Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1423-1424

Sure! May 15th-19th and June 8th - 16th both at the BC. Thanks.

Got it!

:goodvibes:

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for the infos regarding cabanas. FYI, I have just booked a half-day cabana for our pre-cruise stay (211$ total with taxes)

I was wondering if anyone had pictures or reviews? They sound great. :)

Page 1, Post 1 and Post 2 of this thread has some information a few pictures. I believe @Wood Nymph pointed you to the pictures she posted earlier in this thread.

I have not seen reviews from anyone who has stayed in one yet.

:beach:

Page 1423-1424

Got it!

:goodvibes:

Page 1, Post 1 and Post 2 of this thread has some information a few pictures. I believe @Wood Nymph pointed you to the pictures she posted earlier in this thread.

I have not seen reviews from anyone who has stayed in one yet.

:beach:

Yes, I have been sent the link. Thanks! :)

I'll try to remember to come back and make a review!

I would recommend an ADR, especially if visiting during a busier time. If you want to get in for a very early breakfast, they may be able to seat you, without a reservation. However, even if they say they can seat you without a reservation, they usually quote a minimum 30 minute wait.
I can tell you that back in the day (like 2 years ago) when it was still Captain's Grille I was able to get walk up breakfast for 2 around 9 am without any difficulty, but when I tried the same around 7:30 I was told 30+ minutes.

Just 10 more days until I check into Yacht Club. I’m so excited to get to experience the new rooms and SAB. Does anyone know how prevalent the smart speakers are? We would be interested in trying them but didn’t know how limited they were.

Hi Dee! Please add our return trip (been 3 times before and only have stayed at the BC!) for September 21-28 BC Suite! Excited to be coming with all grandkids and the "cousins"! Thanks!

For the Regatta Run can you pre register prior to arrival or can it only been done at the resort?
Yes! Call 407.721.5304. It's also very easy to register the morning of the run, 15 minutes before the start. Registration is at the Marina. You'll have fun and they have great SWAG. (Picture is courtesy of the RunDisney Forum - Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQs Thread).

47002f7e-8396-4f2b-980e-10ca71386558-jpeg.350747

Last edited:
I'll be heading back in May, hooray! Yacht Club May 10-13. I wish I'd remembered the Regatta run when I booked...I usually do Friday-Monday but the darn run is Thursday mornings. I want that pin!!!

Yes! Call 407.721.5304. It's also very easy to register the morning of the run, 15 minutes before the start. Registration is at the Marina. You'll have fun and they have great SWAG. (Picture is courtesy of the RunDisney Forum - Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQs Thread).

47002f7e-8396-4f2b-980e-10ca71386558-jpeg.350747
Thanks so much, any idea how far in advance you can register?

Thanks so much, any idea how far in advance you can register?
Not sure about that? I would give them a call a week or two before you leave if you want to pre-register. Just to put you at ease, there is no cap on the number of runners. We've run with up to 30+ runners on one occasion and less than 20 on another. I keep getting beat by "youngsters"! While it's well organized, it's still rather informal in the run itself.

What is your experience with Ale and Compass for walk-ups, particularly at breakfast time? I ask because when we stayed at Poly the last time, we tried to walk up a few times to Kona and they were always full, so I wound up needing to make an ADR there. Wondering if Ale and Compass is like that or less booked up. I'm not opposed to making an ADR if it's what is usually needed, but would prefer to not make one and be more flexible on timing if they are not usually necessary.
Last time I was at YC in September we walked up and got a table in about 10-15 minutes. We made a reservation for another day after eating there, we liked it a lot!

Also (I'm just catching up y'all, sorry), cabanas?!? I read they have a 6 person maximum. Is that at a time or how are they figuring that? My entire family has invited themselves to my solo birthday trip (mom, dad, brother, sister, sister's boyfriend, possibly my poor husband) which makes 7 people total (two rooms). If I book a cabana can they use it while I'm in the park and we just sort of share it between all of us, or is it reserved by the room, or what? I know they literally just did the opening but just wondering if anyone's heard anything about that. :)

We will be checking into BC CL this Saturday and then YC standard on 4/5! If anyone has any great trip reports you could tag me in or reference page numbers I would appreciate it!

Quick :welcome: to you both as I am retiring for the evening soon.

We will be checking into BC CL this Saturday and then YC standard on 4/5! If anyone has any great trip reports you could tag me in or reference page numbers I would appreciate it!

Check out Page 1, Post 16 for a list of trip reports. I have a couple of detailed trip reports for the resort, but they are a few years old. You can check the link in my signature for those (Orange Banded Monkeys, What Happens at the Beach Club and Anniversary Trip) are the most recent reports starring the Yacht & Beach Club.

Do they do hair braiding by the pool at beach club? If so, does anyone know how much they charge?

Yes, I believe the stand is still there. Page 1, Post 5 has some info.

I"ll chat more with you later!

:goodvibes

Not sure about that? I would give them a call a week or two before you leave if you want to pre-register. Just to put you at ease, there is no cap on the number of runners. We've run with up to 30+ runners on one occasion and less than 20 on another. I keep getting beat by "youngsters"! While it's well organized, it's still rather informal in the run itself.

Thank you so much! That's what I will do. I'll call to preregister about a week before we go. What is the run map, around Crescent Lake?

Yes, at the YC far end by the sand bottom section. There are some very good photos that show location and close up photos of the cabanas a few pages back.

I looked on the first page and saw the two pictures which they look really nice. But I usually hang out towards the middle part of the pool so I'm not sure I would like being over at the kiddie pool? Might have to try at least once though :D Called Signature Services yesterday and there is availability when we are there, still thinking about it. Thanks for your reply

I looked on the first page and saw the two pictures which they look really nice. But I usually hang out towards the middle part of the pool so I'm not sure I would like being over at the kiddie pool? Might have to try at least once though :D Called Signature Services yesterday and there is availability when we are there, still thinking about it. Thanks for your reply
You can cancel up to the day before.

We have 4 young kids, so these would be perfect for us as we spent most of our time in the sand bottom area. If only they had had them last summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!