Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looking for reviews as well, as I booked a 1/2 day for a birthday trip in May. I didn't even think to ask about AP so now I'm gonna call back and see what happens. It took the CM forever to figure out how to book a 1/2 day but in her defense, this was new last week. I booked the afternoon 3-7, and cost was $211.00.

I didn't realize they had AP discounts either! Mine was also $211 for the half days... definitely calling back. I reserved through Signature Services.

Just an FYI regarding cabana rentals and the AP discount. I was successful in applying the discount for our Mid May stay. The CM had to cancel the original reservation and credit my credit card with $211.00. She then made a new reservation, applying the AP discount, resulting in a new charge of $180.15. Pays for the first round of birthday drinks!!!!!!

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what The Seaside Retreat has in the way of games, activities, movies and the prices for those activities? I see in the beginning of the thread the daily stuff done in the solarium and that Wed, Sat, Sun in the old SandCastle Club has ceramic painting. But this is listed as open daily from 1230pm to 10pm on the Resort Activity Calendar and gives a couple of examples, also is this where the Sand Castle Club used to be or somewhere different. Thanks in Advance

Page 1422-1423

I know you already have me listed for December 14-21 for our birthdays, but can you add celebrating my 70th and my husband's 74th. Thank You! Can't wait to celebrate!

Will do!

party:

WELL, we finally have a quick trip planned for May (dropping daughter off for DCP role yayyy) .....unfortunately its at Pop and not at our beloved BC. I have had to try to research info on the Pop thread since we have never stayed there. I had to come over to this thread and give a HUGE Shoutout to Dee for this amazing UPDATED resort thread. Seriously. You have to have the best thread out there. The lack of updated info on the other thread is quite disappointing to say the least LOL.

Keep up the great work,
You Rock Dee

:wave2:

Good to see you! We miss you around here.

That's SO exciting!!! Does your daughter know where she will be working?

:banana::banana::banana:

Yeah, the member who started the Pop Thread hasn't been on the DIS in over 3 years so the 1st page is a bit out of date.

Completely agree!!

Gosh! I feel guilty when I disappear for a few days!

:blush:

That's how I took over on this board- the previous poster who maintained this board stopped updating and the photo links no longer were displaying pictures, so I figured, "What the heck? I can clean this up."

I can't believe what a life-changing decision that turned out to be, with all the people I have met since then who have become so important to me!

:grouphug:

Just to add to what others have shared, we booked cabana rentals for both May and June with an AP discount though this was a week or two ago.

Thanks for the confirming information

Should I add you to the Be Our Guest list for May and June? Are both trips here at the Yacht/Beach?

:goodvibes

Cancelled our June GF reservation and have moved to YC....not even looking back, either. We have always loved the look of the Yacht Club and liked how "calm" it appeared.

Really looking forward to this, guys!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Our family took our first trip to Boston last year....we loved it so much we went back this past summer.

What an incredible city!

As a life-long New Englander, I am so glad to hear when others enjoy the beauty and history of our area.

Here's a lobster for you!

waving lobster.jpg

Thanks! We'll be at Yacht Club 6/3-6/8 for our first club level stay at Disney- I couldn't pass up the 40% AP discount!

Got it!

I'll update the list.

:woohoo:

Does anyone know what The Seaside Retreat has in the way of games, activities, movies and the prices for those activities? I see in the beginning of the thread the daily stuff done in the solarium and that Wed, Sat, Sun in the old SandCastle Club has ceramic painting. But this is listed as open daily from 1230pm to 10pm on the Resort Activity Calendar and gives a couple of examples, also is this where the Sand Castle Club used to be or somewhere different. Thanks in Advance

Great questions!

The only one I can answer is that, yes, the location of the Seaside Retread is where the Sand Castle Club used to be.

We welcome any additional information that anyone who has participated in activities there has to offer!

::yes::

I thought I was already on the BOG list, but I just realized I’m not! We will be at the YC Aug. 30th-Sept. 6th :dancer:

Got it!

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for the infos regarding cabanas. FYI, I have just booked a half-day cabana for our pre-cruise stay (211$ total with taxes)

I was wondering if anyone had pictures or reviews? They sound great. :)

What is your experience with Ale and Compass for walk-ups, particularly at breakfast time? I ask because when we stayed at Poly the last time, we tried to walk up a few times to Kona and they were always full, so I wound up needing to make an ADR there. Wondering if Ale and Compass is like that or less booked up. I'm not opposed to making an ADR if it's what is usually needed, but would prefer to not make one and be more flexible on timing if they are not usually necessary.

What is your experience with Ale and Compass for walk-ups, particularly at breakfast time? I ask because when we stayed at Poly the last time, we tried to walk up a few times to Kona and they were always full, so I wound up needing to make an ADR there. Wondering if Ale and Compass is like that or less booked up. I'm not opposed to making an ADR if it's what is usually needed, but would prefer to not make one and be more flexible on timing if they are not usually necessary.
The last time we were there was during Food & Wine and we could not get in for lunch or dinner for any of the days we were there. We did not try for breakfast as we were staying CL. We ended up eating in the lounge. This was a last minute trip and only had a few ADRs booked.

Hi! Is there a separate check-in area for the Beach Club resort and Beach Club Villas? My aunt is staying at the Villas but arriving with us so I want to know if we will split up for check-in. Thanks!

I would recommend an ADR, especially if visiting during a busier time. If you want to get in for a very early breakfast, they may be able to seat you, without a reservation. However, even if they say they can seat you without a reservation, they usually quote a minimum 30 minute wait.

The last time we were there was during Food & Wine and we could not get in for lunch or dinner for any of the days we were there. We did not try for breakfast as we were staying CL. We ended up eating in the lounge. This was a last minute trip and only had a few ADRs booked.

I would recommend an ADR, especially if visiting during a busier time. If you want to get in for a very early breakfast, they may be able to seat you, without a reservation. However, even if they say they can seat you without a reservation, they usually quote a minimum 30 minute wait.
Yeah, we'll be there during a busy period. I went ahead and made an ADR for breakfast. I may make one for lunch on our pool afternoon too.

In October I had to wait 15 minutes past ADR time and they were telling people a 60 minute wait. In December I got in right on my ADR time, but they said 45 minute wait. I was curious if the CP had any influence on the December times. Last March seemed to be pretty empty (I believe this was also before the the buffet came back, not sure if that makes a difference).

I agree with the others and would also book the ADR. You can always cancel.

I just booked for June and received the AP discount. YMMV. It was around $270 total with the tax for the full day down from $317

AP Discount on Stormalong Bay Cabanas

Thank you both for posting the (conflicting) information you have received. Proves the point that when dealing with Disney phone CMs, the only consistency is inconsistency and if you don't like the answer you receive, hang up and call again until you get a better one!

:thumbsup2

I also received the discount for April.

Just an FYI regarding cabana rentals and the AP discount. I was successful in applying the discount for our Mid May stay. The CM had to cancel the original reservation and credit my credit card with $211.00. She then made a new reservation, applying the AP discount, resulting in a new charge of $180.15. Pays for the first round of birthday drinks!!!!!!

Just to add to what others have shared, we booked cabana rentals for both May and June with an AP discount though this was a week or two ago.

I didn't realize they had AP discounts either! Mine was also $211 for the half days... definitely calling back. I reserved through Signature Services.
Thank you all for posting! Definitely calling tomorrow and getting AP applied. A little frustrating when you get different information. This board is the best! Thanks again to all of you and a HUGE thank you to Dee for all the time put into it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter