Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks so much! We have booked at the Beach Club. All it says is 2 bedroom suite club level access. I can’t really tell what rooms would be most convenient to lounge? There really isn’t many so any requests probably wouldn’t matter anyway. Would you recommend any location to request for close lounge access in the off chance?
I'd request "close to main elevators."

Thanks so much! We have booked at the Beach Club. All it says is 2 bedroom suite club level access. I can’t really tell what rooms would be most convenient to lounge? There really isn’t many so any requests probably wouldn’t matter anyway. Would you recommend any location to request for close lounge access in the off chance?
The 2 BR suites are located on FL: 1-4, (x509 room number, where x is the floor number). They are all in a single stack at the end of the Beach Club building nearest to Epcot. The Lounge is located on the 5th floor and it can be a long winding walk for some guests.

Dave

The 2 BR suites are located on FL: 1-4, (x509 room number, where x is the floor number). They are all in a single stack at the end of the Beach Club building nearest to Epcot. The Lounge is located on the 5th floor and it can be a long winding walk for some guests.

Dave
Thank you for taking time to explain things. It’s much appreciated!!!

Got back on Sunday from a fantastic trip to the BC! We were in room 4540, which was far far from the lobby, but right by the stairs to the path by Epcot, which considering we were there for Food and Wine, worked out well for us!

It was a garden view room, and similar to last year, our view was lacking. We looked out into a tree again. We also had the blinds rather than the blackout curtains, which after reading reviews here I was worried about, but since our room looked out into a tree, there really was no light to get in, so it was plenty dark at night. The only day we noticed any excess light getting in was the morning we tried to sleep in, but we woke up due to the construction noise rather than the light, so it wasn't a huge negative.

The painting work for the most part was quite, except of course the one day of the week we decided to sleep in, HA! Right at 9 it sounded like they started pressure washing the building right outside our room followed by what sounded like someone banging on the metal railings with a hammer for 5 minutes. That day was the only time the whole trip we heard any noise whatsoever from the painting!

The room was really nice, had a daybed, which we didn't need, but my mom loved to have to put her shoes on in the morning. We also had a full balcony which was nice. Mousekeeping was ok, they didn't show up some days, and some of the days they did come didn't take out the trash and left used cups around the room and didn't replenish the coffee. We had the room check once in our trip on a day mousekeeping didn't show up. It wasn't too intrusive, my mom was napping at the time, and the guy let me go make sure my mom was up and decent before he came in. The poor guy looked super guilty for coming in while my mom was in bed and left in a hot second!

Overall it was a great stay, can't wait to be back next year!

Here are some pictures of our room:

I have the option of booking the BC with a standard room or the YC with a water view room for about the same price. I stayed one night at the YC this spring when a snow storm left us stranded at Disney for an extra day and the room seemed nice enough. I have never stayed at the BC. Just 2 adults going and we have been to Disney many times but generally stay at the BWI. What one would you guys choose?

Page 1318-1319

Hi folks!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to these posts.

Hi, Dee,

Well, I now need a change to the Be Our Guest List.... My dates have remained the same, but this morning I was able to score a Yacht Club Standard Club room for LESS than my Beach Club Stuido Villa....(an Annual Passholder Holiday special offer)!

So, my entry is now Nov 24 - Dec - 1 - YC Club Level - and the rest is the same. Since my co-travelers will be in the Dolphin, this is a WIN WIN WIN (Saves Money, Added Club benefits, and closer to my friends!).

I've never stayed in YC, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Jeanne

Wow!!!

That is fantastic.

I'll adjust the list- enjoy!

:woohoo:

I have to say, WE ARE ENJOYING OUR STAY!. When we arrived our room was not ready, talked to the front desk and was told we could have a room wit two queens or wait for our room that was being cleaned. We had on our reservation "Garden View," we were UPGRADED to "Water View." Let me tell you when we finally go to our room, OMG it was beautiful. No K-cup, which we knew. Ordered a K-cup from Amazon that we are using. We have a King size bed with a FULL BALCONY. It is at the corner on the 4th floor. We love it. Now it is a matter of deciding what to do for next year.

I'm so glad to hear this!

When your trip is over, could you share your room number with us, and if you have any pictures of the view from your room we would love to see them.

:goodvibes

Hi all! We will be at BCV in 4 days and can't wait! Is part of the pool currently being renovated?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

Well, since I believe you are at the resort now, you will be able to discover the answer for yourself (but all signs point to "No")

:fish:

One down, one to go!

I was able to get one 2BR villa for our trip next summer, but still working on the second. I put in requests through David's and the DVC store, but both are saying that they have no one who can make that reservation right now. I thought it would be easy to find someone, but now I'm not so hopeful. Any ideas?

I don't have any helpful advice for you, just wanted to wish you success in getting the reservations you are looking for.

:thumbsup2

Driving down 95 now and we’re just hours away from checking in to YC. We should be rolling in around seven. Ideally we’d be getting in now but a family emergency delayed our New York departure yesterday by about fourteen hours lol. Haven’t stayed at Yacht in over a decade so I’m ready to get reacquainted!

:welcome: to the thread. Hope you are having a most magical vacation!

:cool1:

Well we got home late yesterday from a wonderful 5 night stay at Disney. We did our first 2 nights at the Contemporary since we did MNSSHP on Sunday and the HEA dessert party on Monday. On Tuesday morning we moved over to the Yacht Club. We went to check in and drop off our luggage and were assisted by a wonderful gentleman named Mike. Even though we had stopped at the front desk at the Contemporary, for some reason they had not checked us out so Mike took care of doing that so he could get us checked in at the YC. We chatted as he worked and had a nice conversation about past trips and other resorts that we had stayed at. He noted my only request was a king bed, stated nothing was available at the moment, but was checking the inventory as my husband an I chatted about whether any room available was more important than the king room. Well Mike stated that we would just have to wait, that he had just the right room for us, and to leave the luggage with bell services and go to Disney Springs as we planned. I had booked a garden view with the fall discount. Well he certainly worked some magic because he put us in a king room water view looking out at the boat dock. We were in room 3185. This was our first time staying here and we had a wonderful stay indeed. Our room was cleaned in the mornings while we were out at the park and they kept us well stocked with toiletries. We had dinner at Ale and Compass restaurant one evening and the food was very good. We never did get to the pool, but we did walk thru and it wasn’t very crowded. I had picked up the Halloween refillable mug at CR, so we made regular stops at the market for refills. I never saw the Halloween mugs available there, and several people asked where I had gotten it.

I have pictures of the room and will upload them once I have some time to reduce the size.

Thanks so much for the feedback from your trip. I'm glad to hear you were happy with your room and your stay.

We would love to see the pictures when you have time to post them.

::yes::

Following.

We stayed at the Contemporary for 9 nights this summer and it was a dream, I loved every single thing about it. I imagined I would never want to stay anywhere else, but that wore off. Of course you want to mix it up a little! I never imagined I would want to stay at an Epcot resort before actually going to WDW and now I am stuck on the idea of staying at the Yacht club in probably 3-4 years. (after some other planned trips) I like to plan in advance, plus I had mouth surgery (implant placed) so I wasn't allowed to do my normal routine for 10 days. lol So I've been chilling reading opinions and pricing vacations. I don't want to miss out on updates and tips so I am following. :)

:welcome:

Glad to have you following along here and joining in on the fun.

party:

I have the option of booking the BC with a standard room or the YC with a water view room for about the same price. I stayed one night at the YC this spring when a snow storm left us stranded at Disney for an extra day and the room seemed nice enough. I have never stayed at the BC. Just 2 adults going and we have been to Disney many times but generally stay at the BWI. What one would you guys choose?

YC water view room for sure! I like the YC better, and I much preferred our GV room to our SV room, so everything lines up for the YC IMO :-)

No question in my mind - Water View wins over Standard View.... Most Standard Views overlook rooftops... Water Views are always nicer to look at, plus, most YC room (not all, most) have full sitting balconies - BC rooms are a 50-50 shot. Easy choice, even thought I LOVE LOVE LOVE BC.

Do you look out the window? Do you sit on the balcony?

I only look out the window to determine if it is raining, and I never sit on the balcony.

The only time I stayed at the Yacht Club, I had a water room view, room 3095. I could hear the horn from the boat that goes to DHS. I HATED that horn.

So I, personally, would choose the Beach Club.

If balconies are important, people can tell you the percentage of rooms at Beach Club which do not have a full balcony.

We are going to the Beach Club on Friday, it will be our second trip this year. You know how I love the BWI! I am going with my son and his family and this is where they like to stay. We usually book here if I cannot get my cast rate at the BW. I have not been very impressed that last few stays, but I will say our stay in April did impress me.. Still not up to the BWI Innkeeper's Club but much better. Looking forward to our stay Friday

As Dee noted, you can phone in your room requests (if checking in within nine days) to:
(407) 934-8000

They will ask for your name, resort, and check-in date (no need for confirmation number). Unlike the central reservations number, this contact will take your room requests, even if you booked through a TA or third party. You will speak with a CM who handles requests/questions for a few specific Disney resorts.

If you want to add room requests for a stay further out than nine days, and you booked directly thru Disney, you can call central reservations, at:

(407) 939-5277

The room assigners normally work on assigning guest rooms between three to five days prior to check-in date.
Is there a similar number for YC?

Is there a similar number for YC?
Yes, for the YC you need to call (407) 934-7000 with your room requests (if checking in within nine days). Note this is not directly the YC but is assigned to a group of resorts. It just happens that BC & YC are in different resort groups.

They will ask for your name, resort, and check-in date (no need for confirmation number). Unlike the central reservations number, this contact will take your room requests, even if you booked through a TA or third party.You will speak with a CM who handles requests/questions for a few specific Disney resorts.

If you want to add room requests for a stay further out than nine days, and you booked directly thru Disney, you can call central reservations, at: (407) 939-5277

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter