, make/model, etc.) than the machines on the first floor inside the YC building? My DW may do a load of laundry (if we decide to go on our trip) and I'm just curious if there is a better location to do laundry. FWIW, we would do probably just 1 or 2 small loads.
We were there a month ago. Used both and I feel like they were the same units, but I couldn’t tell you that with certainty. We used the ones by the pool one afternoon while we enjoyed the weather and sat poolside. We used the indoor units one morning while we were packing up to move resorts for our split stay. No issues with any of the four washers or two dryers we used.

Interesting as I was staying off site last weekend and went from MK to the Wilderness lodge to pass thru and get something from the gift shop and noticed there was no scent there as well.

Interesting as I was staying off site last weekend and went from MK to the Wilderness lodge to pass thru and get something from the gift shop and noticed there was no scent there as well.
I've heard that management can turn the scents off or reduce the potency for fragrance sensitive guests.

Make sure you take your phone with you- these are smart machines- no place to put money or credit cards. I learned this the hard way. Went to do wash and didn't have my phone to scan the code, so back to my room by the CL lounge to get my phone!

I have found availability much better at the quiet pool. I usually check the inside ones first as our room always tends to be close to those. More often than not, I end up taking my load outside. I also find that people seem to leave their laundry unattended for extended periods of time inside the building long after the wash/dry cycle has finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter