Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If wifi isn’t good in your room, don’t assume it’s bad everywhere in the resort. When I was staying at Copper Creek part of Wilderness Lodge, it was bad in my room but good when I was eating in whispering Canyon cafe in the hotel so I uploaded during lunch.
I didn't say anything about wifi. Ours was fine.

Hi everyone! I first want to thank everyone for taking the time and adding your experiences to the forum. I haven't been to Disney World since my youngest was 4. She is now almost 14 and my oldest is 17. We will hopefully be traveling to Disney the week after Thanksgiving, 2019. Would you say BC is one of the better resorts for teens? I like how the rooms have 2 beds and a pull out since my kids don't like each other enough to share a bed. HA!

My DW was looking into this but she is one of those "mega marathon" runners. :) She did the Dopey in 2017 and the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge in Feb 2018. She asked me if I wanted to potentially run it and I told her "no, i retired after the 2016 Wine & Dine Half". She said "Fine, we'll go to the spa and get massages instead." Seems like a fair trade off to me. :love:

Definitely a fair trade :) we were looking into the massages too- maybe we will do both!

You can do it! It's a "fun run" or walk, however you want to navigate it. My wife and I will be doing it on 10/18 [I'm hoping they continue through October] so I can report back on the "race" dynamics after that. Not sure when you are going, but typical mornings around 8:00 AM in October are usually pretty comfortable for running. Sun doesn't come up until around 7:30 AM in mid-October.

Yes , please do report back :yay: we are going at the end of October on honeymoon for 3 weeks :love2::love: but the only Thursday we can do is the 8th of Nov if it's still going then, as we have made plans on our other Thursday mornings. We are coming from the UK, so any kind of activity in temps above about 15 degrees is warm for us! We have chosen this time of year to hopefully have nice warm weather in the mid-20's but without the humidity of summer. Whatever happens with the weather though we will just be happy to be back at Disney:cloud9:

Well, we leave Friday for our annual trip with my son and his family. Jimmy always brings along another family to show them the “right” way to do Disney! As usual it is a surprise trip for the children, they have no idea at all. They think Nana and Poppa are going once again without them. They have never been this time of year and we will be going to the Halloween Party too, the family dresses up in a theme every year. This year the children picked to go as characters from A League of Their Own. They all look so good! My daughter-in -law has also arranged for a family photo shoot in the Magic Kingdom. Lots of new things and surprises planned!

ACK! Club Level opened for my length of stay at the Yacht Cl, but even with the AP discount, it still costs $1000 more for a 5 night stay- and we really wouldn't make much use of concierge services. I just can't convince myself to do it.

Hello!
I have a two-bedroom club level booked and was wondering if there is any info as how far from the lounge are the two- bedrooms? Is there a good location to request to be closer to lounge?
Thanks again!

We just booked our bounce back. We couldn't get beach club again. They only had yacht club garden view. She advised us that we should contact our travel agent later to see if we can get a beach club villa studio. So reservation is placed for now.

If you can’t get Beach Club, I think you’ll still have a great stay at the Yacht Club. We stayed at the YC for the first time this summer and we fell in love with it. We had wanted to stay at the BC and it was booked so we settled for the YC, lol. I’m so glad we “settled” for it because now it’s our new favorite.

i just got my previsit emails. i thought it was kind of interesting that Beach Club and AKL have different check in times since I am doing a split stay and got both emails. Is that normal!?

i just got my previsit emails. i thought it was kind of interesting that Beach Club and AKL have different check in times since I am doing a split stay and got both emails. Is that normal!?

Is one of them DVC? DVC rooms have a later check in time than regular rooms.

Hi everyone! I first want to thank everyone for taking the time and adding your experiences to the forum. I haven't been to Disney World since my youngest was 4. She is now almost 14 and my oldest is 17. We will hopefully be traveling to Disney the week after Thanksgiving, 2019. Would you say BC is one of the better resorts for teens? I like how the rooms have 2 beds and a pull out since my kids don't like each other enough to share a bed. HA!

I just wanted to mention that not all BC rooms have a daybed, you would have to request one and it isn't guaranteed. We had a room with the roman blinds (bleh...) and no daybed in June. Unless you meant a suite or something, since you did say pull out... We did like SAB and being walking distance to 2 parks, but otherwise the BC was just ok, we preferred the YC to my surprise (which also does not have a daybed in every room, BTW).

Just got back on Sunday from our first stay at Beach Club. We had transferred from AKL, and we LOVED BC compared to AKL. The brighter colors, ease of finding everything in the resort...it was much more our style. I had done online check-in and has asked for early check-in through my TP request as we had a Bon Voyage breakfast. Never did get a text so around 2:30 I went to the front desk to inquire. They tried to tell me I didn't complete online check-in (I know I did), and interestingly enough as soon as the CM was done I got the room ready text.
DH and I were assigned to room 2662. It was a king bed room right over the lobby. Here's my quick pro/con list:
Pros:
-King Bed with pull out sofa and chair
-The room was huge; much larger than our room at AKL
-Close to lobby/elevator so we didn't have a long walk at the end of the night
-Close to Marketplace (we loved the Coke freestyle machine since we don't drink soda!)

Cons:
-No balcony, which was ok because it was too hot to sit outside
-No view (It overlooked the portico)
-The a/c made an annoying buzzing sound every minute or so. Like a loud bug zapper. Maintenance came up and told us that all of the rooms on the front side of the resort make that noise because of the type of a/c units they have. We considered moving to another room but ended up dealing with the annoyance in order to keep the king bed.
-The noise from the lobby was very very loud. Every shriek, scream, and yell we could hear through our door. We had the fan going most of the time but it would have been an issue if not for that.

We used the pool once, but honestly it was so hot out that the water wasn't very refreshing. We loved the location of the resort and walked over to Epcot and Boardwalk several times. We definitely would stay there again!

Hello!
I have a two-bedroom club level booked and was wondering if there is any info as how far from the lounge are the two- bedrooms? Is there a good location to request to be closer to lounge?
Thanks again!
`
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126606040@N07/with/42280137324/

Try this link. It has both Beach and Yacht room numbers. Click on the one you want. You need to scroll sideways for the Yacht Club It took me a couple of months to find it.

Hello!
Thanks again!

Which resort have you booked? BC or YC?

There are very few of the 2 Bedroom Suites, so you should be able to review the information about the room category you have booked.

Try reading through these threads:

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

Deluxe room thread

Yacht Club Deluxe, Suites, Vice Presidential and Presidential Rooms

Here is a very old thread discussing these rooms. Im not sure how much of the information is still accurate. YC Deluxe Rooms and Suites

`
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126606040@N07/with/42280137324/

Try this link. It has both Beach and Yacht room numbers. Click on the one you want. You need to scroll sideways for the Yacht Club It took me a couple of months to find it.

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Do you have an upcoming stay at the resort?

Sorry you had trouble finding these pictures. FYI- you can find these on the first page of this thread: Post 8- Beach Club Resort and Post 9- Yacht Club Resort

I have posted the sets of floor plans below:

Last edited:
Thanks so much! We have booked at the Beach Club. All it says is 2 bedroom suite club level access. I can’t really tell what rooms would be most convenient to lounge? There really isn’t many so any requests probably wouldn’t matter anyway. Would you recommend any location to request for close lounge access in the off chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter